Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: KILLER COCKROACHES!  (Read 34057 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:KILLER COCKROACHES!
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »

Then I am not going to tell you what happened to him on that cross!

That's OK--I saw the historical reenactment in "Life of Brian."

Speaking of which, DS Betsy is writing an actual routine for none other than John Cleese, who is going to be appearing in a documentary filmed here in l'il ol' Portland.  We're all very excited.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

Speaking of which, DS Betsy is writing an actual routine for none other than John Cleese, who is going to be appearing in a documentary filmed here in l'il ol' Portland.  We're all very excited.

Congratulations!  Mr. Cleese is on PBS tonight, at least in the NY Metro area, presenting his favorite Python bits.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2007, 12:32:40 PM »

Congratulations!  Mr. Cleese is on PBS tonight, at least in the NY Metro area, presenting his favorite Python bits.

The mind reels.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »

Destined no doubt for You Tube fame.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »

I e-mailed Mr. Bakalor a week ago about the purge - he may be out of town or he just hasn't gotten to it yet.  The less we rely on him, the better.

BK, do you (or anyone else, for that matter) want the password for the HHW Photobucket account that I created?  I won't post it, but I'll PM it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2007, 12:46:44 PM »

The three photos that are still engrained in my mind are one from WW2 and two from Viet Name

WW2: The little Jewish boy in the Warshaw Ghetto who has his two hands raised over his head with a German soldier with his rifle pointed towards him. (Years later this photo led to the arrest of the soldier for war crimes. I do not know if the young boy survived)

Viet Nam #1: The police chief executing a young man with a bullet to the head. The soon to be deceased man's face is grimacing knowing what is about to come.

Viet Nam #2: A village was fire bombed by the Americans (I believe) and a young girl caught on fire. She ripped off her clothes and run down the street crying in pain.

I am sure there are others but these are three that came to my mind right away. If I had to think about it I pronbably would have added

John John's salute to his father.
There were so many images from 9/11 caught on video but the above three were moments frozen/captured in time.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »

That's what I thought, DR SWW.

And thanks to DR GEORGE for the DVD's!

You're welcome!  Glad they made it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »

This movie-career ending photo of Miss Frances Farmer also is a haunting image.....within days she would be in a sanitarium....and within a year begin a series of stays in a state mental asylum....  :-[

Look - a Britney Spears prototype!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »

Btw, don't forget they are showing WICKED on tonight's UGLY BETTY.

I have to record it.  I'm ushering tonight and won't be home. :-\

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2007, 12:54:59 PM »

I am working on MIDI files for the church choir I direct and may I just say I am shocked--SHOCKED, do you hear?--to read that Jesus was laid in a manger.

Whenever I sing the Gustav Holst Christmas Day, I always have to stifle a chuckle at the witch which, his mother Mary...   :)

Kerry

« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »

Speaking of photographs and photographers, it seems to be a contest everyday which photo can get dislodged or sent askew most during the day as I wend my way back and forth down the hall in my chair or walker.    Maggie Smith and Mary Wickes have been winning the last day or so.  John Gielgud and Colleen Dewhurst still would be the champs.  Ben and Ant are always well-behaved, although Jason Graae acts up occasionally.

As far as photographers go, George Hurrell created magic.  Turnbull and Engstead (and  the immortal Bruno of Hollywood) did some wonderful things, but no one ever looked like anyone in a Hurrell photo. He made them appear as if made of silver dust .  Stardust, I guess.

Some subjects (Kim Novak, Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, Gary Cooper, Marlene Dietrich, Audrey Hepburn, among others) were made for the lens and some stars knew their crafts better than the photographers.
I like boat races.

George

« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »

Good morning!

Today, I go to endure an actual haircut at an actual salon -- it has been years since I did anything of the kind. But I'm gonna try looking professional for the marathon interview weekend in Seattle... even put clear polish on my nails.

The Chairman indicated that the meeting with the Staff is probably the most important Event of the weekend - they are spazzed out, suspicious, unhappy, hurt and angry that Their Guy is being replaced. I'll bring them candy.

~~~Continued Interview Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

My guess is that the personal charm of DR PENNYO could win over the most hardened staff member.

I don't doubt that one single bit!! :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2007, 01:01:22 PM »

DR GEORGE - I use my own PhotoBucket account, but I don't think some DR's know how easy it is....and actually saves BANDWITH and $$$ for HHW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2007, 01:01:56 PM »

Speaking of photographs and photographers, it seems to be a contest everyday which photo can get dislodged or sent askew most during the day as I wend my way back and forth down the hall in my chair or walker.    Maggie Smith and Mary Wickes have been winning the last day or so.  John Gielgud and Colleen Dewhurst still would be the champs.  Ben and Ant are always well-behaved, although Jason Graae acts up occasionally.

As far as photographers go, George Hurrell created magic.  Turnbull and Engstead (and  the immortal Bruno of Hollywood) did some wonderful things, but no one ever looked like anyone in a Hurrell photo. He made them appear as if made of silver dust .  Stardust, I guess.

Some subjects (Kim Novak, Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, Gary Cooper, Marlene Dietrich, Audrey Hepburn, among others) were made for the lens and some stars knew their crafts better than the photographers.

Don't forget Bob Mizer and Lon of NY.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

My guess is that the personal charm of DR PENNYO could win over the most hardened staff member.

A nice Victoria Secret bra and a box of Godvia chocolates can't hurt.

der Brucer

JMK

« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »

You're welcome!  Glad they made it. :)

Yes, George--DVDs arrived today.  Thanks muchly (though I have no idea when we'll ever have time to watch them, LOL).

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »

Yes, George--DVDs arrived today.  Thanks muchly (though I have no idea when we'll ever have time to watch them, LOL).

You waste a LOT of time sleeping and checking EBAY, ya know!  8)

JMK

« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »

You waste a LOT of time sleeping and checking EBAY, ya know!  8)

You're right--gotta give up sleeping soon.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2007, 01:16:24 PM »

Also the first episode of Dante's Cove, Season 3.  The writing seems to have deteriorated, if that's even possible.  But then again, you don't watch Dante's Cove for the writing.  ;)

The writers seem to think there's some kind of mythology they've invented for the show, but I've never been able to quite figure out how it works. I just zone out over the guys and let the actors do their thing.without trying to make sense out of the plot.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »

Such a beautiful day today. I did wear a short sleeved sports shirt, and I got warm in the car! I think this is the last day we will have temperatures like this for awhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »

I began my afternoon entertainment with last night's CSI: NY. I Halloween-themed episode with two cases: one involving the death of a zombie-like man. The other involving the deaths of an entire family in Amityville. OK episode but nothing special. The zombie story was the more interesting of the two.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »

Next came last night's LIFE. A crime drama scenario rather than a mystery last night, it was OK, but this could easily have been an episode of LAW & ORDER: SVU last night.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

Next, I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The gay characters weren't on and don't appear to be a part of tomorrow's show either.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »

I am working on MIDI files for the church choir I direct and may I just say I am shocked--SHOCKED, do you hear?--to read that Jesus was laid in a manger.

Worse and more of it - it was the Baby Jesus!

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »

Ohmigod, there's this Ikea commercial with this woman playing guitar and singing abpout some not beige in a god-awful voice.  Is this someone with a reputation or is it one more example of a commercial's casting person being unable to tell good music from pathetic?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

Finally, I finished watching the 1951 SCROOGE. It never fails to bring me to tears, and it did again today.

They've put back in some footage that has been cut over the years, obviously from another source (maybe a 16mm print) since its quality is not a match for the rest of the film, and the reinstated scenes are slightly tinted green, too.

Still, so glad to have this version which will likely stand as the definitive one on DVD for some time.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

Are you sure it's not Vancover - nothing important ever happens in Portland (so we hear).

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »

Have BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ loaded in the player now and should be able to get through the first two parts (disc 1) tonight before prime time TV starts. It's a six disc set.

Ginny

« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2007, 01:31:22 PM »

In honor of DS Betsy's writing assignment, I'm listening to Spamalot on my iPod as I work.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up