Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 47997 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:07:04 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were piquant with a rosy bouquet, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having a bottle of chablis right now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:41:38 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: TOKOLOGY!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »

Reefer Madness?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »

Well...  In case you missed it, I did post some pics from last night's festivities, so, just check out the last page of yesterday's posts if you haven't already.

And since it is very late here on the East Coast, and since I have rehearsal in 10 hours and 45 minutes...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:29:04 AM »

Let me see if I can remember things from my "catching up":

DR singdaw -- Why on earth would you need a book for a gag gift?

First, you tear a bed sheet.....

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 12:30:09 AM »

DR Jane:

FINALLY, a show I loved that you and Keith could sit through.  I hope for all our sakes that the writers can make it as interesting, if not more, as that debut episode.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »

DR TCB:   I'm sorry vicodin renders you dangerous in the kitchen.

The time I was on vicodin (a few summers ago after surgery for a broken arm) all I seemed to do was clean stuff.....the refrigerator, the stove....I reorganized a closet.

But for the life of me I couldn't maintain much interest in TV or books...I'd watch a few minutes or read a paragraph and my mind would wander.  "Concentration" wasn't easy while the drug was at its most effective.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »

DR Jennifer:

A LAST-SEASON "HEROES" SPOILER

In the finale of season 1, Peter was about to go "nuclear" (this was after Hiro had stopped Siler).  Nathan rushed over to him, embraced him and flew them into the sky.   After some seconds we saw an enormous flash of light.

At the time, I had it in mind that they would NOT kill my favorite character on the show -- Peter, that is -- and devised a scenario in which he might survive, along with Nathan.  That would have Nathan going as high as possible with Peter and then letting him go (Peter was starting to retain powers he absorbed from others and he would have gotten this from Claire).

As we saw, Nathan was a wreck.  He abandoned his politics and apparently embarked upon a binge of self-recrimination.  I have no idea why his wife would have left him, especially since she knew he was special and since she, herself, had been healed.

I wasn't at all surprised to see Peter at the end of the show.  Relieved was more like it.  But it must be one heck of a good story how he managed to be handcuffed in that shipping container.  There is obviously a lot that has happened to both Petrellis that we will need to learn as the season goes forward.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 12:42:55 AM »

Reefer Madness?

The study of the perfect toke.  Perhaps the "shotgun" approach?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 12:44:19 AM »

I have a haircut appointment with Miss Erin in 8 hours.

I thank my family genes I still have plenty of hair to have cut.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 12:45:36 AM »

It "reads" like every HHW NYMF family show was a rousing success yesterday.

Congratulations ALL!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 12:46:33 AM »

And so adieu, adieu
Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I've said adieu twice
Although it be the morrow!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 03:46:35 AM »

Congratulations to everyone involved on the Wonderful Penultimate Performance of "The Brain"!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 04:05:45 AM »

Well, I had an incredible evening last night at The Manhattan Transfer concerts!!  Yes, concertS.  They are performing four nights at Dimitriou's Jazz Alley and are doing two shows each night (a little over an hour each set).  I bought a ticket for BOTH shows!  I sat on a stool at a "cocktail table" and didn't have to share.  No one else was seated with me.  Otherwise, both performances seemed quite full of audience members.  They did two almost completely different sets, but both were just wonderful! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 04:07:03 AM »

Right after I got to the club, I asked a bartender (since this was the second night of performances) if he knew if there would be an opportunity for me to get autographs.  He said that he would have to ask one of the managers and get back to me.  Well, a woman (I forget her name) who actually works with TMT came and said that she might be able to take some things back to the group and they might sign them.  I said that I was staying for both shows, so there was plenty of time.  After the first show was over, she came and got my CD and DVDs and got them signed!!  Even the band signed one!  My scanner isn't working so I had to take pictures of what I got signed.  Here's the first.  It's the group's live Christmas concert DVD (it's also the most difficult to make out...I brought the silver pen :)):

George

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 04:08:13 AM »

This next is the group's live from Japan "Vocalese" DVD!  The singers (and signers) are (clockwise from top left) Tim Hauser, Alan Paul, Cheryl Bentyne and Janis Siegel:

Tim accidentally made the mark at the bottom left corner.  Not a big deal. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:18:54 AM by George »

George

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »

This is the inside of the "Vocalese" DVD, where the band signed it.  The conductor/music director Yaron Gershovsky and the guitar player, Wayne Johnson actually perform with the group in this concert from 1986(!), so it's great that they signed it.  The other two players were Steve Hass (drummer) and John B. Williams on upright and electric bass...incredible musicians, all!:

George

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 04:16:42 AM »

And finally, this CD is Tim Hauser's very first solo CD (he's the last of the group to have a solo CD and he's the oldest member of the group ;)).  Anyway, when the woman brought this back to me, she said that Tim wanted me to know that it's the very first time that he's autographed his CD, since it was just released last week...and it's actually only available from Japan!  And he announced that during the concert!  He sang one of the songs from this CD (Nina Never Knew) as his solo spot.

George

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 04:28:36 AM »

And now...to sleep!

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 04:35:41 AM »

Thanks for the medical information, DR Jeanne...filed away for future reference, just in case!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 04:36:36 AM »

DR George, glad that you had such a good time at the concerts.  Nice that you were able to get those signatures, too!

singdaw

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 04:38:01 AM »

DR TCB - Have you seen the Don Strachey movies before?  I hope you'll enjoy them.  I think they did a good job of adapting them to the small screen.  Note: one of them ends very differently from the book!

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 04:41:26 AM »

Here is the publicity shot for NYMF's "underwear" musical:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 05:00:01 AM »

Lovely photos from DR JOSE....the Times Square hands photo is particularly lovely.

DR EDISAURUS did not post DH GREG's response on being in the Brain Tap, so perhps we will hear about it today.

DR SAMANTHA is lovely.....

Congrats to SUCH GOOD FRIENDS and THE LAST STARFIGHTER on their great comments.....

And best of vibes to the final BRAIN tonight....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 05:00:10 AM »

WOD:  I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 05:01:26 AM »

Yes, I agree...the "kimmel hands" photo outside the Brooklyn Diner gave me a good, long chuckle!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 05:02:05 AM »

I thought we might have posts from DRs FJL and/or Noel on their opening night experiences.

Perhaps during the day today.

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 05:04:08 AM »

Thanks DR FJL for linking the Brain reviews!

singdaw

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 05:13:21 AM »

If DR Jason does NOT continue his "hat series," I, for one, will be very disappointed!

When he's touring in A Christmas Carol, we can get a different hat in each town on the tour - a sort of millinery travelogue!

singdaw

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 05:15:29 AM »

DR MBarnum, enjoyed the YouTube clip; thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up