Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NATURE OF THE BEAST  (Read 31013 times)

td

• td
Re:THE NATURE OF THE BEAST
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2007, 03:39:37 PM »

DR Edi!  How lovely to see you this fine Monday evening!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »

I think everyone should visit Cilla's site - excellent.

Thanks BK, of course it doesn't compare with the most popular site on the net  ;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »

Can someone try it again? He just emailed that it's up and working

Cilla, it's working and looking wonderful, but there's an egregious error of omission on the Bio section--absolutely nothing about your posting habits at HHW.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 03:51:37 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »

Cilla--it looks GREAT! Congratulations! May it bring you lots of good clients!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »

Der Brucer - just so you know I have rewritten that first sentence, breaking it into two sentences and changing it so that it is no longer simply quite atrocious

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »

Hi td!

I feel sneezy and wheezy and fine, after a day of mulch making.

I'm trying to get all my favorite plants mulched because it is supposed to rain on Wed. Trying to water with "grey water" doesn't go far...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »

Cillaliz-

What a Wonderful Site. May you be blessed with much business because of it.
From My Mouth To G-D's Ears.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »

Ok gang, here's my new website.  It just went up. It may need some tweaking (or is it tweeking?) in any event, at least I have a site now.

www.priscillaforsythlaw.com

Congratulations!  It's a very nice website. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2007, 03:58:14 PM »

Thanks!  We spent a lot of time putting it together.  I'm glad you all like it. Der B - if you find any other grammatical nightmares, let me know - I'd prefer to fix things now.

JMK

« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »

I feel sneezy and wheezy and fine, after a day of mulch making.

Little known fact:  that was the original lyric for "But Alive."

Speaking of lyrics, Gabe has suddenly discovered music (can true teendom be far behind?) and is now a fan of Green Day.  I got him a CD today, despite the Explicit Lyrics warning (he had already warned me, LOL, and Betsy had checked them out on You Tube).  I think I'm officially a naughty parent--if my parents ever had heard me listening to lyrics like these, I'd be VanGogh'ed, twice.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2007, 04:01:40 PM »

Law and Peace - the art on my links page, was painted by a good friend of mine, Trevor Goring (you can get to his site if you click on the painting). He's from Canada. He shows his law related art at NACDL meetings.  I have a very large gicle of Law and Peace hanging in my conference room. And one of his Abraham Lincoln's in my office.

JMK

« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »

Funny John Doyle reference department:  we had our first production meeting for Project X yesterday (at least the first that I've been to after my big first week on the job), and the director totally cracked me up.  We were talking about John Doyle, and he said the next step is obviously to have all the actors either wear mining helmets or carry flashlights in their mouths (as they continue to play their instruments), and that way they can replace the lighting designers, too.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2007, 04:07:28 PM »

Somehow I don't think Sherlock will blow over in the wind.   Would that be dog tipping?

;D true, he is far more sturdy than i am.  i was also a bit concerned driving the freeway in the high winds without 2 good hands.  the directway guy came to install the new boxes & said he almost blew off the road, but then he was driving a van.

it began raining by the time we got to class so class was moved inside, which is normally crowded but there were only two dogs today.  i think people thought it was a holiday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »

Glad you made it there and back ok, DR Jane

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2007, 04:12:01 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice if Danise could move up north where she could be closer to both of her families.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »

If you don't like politics or they offend you....skip this.....

I can not believe that Obama is complaining about Clinton planting someone to ask her a question. While it is about like FEMA having a press conference and the only "press" there are employees of FEMA....Obama bussed in lots of out of staters for the Jefferson/Jackson Day dinner and then claimed he had the most vocal support from Iowans.   Oh Puhleese
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:32:56 PM by Cillaliz »

JMK

« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2007, 04:15:33 PM »

Gabe is giving me breaking news reports as to when the next Green Day swear word is coming up.  :)

Jane

« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

Ok gang, here's my new website.  It just went up. It may need some tweaking (or is it tweeking?) in any event, at least I have a site now.

www.priscillaforsythlaw.com

very, very nice. :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

Well, I've just watched three episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" and I still have two more to be all caught up...but then I still have six episodes of "Big Shots" and four of "Private Practice."  How am I supposed to rehearse for the show I'm in when I have so much TV to watch?? ;)

So, I'm off to practice (meaning learn/memorize) my lines.  Sadly, TV must wait.  Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2007, 04:23:24 PM »

As the token Iowan here, if you have any questions you would like me to ask a candidate, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Clinton doesn't always take questions and some of them are planted. Obama isn't easy to get near anymore. He has 6 body guards around him all the time. And secret service all over the place. More so than the Clinton's did when they were here together.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:32:11 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2007, 04:26:32 PM »

I just answered a telephone poll.  It was clearly from OBama's camp even though they didn't identify themselves as such. They asked what I thought was wrong with Clinton, and what I thought was wrong with Edwards but didn't mention Obama, lol.  

His strategy is the same as Howard Dean's was in Iowa.  I think that is a total mistake.

The Republican ads, especially Mitt Romney, are slamming Hillary. Too funny. I really don't think she'll win Iowa
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:31:42 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »

Thus endeth the political update of the day

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

Jane

« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »

Law and Peace - the art on my links page, was painted by a good friend of mine, Trevor Goring (you can get to his site if you click on the painting). He's from Canada. He shows his law related art at NACDL meetings.  I have a very large gicle of Law and Peace hanging in my conference room. And one of his Abraham Lincoln's in my office.

it is a beautiful painting.  i went to his site & browsed his work,  he is very talented.  i would enjoy viewing his work in person.  maybe I'll hop on a plane & go visit you ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:07:11 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »

Glad you made it there and back ok, DR Jane

thanks, me too  :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »

it is a beautiful painting.  i went to his site & browsed his work,  he is vert talented.  i would enjoy viewing his work in person.  maybe I'll hop on a plane & go visit you ;)

Ok!

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2007, 05:02:36 PM »

Actually Trevor now has a studio in Ireland, he's enjoying painting there.  I'm looking forward to seeing him when I go to the May NACDL meeting in NYC.  We always have lots and lots of laughs.

Jane

« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »

Here's a new one on me - Two days ago I went to my usual local gas station and filled up my car - forty-nine bucks worth.  Today, I go to check my paypal account (which is the cc I used for the transaction).  There I found the forty-nine dollar "completed" charge, but below it I also found a $75 "pending" charge from the same gas station.  Of course, I called paypal - their customer service is really top-notch.  She told me that it is becoming more and more common for gas stations to do this - you swipe your card, and it automatically puts in this seventy-five dollar charge to protect itself from runaways (although if they have your card, why would anyone run away

they test your card with a small amount to verify it's good, before filling the tank.  usually the pending fee is removed within a few days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »

I don't consider seventy-five bucks a small amount and, according to paypal, had I not called in to find out the deal, I would have been out my seventy-five bucks for thirty days (remember, the REAL charge had gone through and was completed - the seventy-five was listed as "pending" even though the sale was completed - sorry, but that's illegal and wrong).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: November 12, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

Will we never get to page ten?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up