Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: ANIMAL FRIES  (Read 37362 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:ANIMAL FRIES
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »

I always liked Hamish Linklater's House Party.  And Hamish Linklater's People Are Funny - where they matched people up for dates using that big Univac Computer!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »

Page 14 Last Legs of October Post....with no dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »

I bet we would be getting some cherce notes if MR BK was cast in a tv series, I bet......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2007, 08:30:45 PM »

And remember what Ralph Edwards told Frances Farmer:

"We've wired 250 top Hollywood producers to tune in tonight to keep you mind for future roles....you're going to be a busy gal, Frances, dashing from interview to interview...and so Pace and the Ford Motor Company want to give you this 1958 Edsel Pacer.  With its ease of handling and above all its dependability this Edsel will....uh....get you where you want to go!!"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »

The first story has to do with a warning I got in my sleep or so I thought. Normally my parents dogs and my cat would sleep with me back in the 90s. This event happened in 1997. I was sleeping and woke up with the sound of growling coming from the corner of the bed. When I tried to sit up I could not and felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I heard Keith's voice as he was warning about a guy I was dating and told me to leave him for my life was in danger.  

Oddly he was right a week later, the guy tried to smash my face and at that instance I heard his voice saying, I warned you and I tried to protect. Keith at this time had been dead for 8 years. He died in 1989 from complications from AIDS.

A could of months Later, I was chatting with Sandy and told her about my experience and she said she was not surprised. That year she had the family christmas and a lot of rellies were coming fromout of town and she showed Dusty pictures of different relatives. Up until this time she had never shown pictures of of her twin brother Keith. Dusty piped up and said "he comes to visit me." He recognized who Keith was before Sandy could even tell him. His mannerisms are a lot like Keiths.

To this day I keep teasing Sandy that if her underwear end up in the freezer, we can blame Keith.

I do have another odd experience and it was when my grandmother died in 1999. She had been suffering from Alzheimers for 10 years and was in the home in Mayville. THe family had been called together and she continued to linger despite complications. For some odd reason in the back of my mind she was waiting to be told that it was okay to go. I went down one Sunday after breakfast and chatted with her a bit and gave her permission. Later that night, we got a call from the nursing home that her fever had spiked. About 720 pm the clock on my computer stopped and a cold chill went up my spine. I knew she was gone.  Roughly a half hour later the home called my parents to tell them that she had died but I already knew. It was very odd.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #395 on: October 31, 2007, 08:33:08 PM »

Like this:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #396 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:11 PM »

Warnings from the other side should always be acknowledged, DR DAKOTACELT.....

You did the right thing in both cases you wrote about.  People with lives cut short for whatever reason usually spend a lot of time cleaning up after themselves before moving on.....but mostly making sure things are all right.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #397 on: October 31, 2007, 08:36:16 PM »

NOW I really am abed.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »

I always liked Hamish Linklater's House Party.  And Hamish Linklater's People Are Funny - where they matched people up for dates using that big Univac Computer!

Are they father and son? Grandson? Uh, I don't think so.

:o
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

Keith's twin sister and I are still very good freinds. We seem to understand each others pain
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2007, 08:40:53 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from the theatre.  What a surprisingly dramatic and interesting (in a good sense) play The Runner Stumbles is.  I had no idea about what the play was about before going to tonight - only that it was on Broadway before, and that a movie was made of it too - and it left me with quite a bit to think about.  It's basically a courtroom drama with a lot of Catholicism and Humanness.  -And that's a very simplistic statement about the show.  But I had a good time, and it was nice seeing my friend, Chris, on stage for the first time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #401 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »

And since I have to be down at 890 Broadway in the morning for White Christmas rehearsal... Which means I have to be on the train by 10:00 - since I have to transfer trains once of twise... And since I still want to get to the gym in the morning... And since I already have that "I'm tired and should be in bed already" headache... Well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #402 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:01 PM »

I am very disappointed. I bought candy, stayed home, and not ONE trick or treater. I saw a few walking down the street but they never came to the house. We even put lights out to guide their way.

Perhaps it was because last weekend was the neighborhood fall festival, and all the kids wear their costumes and parade thru the neighborhood, and they also get a lot of candy. But now I have 5 bags of candy to deal with.

I tried to find candy that my DH would like and I wouldn't, (Peanut MM's, Kit-Kats, etc.) but I discovered that there are very few types of candy that were availabled that I wouldn't like.

Oh dear...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #403 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »

Oddly, I think he approves of my present DBF, he has not sent any warnings.

When my great aunt died, I sensed... For some odd reason I knew when I had talked to her the Saturday before she died it would be the last. It was a surreal feeling but I understood. She is still with me.

Another experience is when a distant cousin died of cancer about three years ago, her and I would chat genealogy all the time for she was quite interested and would always fill me in. One night, I was working on a file of "I know they are related but I dont know how", when I looked at this piece of paper and in my gut I knew it was this woman's ancestor but I had no confirmation. I put the piece of paper back in the pile of unconfirmed relations and continued on for several more hours before I went to bed. When I awoke the next morning, the piece of paper I looked at bearing her ancestor's name was lying on the keyboard. It was the first thing I had looked at the night before so it was at the bottom of the pile. The pile was as I had left it and it was still neat and orderly.

Shortly after that I got an IM from her son saying she had passed away. I really wonder there...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #404 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:27 PM »

DR Noel - ~~~~~HEALING HAND VIBES~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #405 on: October 31, 2007, 08:47:25 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #406 on: October 31, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »

And I have a bird I plan to spatchcock...

Is there any "Spathcocking" music?

der Brucer

Maybe something by P. D. Q. Bach?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #407 on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:02 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #408 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »

Well, it's close to 9:00 pm and I should be getting home. ::) I've been dinking around for far too long.  All the trick-or-treaters should be done by now...I would hope.

Off to TV watching. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #409 on: October 31, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »

Dakota!

Has your VCR eaten my tape?

It's okay if so, just let me know. Your inbox is full.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #410 on: October 31, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »

Even though I have some candy left over, I did go through about twelve bags.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #411 on: October 31, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »

I think everyone will enjoy the special something in the book, which we've tipped in to the inside front board (as you open the book the front board is on your left - by tipped in it means affixed.  I'll say more in the notes.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #412 on: October 31, 2007, 09:05:39 PM »

DR Jane, but how could she be overwhelmed. She never even got her costume on or went out. I just wanted her to see what it was. Even if she did like it or had to leave after one house. I just wanted her to make it outside! :)

Jennifer - isn't she just TWO?  What is it about TWO you do not understand?

der Brucer

TWO is not really something you understand, it's something you endure.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2007, 09:07:32 PM »

Jane - I always leave out the laughing face - that's my whole problem.

Whole problem? Well, no. But it is on the short list [insert rib-poking icon here].

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »

I am still fighting with the Shada tape.... Yours is fine...

3DDiffusion

« Reply #415 on: October 31, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

I am still fighting with the Shada tape.... Yours is fine...

Okay...
---Edna Mode

Cillaliz

« Reply #416 on: October 31, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »

I had a very plesasant Halloween. About 17 trick or treaters. It was nice. I also got the writing done and electronically filed and Callie...OMG the girl is playing with toys, jumping in the air and reliving her kittyhood.  Boo is a little miffed.  It's really quite amazing. Callie hasn't wanted to play in at least a couple years and all of a sudden.  I told her her blood tests were good, but of course she didn't understand...did she? :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #417 on: October 31, 2007, 09:21:09 PM »

I think everyone will enjoy the special something in the book, which we've tipped in to the inside front board (as you open the book the front board is on your left - by tipped in it means affixed.  I'll say more in the notes.

Can't wait to see what it is.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #418 on: October 31, 2007, 09:22:33 PM »

For some odd reason the Shada tape is transferring really wacky and the color drops out. However I did notice it did have lines  of deterioration in the original tape. The audio is fine....

3DDiffusion

« Reply #419 on: October 31, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »

For some odd reason the Shada tape is transferring really wacky and the color drops out. However I did notice it did have lines  of deterioration in the original tape. The audio is fine....

Hey, I'll be happy with that! No worries!
---Edna Mode
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up