Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: ANIMAL FRIES  (Read 39018 times)

singdaw

Re:ANIMAL FRIES
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »

Lovely photo, DR Laura.

Ah, DR TCB...you do make me laugh!!!  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »

Re: Pushing Daisies

I don't know how the producers/creative people behind this show are pulling this off, but they continue to walk that high-wire and haven't slipped yet.

The casting, of course, continues to amaze.  Along with leads Lee Pace and Anna Friel (neither of whom I had heard of before), they have regulars Chi McBride, Kristin Chenoweth, Swoozie Kurtz and Ellen Green (plus the unseen Jim Dale).  And the guest cast!  Raul Esparza?  Barbara Barrie?  Paul Reubens drops in a couple of weeks from now?  Someone is pulling in some favors!

How can they possibly keep this bubble floating in the air?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

That photo of the horseshoe over the Grand Canyon is deceptive. I think it is an artist's rendering, which means it is grossly exaggerated.

In truth, it is over a shallow slot canyon and only about four hundred feet off the ground. And that building is not even there.

You're right.  It's an artist's rendering before it was even built.  But some of the actual pictures are still pretty scary!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »

I want to see a video of Cason and company dancing the Brain Tap on that horseshoe!

Wouldn't that be thrilling?  Dancing in mid-air over the canyon?

Maybe not.

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2007, 06:49:27 PM »

Jane - I always leave out the laughing face - that's my whole problem.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2007, 06:49:54 PM »

I finished writing Cindy's opening remarks and have sent it to her.  It's funny and SHORT.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »

Lots of kids have already been here - I always give out two candies per kid and I've got to stop doing that or I'll run out.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2007, 06:52:24 PM »

We had a perfect beautiful autumn Halloween.  This afternoon we took Sherlock to the dog park and then for a walk in town.  The main street was closed off in preparation for a parade.  We had a relaxing stroll down the center of the street while checking out the people, and dogs, in their costumes.  No, we didn’t have a Holmes outfit for Sherlock.

As we began heading back to our car we spied the best costume of the day.  Sitting with his family, waiting for the parade to begin, was a little boy dressed as a Bernese Mountain Dog.  Darn, I wish I had had my camera.  The boy didn’t understand why we were all laughing, after all he couldn’t see what he looked like.

Jennifer

« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »

Well Halloween went okay. BUt the trick-or-treating part did not. In fact little megan would not even put on her costume. On the ride over i had asked her what she wanted me to be (witch or devil) and what she wanted to be (unicorn, or devil). It seemed like she was all for it. BUt she would not put on the unicorn costume (although she still wanted her treats).

I did manage to try the devil costume on her (she worn a red sleeveless top of mine with the devil's belt and horns. Man she pulled that thing off so fast. It was funny. My sis was trying to take a pic, but she would not leave the horns on! :(

Jane

« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »

Jane - I always leave out the laughing face - that's my whole problem.

i know, and it can change the tone drastically.  

lol, i can't decide which face to place after my comment ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2007, 06:57:19 PM »

DR RonP, I doubt PROJECT RUNWAY will air here for at least 6 weeks after it airs in the US (I hate this!). :(

Btw, right now PROJECT RUNWAY CANADA is airing, with Iman as the host.

Jennifer

« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2007, 06:59:10 PM »

We had a very warm Halloween. I think it was probably like 60F.

Btw, DR SWW i totally agree about PUSHING DAISIES. I really liked tonight's show!

Jane

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »

jennifer, you should have gotten her a Bernese Mountain Dog costume, i bet she would have kept that on ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:59:52 PM by Jane »

Jennifer

« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

DR RonP, I can't understand if your co-workers are either trying to take advantage of you. Or they just think that you can accomplish all these tasks that they find difficult.

Regardless it's fun (for us at least) to listen to all the tales.

Jane

« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »

60 degrees-wow!  it is 52 here & likely much cooler in town.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »

The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jennifer

« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »

DR Jane, it never occured to me that she wouldn't even try the trick-or-treating. Since she loves her treats.

But she was sort of in a crabby mood all day. She wouldn't put on her fairy wings at daycare (they had a party). Even though her teacher was dressed like an angel and begged her.

Then she barely ate the lasagna i made her for dinner.

She threw her cheerios all over the floor.

She did sit outside and watch a few kids in their costumes. Plus she fed her pumpkin leaves.  All she really wanted to do (besides beg me to watch Hi-5, her favorite show in my bed) was dance and scrapbook.  She begged me to let her scrapbook. So in between some of the kids, i let her sit on my floor and put stickers on some of the pages she is working on.

Only problem is when i turned away she had grabbed a pencil, undid the cap to my scrapbook glue and she was gluing the pencil to her page. :)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2007, 07:04:13 PM »

Look at that leopard-spotted baby!

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jennifer

« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »

It was just very warm here today. High of 18C. With i think 15C tonight.

But Friday it will be a high of 8C.

I'm just guessing that 15C is around 60.

Jane

« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »

cute sandra.  who is that?

Jane

« Reply #350 on: October 31, 2007, 07:11:57 PM »

DR Jane, it never occurred to me that she wouldn't even try the trick-or-treating. Since she loves her treats.

i'm really not surprised, it can be overwhelming.  and, if she had extra sugar today...lol.

i remember children acting up on their birthdays too.  i had to learn to stay calm & low keyed around the boys as not too excite them too much.  not easy to do when u get caught up in the excitement and are working hard to provide a perfect day.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »

I don't consider "yenta" to be manipulative or any of the other words you guys mentioned.

WE use it as meaning a sweet little troublemaker. But as a term of affection.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »

They are the neighbors whose roof blew off during The Big Storm about a year and a half ago.

Jane

« Reply #353 on: October 31, 2007, 07:13:04 PM »

i have to do my cold/hot, etc. foot soak.  i'll return within 15 minutes.

Jennifer

« Reply #354 on: October 31, 2007, 07:14:29 PM »

DR Jane, but how could she be overwhelmed. She never even got her costume on or went out. I just wanted her to see what it was. Even if she did like it or had to leave after one house. I just wanted her to make it outside! :)

Jane

« Reply #355 on: October 31, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »

i waited too long, keith wants to go watch something.

'night

Jane

« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2007, 07:17:26 PM »

lol jennifer.  the party at school, the excitement around her, and the knowledge u really want her to do this.  they pick up stuff without our realizing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: October 31, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »

Vibes to DC callie and Ebonie...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #358 on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »

Strange goings on in the library.....

Masked creatures and ghostly spooks and Marilyn Monroe have been seen in the building... Elvis left a while ago...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #359 on: October 31, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »

The last time I vomited was from a reaction to prescription medication.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up