Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS  (Read 29139 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »

Roasted chicken - YUM!  -And that bacon... oooh, sooo good too!
Roasted fennel and carrots - YUM!

And since I already had my Levain cookie earlier - YUM! - I've already my dessert. :)

-And I'm guessing a salad of mixed greens, roasted beets and bits up cut up roast chicken will make a might fine lunch tomorrow.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »

LOL, DR JRand!  That was sort of the reaction of my DH Richard.

I knew I liked Hahahaha.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

I have a question for anyone who might know about SAVING GRACE.

Has the final show of Season one aired yet on TNT?  After our last episode we got a rather mysterious note at the bottom of the screen. It said the last 4 episodes would air starting dec 31st. But until then they would re-air Season 1. Very odd.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »

Has the final show of Season one aired yet on TNT?  After our last episode we got a rather mysterious note at the bottom of the screen. It said the last 4 episodes would air starting dec 31st. But until then they would re-air Season 1. Very odd.

I think they should have canceled it after Episode 1!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »

I wonder how many people's VCRs (and other electronics) automatically changed the time by mistake. :(

I just checked the temp for Halloween here and it is supposed to be a high of 14 C for the day (that's high 55s i guess). So that could be pretty decent. I hate it when it's rainy or really cold.

Jennifer

« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »

It's almost time for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!

I didn't really do much today. My sister and niece showed up at around 9:30am. We went to Chapters (book store). They were having a party/fair. With a petting zoo and clown. We had free cotton candy (my niece loved it). And the clown made her a pink dog balloon.

They redid the whole store which was sort of odd.  They did storytime but megan didn't like it.  All she wanted to do (believe it or not) was ride up or down the escalator. The funniest thing was as we were going up one time. We turned and went right down. And the lady and little child in front of us did the same thing. We had to laugh because her daughter had begged her to ride the escalator too!

Jennifer

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2007, 05:55:12 PM »

RE: SAVING GRACE.

It's not my favorite show by any means. But there are a few interesting characters. And the storylines usually keep my attention.  It just happens it started here during the summer.

Still no CLOSER for us this season, which really sucks. The station that was showing it turned to an E chanel. ANd the W (women's channel) that also shows it is only on season 2! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »

I also made a roast chicken tonight. ANd it was very good.

My sister really wanted to make a roast chicken. But she had never made one before. Plus she did not think she would have time to make it when she got home (it needed 2 hours). So we made ours side by side. ANd she took hers home.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »

Jose, I love hearing the details about the Walsh tribute, even though I wasn't familiar with him. It's a great honor and they obviously think very highly of you to ask you to be on board. You always have such great, descriptive posts about your adventures!

i agree with all of the above

Jane

« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »

I would no more see a movie called THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB than I would see a movie called THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS.

;D i don't think you would have liked TRAVELING PANTS

Jane

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »

FJL i hope the meds work quickly and u don't need to stay on them long.

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

Today I was watching Food TV and saw what looked like a great recipe for a turkey burger.  It has applesauce and maple syrup in it... so I decided to try it. Well, she said she cooked it on an oiled grill pan.  I have a grill pan - it's either LeCreuset or Rachael Ray...anyway, I oiled it and put the mixed up burger on it...after 6 minutes I went to turn it and it was SOOOO stuck.  It left a total mess  so there was no way I could flip and keep cooking. So, I tried to finish it in the microwave.  Well they were cooked, but tasted really dry and lousy. I realize they had a sauce on tv and I was prepared to make it, but when the burgers bombed..I decided not to do it.

So, all you chefs and cooks out there.  What did I do wrong and how do I make it work if I try it again???

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

You can get it at AMAZON for $15.

Most retail outlets will not carry it, for obvious reasons.

der Brucer

What are the obvious reasons?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »

Who and how does one decide what info should go into a trailer?  I like them fun and exciting but not too informed.  I feel in some I get a capsualization of the final print.

i remember Arnold complain, rightfully so, about the trailer for TERMINATOR 2.  more than any trailer i can recall, that one gave away far too much info and ruined the suspense of the opening chase scene.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »

I'm back from a good day in Toyland and GONE BABY GONE, which I liked very much and a bleaker film I haven't seen in some time.  My friend Matthew lived in Dorchester for a while - when I visited him and his girlfriend Myra they lived in Back Bay - and he said the accents were dead on.  The cast was quite wonderful and the mystery quite involved and heartbreaking.  The preview for John Cusack's new film GRACE IS GONE thoroughly pissed me off by providing too, too much information.  Why not simply call the film GRACE IS DEAD? What do these asshole trailer assemblers think?

Elmore, I believe that the only people in the movie who don't know that Grace is Dead are the children, which is the point of the film.  I don't think there has been any attempt by the Producers or the Press to hid the fact that she is dead.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »

dakota, thanks.  christina has a nice voice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:23 PM »

I wonder how many people's VCRs (and other electronics) automatically changed the time by mistake. :(

I just checked the temp for Halloween here and it is supposed to be a high of 14 C for the day (that's high 55s i guess). So that could be pretty decent. I hate it when it's rainy or really cold.

My VCR did - it's confused me the entire day!

Jane

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

I think they should have canceled it after Episode 1!

ROTFLOL!

Jane

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »

jennifer, i think it is great you enjoy spending time, & can do so, with your sister & niece.  u are lucky.  your cooking together makes me miss my cooking group i had in michigan.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2007, 06:47:10 PM »

Aw, Thank You very much - and to everyone else who's wished me well.  I just hope I don't let the "stars get in my eyes".

You obviously deserve to be part of this illustrious group, Jose; and we are all very proud of you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

There is a very lovely version of I HAVE DREAMED by David David Burnham & Tammi Tappan Live at the  Cinegrill in Los Angeles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uttW9SDo1a4

It i s nice to listen to, but unfortunately it is out of sync.  Not SINGING IN THE RAIN out of sync, but still.
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2007, 07:04:47 PM »

Yes, there are more episodes coming up. And in December, a great 2 part Christmas episode of THE CLOSER!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »

RE: SAVING GRACE.

It's not my favorite show by any means. But there are a few interesting characters. And the storylines usually keep my attention.  It just happens it started here during the summer.

Still no CLOSER for us this season, which really sucks. The station that was showing it turned to an E chanel. ANd the W (women's channel) that also shows it is only on season 2! :(

Ooops, posted without reading yours, Jennifer. I didn't mean to rub it in. Can you contact your cable provider? There's no TNT Canada?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »

Edi, have you done any trailers for big films that we might have seen in our local theaters?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:29 PM »

My best friend from junior high, high school, and college was in town last week.  We enjoyed a lovely dinner together on Wednesday.  He lived for the past thirty years in Burbank, California.  However, last January in moved to Georgia, just outside of Atlanta in Dallas.  He said that several people, natives to Georgia, have asked him what country he came from.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »

funny TCB.  once in awhile people on the east coast would tell me i have a californian accent.  no one ever asked where my accent was from, but then i never lived in the south.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:29:15 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »

DR TCB - how nice for you to spend time with a long-time friend.

When I first moved here to southern Ohio from Michigan, someone said to me, "You're not from around here - I can tell by the way you talk."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2007, 07:32:50 PM »

My mothers alarm clock did - luckily I  noticed it because it is right next to the radio clock and tv clock, which were correct.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2007, 07:46:19 PM »

i remember Arnold complain, rightfully so, about the trailer for TERMINATOR 2.  more than any trailer i can recall, that one gave away far too much info and ruined the suspense of the opening chase scene.

Excuse Me. I Did Not Complain!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up