Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 48721 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2007, 03:11:07 PM »

DR Ginny - Good to know that you and Richard made it safe and sound into NYC.  I'll see you sooner or later over the next couple days.  *Any idea when you want to be "introduced" to the Joys of Levain?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2007, 03:11:33 PM »

Your wallet (Credit card account?) does too! ;)

Yes it does.   And the cut in no way reflects the value of the dollars spent.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I'm "#!" - ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »

<SNARK>
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

I've got a DVR cache to clear out.  Gonna have to go watch some shows and make room for next week.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2007, 03:13:56 PM »

der Brucer - So PennyO and Ben were in the same room with Skip and me long before we knew them.  How great to know that!  (Was that BK's signing session for Writer's Block?)

3DDiffusion

« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2007, 03:14:36 PM »

I'm awaiting elmore's pithy response to him - elmore knows how to put these sorts in their place.  

I'm going to sound obsessed.... but, Bruce...is the real costume designer getting credit in all these reviews for the Brain?

(I suppose I'd better say that I ask not because of our little set-to on FilmScoreMonthly in the thread about who should get credit,  :), but merely because I am curious how these things work and I just want to know! )

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:18:03 PM by 3DDiffusion »
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2007, 03:21:04 PM »

I'm going to sound obsessed.... but, Bruce...is the real costume designer getting credit in all these reviews for the Brain?

(I suppose I'd better say that I ask not because of our little set-to on FilmScoreMonthly in the thread about who should get credit,  :), but merely because I am curious how these things work and I just want to know! )

Dear obsessed one, I posted earlier that I doubt it since BK had posted last weekduring his frustration with the designer that he was sure  she would be getting the nondeserved credit.  The program info is for the costumer, I believe, and not the wardrobe mistress who's been taking charge.  Of course, I've been wrong before.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

3DDiffusion

« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »

Dear obsessed one, I posted earlier that I doubt it since BK had posted last weekduring his frustration with the designer that he was sure  she would be getting the nondeserved credit.  The program info is for the costumer, I believe, and not the wardrobe mistress who's been taking charge.  Of course, I've been wrong before.

Hi, Elmore!  I hadn't realized hthat it was a wardrobe mistress who'd taken charge, I thought it was an assistant to the designer.  (Or are they one in the same? You see, I reveal my total ignorance of the process. )

---Edna Mode

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »

der Brucer - So PennyO and Ben were in the same room with Skip and me long before we knew them.  How great to know that!  (Was that BK's signing session for Writer's Block?)
Answering for der B - Yep!  And we're pretty sure that's Brent Barrett sitting next to Elmore!  (I was sitting too far to the left to fit in the pic, and since der B was holding the camera, he isn't in it, either.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »

I'm awaiting elmore's pithy response to him - elmore knows how to put these sorts in their place.  

Mission accomplished, O wise and knowing Brain who uses such words as "pithy."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2007, 03:27:32 PM »

Sadly, the creep designer is getting the credit because the program was put to bed before she walked away.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »

Hi, Elmore!  I hadn't realized hthat it was a wardrobe mistress who'd taken charge, I thought it was an assistant to the designer.  (Or are they one in the same? You see, I reveal my total ignorance of the process. )

I could be wrong! I thought it was the wardrobe lady who was busting her butt to adjust, accommodate, and complete the show.  She's very sweet and efficient.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »

It took a while, but I got through yesterday's posts.  Loved the pics.  And knowing about the hands won't ruin the show for me.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2007, 03:28:10 PM »

I'm still waiting to read elmore's pithy repsonse to the twerp.  I'll go make one if elmore isn't going to - but it's better not coming from me, probably.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2007, 03:29:26 PM »

I could be wrong! I thought it was the wardrobe lady who was busting her butt to adjust, accommodate, and complete the show.  She's very sweet and efficient.

What's her name?

And if she gets credited in future articles on the show, for example, is there heltapay, unionwise?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:32:15 PM by 3DDiffusion »
---Edna Mode

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »

Ah, now I read it - good one, elmore.  But he's a hit and run twerp and probably won't be back, because he thinks he's done his damage, just like his other two times.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »

The gal who took over was the wardrobe gal actually working our performances.  She completely took over and saved our ass in every way.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »

Ah, now I read it - good one, elmore.  But he's a hit and run twerp and probably won't be back, because he thinks he's done his damage, just like his other two times.

One can only do what one can!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »

DR Ginny - Good to know that you and Richard made it safe and sound into NYC.  I'll see you sooner or later over the next couple days.  *Any idea when you want to be "introduced" to the Joys of Levain?  ;)

I'd like to be REintorduced to the Joys of Levain RIGHT NOW! Those things are totally addictive! It's been maybe 24 hours since I had my last taste of Levain.

Jose, you are EVIL! (But also very sweet.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »

DR Woody, I really didn’t want to go there again…but here it goes.  

We aren’t in a living room.  We are at a keyboard where all is needed is pressing the “enter” key a couple of times & maybe adding one little word.   I only requested this for one little portion of conversations on this board, just for the first few days after a show has aired; just time enough for us slow pokes to catch up, and only for first run episodes.  I’m sorry this request has caused so much resentment.  To me this was never about curtailing anyone’s speech, just trying to explain I have a different level of “do not need to know” then other people do.

I apologize for my tone in requesting the spoilers & semi spoilers; it was not intended to hurt anyone.   And I promise never to comment on what I consider too much information again.  

Jennifer

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2007, 03:43:08 PM »

RE: posting spoilers at HHW.

I feel like if it's an awards show or something with results that you should put a spoiler warning in case someone has not watched yet.

As for regular dramas, i think it is considerate to just put the word spoiler at the top with the name of the show. I don't think that takes much effort.

But at the very least just put the name of the show on its own line and leave a space. So people who have not watched that episode yet can choose to read or not.

Jane

« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »

So did I.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

I believe the assistant and the wardrobe mistress were one in the same person.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

Quote from: JoseSPiano
Whew!
[quote

:D

Somehow, I suspect all of your hard work will pay off & you will excel.  

3DDiffusion

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »

I apologize for my tone in requesting the spoilers & semi spoilers;

As far as any requests made in this thread, I don't think any apologies are necessary.  

Matt just left in a hough, that's all.  

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I so rarely notice an opportunity for a pun that I've got to take them when I can....)   :)
---Edna Mode

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »

DR elmore - Are you still heading back into midtown later?  If so, when? where?

*I believe there's another post-show gathering at the Broolyn Diner later - around 10:40 or so (post-Legally Blonde).
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »

3D-I couldn't resist laughing.  

I do wish Matt would return.

Jennifer

« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »

Btw, I wrote my spoiler comments before reading jane's comments. But i don't see why anyone should make her or anyone else feel bad for such a minimal request.

I love it when people here discuss the current episodes.

But i think it should be possible to discuss them, yet not spoil anyone who hasn't yet watched the show.

I personally really really hate having a major plot point/winner-runners up in a reality show spoiled.  So i truly appreciate it when anyone makes the effort to put spoiler warning. But i also really love discussing shows like LOST and HEROES and would hate it if people stopped posting about them.

Tomovoz

« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2007, 03:55:21 PM »

Yeah for DR Jose!  Yes it is only TV!

Of course I'd like spoilers on everything as we don't get most USA TV shows for six months or more!  NO WAY

Nah!  TV is certainly not my life.

(BUT I did appeciate DRs Jose and Matt H being thoughful and not revealing too much about "Six Feet Under")

Of course it is tomorrow most of the time here and I generally refrain from posting about your future.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up