Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BREATHLESS  (Read 26019 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:BREATHLESS
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »

Edi, last night you were talking about what to do for the parent's 60th Anniversary.  You talked about the Atlanta tour, but decided Mom would not be up for it.  Why not film all those places that you would have driven them, EDIT it, put on a bit of commentary by the two of you, and use the music of 1947 as the background music.  Then they could watch the DVD anytime they wanted.

TCB---you're hired as producer!

What a great idea! Unfortunately, we don't know most of the places they would want to see, and it might be hard for them to describe the places but they might recognize them if we drove around. We will give them the presents we have and then make the offer, and it could be at their whim, pretty much, on a day when Greg's mom feels good.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »

I decided to throw out foodstuffs that have long ago become no good - it was an amazingly big bag o' stuff - juice from 2005, soup from 2004 - blechhh.  Now everything is all nice and neat.

Moving into Atlanta was a great opportunity to purge stuff like that. We had surprisingly little that wasn't out of date!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »

THE BALLET ROOS - isn't that one of the things Cathy adores, along with a minuet and crepe suzette?

;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2007, 07:38:12 PM »

Off to do a Murder Mystery Dinner.

I'll stop by to visit you...

IN JAIL!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »

I love the insecurity of many people with Phds.

A friend of mine had a father with a very successful tree surgeon business. They were members of a "fancy schmancy" country club. When the wives would start bragging about their husband "the doctor",  his mom would inevitably bring up her husband, "the surgeon".

This friend is one of the funniest people I know, so he obviously inherited some of it!

FJL

« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2007, 07:45:09 PM »

Skip loved Baker's Wife at the York reading this afternoon.  

I had seem some of this cast in the show at Paper Mill a couple of years ago, but it sounds like this York reading was a great experince in its own right.

Tomovoz

« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2007, 07:48:27 PM »

Sparky's Magic Piano was a favourite of DP Colin.  We still have a recording.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:48:46 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »

But, I was joined by Mr. Grant Geissman, so that was fun.  He's in our fundraiser band, too.

I am greatly enjoying his "Collectably Mad" book at the moment!

Edisaurus

« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »

I am now going to attempt to install printer software and try to start using my new printer.

First job, printing out CD labels for the 1947 compilation CD.

I'm quite a Luddite. Pray for Rosemary's Baby!

FJL

« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »

Edna:  My son married a lawyer.

Phyllis:  Well, my son married a doctor.

Edna:  Your daughter-in-law's not a doctor.

Phyllis:  I had a pain in the neck and she married him and took the pain in my neck away.  As far as I'm concerned, she's a doctor.

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »

I am now going to attempt to install printer software and try to start using my new printer.

First job, printing out CD labels for the 1947 compilation CD.

I'm quite a Luddite. Pray for Rosemary's Baby!
First you peel an onion.
maybe that's a pot roast.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »

Hello!  I am here. .. Was not feeling the greatest today and did soem cleaning and slept
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »

are u having any luck finding a replacement?

I heard that DR SANDRA may be available.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2007, 08:18:41 PM »

The temperature has really dropped this evening, so I closed up windows and doors to keep a little heat inside the house. I suspect it may go into the 40s tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2007, 08:19:07 PM »

Sounds like there was a lot of cleaning, tossing, and organizing going on today.

Maybe some kind of retrograde. ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »

I'm just listening to a Bobby Vee Cd. One of the less familiar tracks is "Run Like The Devil". The orchestra included Mr Julius Wechter.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

Watching the interesting and long 1993 documentary on Breathless.

As I mentioned last week, I found it the best bonus in the set. I found it fascinating going back to the locations, especially the hotel and the room used in the filming which was torn down right after he was there. And Godard's attitude was so funny.

I remember Marlene Dietrich hated interviewers that only wanted to talk about her Von Sternberg films and would walk out if that's what the interviewers started talking about. I guess Godard is just tired of talking about that movie after decades of interviews.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »

I spent almost all evening with CSI: MIAMI. I still have 7 episodes left (of the 24 in the box). I have gotten to the two episodes dealing with Eric's shooting, and the final demise of Cavo Cruz, the best villain CSI: MIAMI ever concocted.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:25:25 PM by Matt H. »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »

A person may have a bunch of letters behind their name but it does not necessarily mean they know the way of hte world little less understand it. I work with some who have masters that are about as worldly as a 25 watt lightbulb.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2007, 08:26:45 PM »

I did watch tonight's TORCHWOOD. Russell Davies said during on of the breaks that this was probably his favorite episode. I did like it a lot, but I'm not sure I'd classify it as my favorite. Of course, I'll have to see the entire season first before picking one.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:58 PM »

When DH Richard was working on his doctorate, we attended some academic dinner function and shared a table with many of his classmates.  The females treated me like his "little wifey" and were oh-so-arrogant.  At the time, I had a librarian job at the same university that carried an academic rank.  So, when it came time to introduce guests, Richard really laid it on thick, introducing me as Director of the Middletown Campus Library and associate professor, a rank that would take his classmates years to attain through the promotion and tenure process, assuming they found full-time professorships at all.

I did always want to get my own Ph.D., so that when someone on the phone asked for Dr. Palmer, I could ask if they meant Mr. Dr. Palmer or Mrs. Dr. Palmer.  However, having seen too many doctorates left unfinished, I decided that I'd rather never start, than start and not finish.

I would be happy to get my masters or perhaps two. I want to combine a communicaton / history one with perhaps a MLS down the road.  I also get a bit annoyed as 'being referred to as DBF's little woman". He did that once and told he may have a phd but that dont mean a hill of beans when there is no respect. Since then he has never referred to me again as his 'little woman'. Nor has one of his colleagues.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »

The superintendent of the school district where I worked often berated me for not going for my Ph. D. (I had my Master's already.) What on earth would I want with one, I kept asking him? I had no desire to be s superintendent or to teach in college or university. So why do all that extra work when I was perfectly happy teaching English in junior high school. Yes, my pay would have increased a few thousand dollars a year, but again, I just couldn't see any other reason for going for it. So I didn't.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »

I also commented that it takes all sorts to learn about the world around you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:52:15 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2007, 08:31:31 PM »

Congrats to your neice Tomovoz.

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2007, 08:46:37 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »

Did a couple of posts disappear?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »

MattH, per your comment about cool weather and keeping soem heat in the house..

I wish there was a way to bottle summer heat and a person could use a bottle of heat as needed to warm the house, etc

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2007, 08:53:11 PM »

For some reason, I thought we had reached page 8

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »

Maybe it is my imagination..

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

The CuisiproŠ Peanut Butter and Jelly Spreader-And since our current subletter is an admitted PB&J Sandwich fanatic, well... :)

My problem is mixing caviar in the sour cream - and this speader is probably too broad for the caviar jar :(

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up