Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NYMF NIGHTMARE  (Read 34406 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE NYMF NIGHTMARE
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »

TOD:   The entire first act of "L'Estat".  Nothing technical, although it was a tad rough during its run at the Curran Theater in San Francisco.

It's just that Act 1 was the worst theatrical disaster I ever witnessed, bar none.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2007, 11:03:33 AM »

I am curious to see what the Times says also.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »

Page 7 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »

And on that note

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 7 [/size][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »

Ron, are you going to nyc?  If you have answered this question, forgive me.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

My favorite line so far from the aforementioned choreopraher "I'm so happy [my assistants] are using the language of dance"  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2007, 11:06:23 AM »

WEll if someone deletes a post, we are safe

Miss Karen

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »

Gotta scram... so a real adios this time!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2007, 11:17:08 AM »

Interesting comment Matthew

td

• td
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »

The most recent onstage accident I witnessed was in the CLO production of OKLAHOMA! earlier this year:  Jud and Curly are in the smokehouse about to shoot a knot in the woodwork, when the gun won't go off.  They passed it back it forth a couple of times before Shirley Jones (as Aunt Eller) came onstage shouting, "I thought I heard a couple of guys out here trying to shoot a gun."

Personally, in the closing performance of FUNNY/FORUM, the incredibly hunky Miles Gloriosus, who quite unfortunately had a not-so-secret crush on me, decided that since I had my own date in the house, he would punish me during the funeral by punching me (as Hysterium).  The punch landed, pardon the expression, in the nether regions - and being a beautiful dead virgin at the time, there was absolutely NOTHING I could do to retaliate. . .ooooh, the pain.  ooooh, the anger.  After exiting, I had to be physically restrained from coming in contact with Miles and my stuff was quickly moved from the men's communal dressing room, to the ladies, so that I would Mr. Miles would not have to face my wrath.

When doing EQUUS, the second night of the run, the power went out one third of the way into the first act -well, just as the beach scene with Alan's parents and the horseman was about to begin.  After waiting for a powerful return, we polled the audience, who chose to HEAR the rest of the show as if it were being done on radio with only candlelight.

While in THE MISANTHROPE, updated to 1980s Hollywood, I had a quick change (30 seconds) into short-shorts and tank top, more often than not, the first time that I would sit in the next scene, parts of my anatomy not meant to be seen. . .well, this is a family site. . .you're all smart enough to fill in the blanks.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

Hey, Me!  Is that us?

MISS KAREN and I are soul sisters and now MISS KAREN and RON are one and the same. My head's spinning. Does that mean I'm related to RON???

Matthew

« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »

Interesting comment Matthew

I guess it was in the delivery.  Sometimes I wonder if this person has ever choreogrpahed a show before - or collaborated with others.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »

Vibes to Matthew..

3DDiffusion

« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

The most recent onstage accident I witnessed was in the CLO production of OKLAHOMA! earlier this year:  Jud and Curly are in the smokehouse about to shoot a knot in the woodwork, when the gun won't go off.  They passed it back it forth a couple of times before Shirley Jones (as Aunt Eller) came onstage shouting, "I thought I heard a couple of guys out here trying to shoot a gun."

I've seen a few things, many years ago when I was at the theatre on a regular basis.

Community theater performance of Sleuth in St. Paul, MN, when Andrew was supposed to shoot Milo with a gun...or rather pretend to shoot him...the gun wouldn't go off...

Guthrie's all-black production of A Death of a Salesman... the power went out during the final funeral scene and it was all done via ...candles, or something. (I wasn't there to see that, actually, but I read about it the next day.  Must have happened on opening night!)

Guthrie's production of Private Lives...actor playing Elyot was supposed to come on stage with a tray full of glasses...but dropped them off stage. We all heard the crash.  (I was there for this.)    There was a long silence, as if someone was swearing beneath their breath.  Then the actor called, loudly, for Amanda to "bring the glasses, will you" and made his own entrance, sans tray.

Guthrie production of the History Cycle - Henry V. The actress playing Katherine got her very elaborate dress stuck on a nail or something on the stage floor and couldn't move. It was in the middle of a heated exchange with Henry V...I think finally she just reached down and rippppped the expensive costume free.

I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »

Whew!  Sound problems.  The NYMF people should be fined or penalized when problems like this happen.  They have a responsibility to their producers but a GREATER responsibility to the paying audience who shouldn't be expected to "understand" that it's a festival and "these things happen."

BUT it sounds as if the cast stepped up and did what had to be done, and it was very enjoyable reading DR CASON's reflections on the evening.

Sound problems?  In New York?  What next?  Liza Minnelli lip-syncing?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2007, 12:17:31 PM »

Good morning!

Yes, it's warmed up here, too. I think I'll be forced to turn the central A/C back on at some point today. The morning air was BARELY cool enough to open doors and windows, and it's heating up rapidly. Bah!

Count the Pacific Northwest in as part of the September heat wave.  Tempertures to reach 70 degrees today.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2007, 12:17:59 PM »

Hi folks! Know how I'm always saying I have to sign off because of the storms in area?  Well, the other night I didn't sign off fast enough and my modem got fried.

I was lucky it wasn't the computer or anything else.  The strange thing was that I didn't hear any lightning or thunder around me, just off in the distance.  

The lights went off then on (they do that all the time with no harm done) and the next thing I knew, I kept getting error messages that I was on line/I was off line/I was on line, one right after the other!

Anyway I had to wait unil today for the guy from RoadRunner to come and fix the problem.  Well, half of the problem.  I got a new modem but the router I use was hit as well and that's not covered.

That means I won't have any phone service (except for my cell phone) until I go over to Best Buy and get a new Vontage router.  Scum.  :-\ :(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »

If Ethel Merman didn't need a mic.....

It the Andrea Doria didn't need a fog horn........
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »

Still being lazy, but will now shower and meet up with Mr. Wechter at the restaurant - at some point we'll be joined by Miss Patti and Mr. Simbulan.

Danise

« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »

I just went back and read the Notes for day.  Oh my!  I am so sorry for the tech problems, BK, but it sounds like everyone covered very well.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »

I can't say I've ever saw any mistakes.  I was part of one when I got the bloody nose in "A Christmas Carol".  I remember the light fell on that poor lady when I went to see "Chitty" in NY (but that wasn't part of the show) and that other poor lady who was choking just when POTO's curtin came up here in Tampa.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »

While in THE MISANTHROPE, updated to 1980s Hollywood, I had a quick change (30 seconds) into short-shorts and tank top, more often than not, the first time that I would sit in the next scene, parts of my anatomy not meant to be seen. . .well, this is a family site. . .you're all smart enough to fill in the blanks.

Do you have a video of that performance, DR td?
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »

I was lucky it wasn't the computer or anything else.  The strange thing was that I didn't hear any lightning or thunder around me, just off in the distance.  

I guess I should have rephrased that part.  It was something else (the router) but I was thinking in terms of the new printer or my monitor.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »

Has there been a resurgance of "Mulan"?  We've heard "Reflection" 3 times, and badly :(

Danise

« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »

Must apologize for my lack of being around these past few weeks.

With a combination of the car accident, being on jury duty & also working when I can and fighting pain that has since crept on me; it has been difficult for me to catch up on everything that has happened here.

So bear with me if I ask questions that have been answered.

Belated birthday wishes to all that had birthdays.

Vibes to all those that needed them.

Thanks

I'm just glad you are alright, DR Michael.  I'm also sorry for the pain you are going thru.  

Sending you pain free vibes

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:00:48 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2007, 12:59:58 PM »

I've had my first taste of Fall this week or so it felt like it to me. With temps down in the 70's at night and a high in the 80's.  

I know that's not cold by any means but after the high 90's it does make one feel a little chilled.  At least I do.

I've been thinking about moving to Pittsburgh but I just don't think I could handle the cold.  

I did  do a house search on line and found a wonderful one not to far from where Mom and Dad are, with a dog park within 6 miles and it had a nice fenced in back yard.  

If I can make the trip up for the Veterens day weekend, I might just give it a look-see but the chances of my going are very slim.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2007, 01:04:40 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup - I'm thinkin' the fried chicken and mac and cheese.

Danise

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup - I'm thinkin' the fried chicken and mac and cheese.

Elmore teased me when I got Southern Fried Chicken in NY.  But it was wonderful and I can't wait to come back and get some more someday!  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »

Looks like a nice little house, Danise.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up