Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: BK'S BABBLE ON  (Read 36682 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:BK'S BABBLE ON
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2007, 12:22:05 PM »

Penny, congratulations on not getting the job (never thought I would say that  ;D) & best of luck with the teaching gig.  Healing & health vibes to your family!

Glad the baby party was wonderful. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »

A wonderful Happy Birthday to DR Elmore's dear friend, Ron Raines...

May he have a wonderful day!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2007, 12:24:54 PM »

Has anyone viewed the 'Bodies - the exhibiton'? It's in Pittsburgh until May. My sons and I went in October. I purchased tickets for my sister to go in January--Christmas gift.

While my brother was visiting Portland awhile back, he & our older son went.  They found it interesting.  I don't think Craig, the one in Pittsburgh, will be going.  He is too busy with school & his pets anyway.

Enjoy your newly decorated house. :)

Jane

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »

With the rest of my family, I am eagerly anticipating our first of the next litter - my nephew Jesse's (Tami's only child) baby boy, at the end of March or first of April!! I could hardly keep my hands off that baby boy yesterday - oy, I've turned into one of THOSE old ladies...

:D  Our first one is arriving in January.  George's son is about to become a father.  It is times like this I wish we lived closer.

Jane

« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2007, 12:31:48 PM »

On Friday we're going to view the Old Allegheny West Victorian homes.  My mom and dad lived on Beech Ave (as well as Danise's mother and father) in the early 60's. It is absolutely beautiful to walk through these homes.

http://www.alleghenywest.info/christmastour.html

I LOVE tours like this.  I wish I could go with you!  It would be a perfect way for me to spend my birthday.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:32:36 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

I've had my morning coffee (Peet's French Roast), plus a Morning Bun AND a Chocolatine!  Twenty seconds n the microwave they're nearly as good as fresh-baked.

I apologize if you have said this before...What exactly is a Chocolatine?  I usually get Madeline's when Keith goes to Peet's, maybe next time I'll get a Chocolatine.

When Keith gets coffee I often get a hot chocolate.  Unfortunately I don't think it is all that good at Peet's.

DaNiece

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2007, 12:42:36 PM »

While my brother was visiting Portland awhile back, he & our older son went.  They found it interesting.  I don't think Craig, the one in Pittsburgh, will be going.  He is too busy with school & his pets anyway.

Enjoy your newly decorated house. :)

DR Jane, I'm happy the task is over. I have to go up and down stairs with plastic bins to accomplish it .. so I'm happy I am finished. On with the 'other' traditional stuff.

Which part of Pittsburgh is Craig in?

DaNiece

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2007, 12:44:01 PM »

I LOVE tours like this.  I wish I could go with you!  It would be a perfect way for me to spend my birthday.

DR Jane you are more than welcome to join us!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »

I'm going to catch THE CLOSER later since it's conflicting with LIFE, I do believe.

I could be wrong about this, but I think THE CLOSER airs from 8-10, so it shouldn't conflict with LIFE. I'll be watching it and recording CHUCK and HEROES. Then I'll watch LIFE "live" at 10. (I'll probably record THE CLOSER as I watch it so I can see it again later in the week. I rewatched all of Season 3 shows that way because they're just too good to only watch once. Once I get the DVD set, of course, I'll watch them multiple times.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2007, 01:20:16 PM »

DaNiece, Craig is in Shadyside, near Friendship.  I found a really good bakery in Friendship, near the hospital, while we were apartment hunting.  

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »

I watched two episodes of the old 1961 tv series THE INVESTIGATORS. I cannot figure out why this show failed, and so quickly (only 13 episodes).

The cast of regulars are quite good...James Franciscus, Mary Murphy, James Philbrook, Al Austin, and of course cute as a button June Kenney.

The guest stars were good...Rhonda Fleming in the first episode...Lee Marvin in the second episode....

And the plots were quite interesting.

Of course the show is a rip-off of all the Warner Bros shows on at that time like Surfside 6, 77 Sunset Strip, and Hawaiian Eye, and actually, I think, maybe even better then some of them.

Perhaps if they had givin June Kenney more to do then just answer the telephone at her desk in the detective's office then the show would have been a hit! Just maybe.

Matt H.

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »

I spent a good deal of time this afternoon with MURDER SHE WROTE. Sadly Jessica Fletcher wasn't around a lot.

The first one I watched was a Jessica-less story with Keith Michell once again playing Dennis Stanton, the insurance investigator. Ricardo Montalban and Patricia Neal were the primary guest stars, but poor Patricia was attempting a German accent that seemed beyond her ability at this stage of her career.

The problem with the Dennis Stanton stories is that if they're crime dramas rather than mysteries, they're dull, and if they're mysteries, the perpetrator is just so obvious (as it was in this story).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 01:23:17 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »

Next, we did have a real Jessica murder mystery, and it was one of the better episodes in terms of suspense from this season, too. Jessica and Seth (William Windom) get mixed up with a Mafioso and his family in Boston with both their lives literally on the line. Monte Markham was the primary guest star.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »

And then the third MURDER SHE WROTE of the afternoon brought back Dennis Stanton again (ugh) for another pale murder mystery. Susan Blakeley, Dennis Cole, and Ken Swofford were the primary guest stars, and once again, the real murderer was SO easy to guess.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2007, 01:27:36 PM »

I am hoping that there is only one more of these Jessica-less episodes left in the set. They really cannot compare with the stories featuring Jessica though Keith Michell is certainly urbane and charming as Dennis.

They spun Jerry Orbach off into a Harry McGraw spin-off. I'm surprised they didn't try one with Keith Michell, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »

Next, I finished THE WIZARD OF OZ which I had begun yesterday. Always love it, and due to the added resolution of this Ultra-Resolution transfer, I noticed the Lion and the Tin Man's tears at the end when Dorothy is about to leave, and that made me burst into tears. Hadn't reacted to OZ like that in awhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2007, 01:30:39 PM »

I also watched the featurette on the new transfer for OZ in this set.

THIS is the featurette that shows what the Technicolor would look like (searingly hot) if the timer didn't adjust it for home video. Too bad some of these colorists get carried away and dial it down too much. I think they got it right with OZ but certainly they go too far with other Technicolor gems.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »

Instead of THE LODGER, I put in MURDER ON THE BLACKBOARD, a Hildegard Withers mystery to watch. However, I may instead go Blu-ray and watch BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA on Blu-ray tonight before DEPSERATE HOUSEWIVES comes on.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »

What, no lemon?

Oh - yes, the lemon!! I forgot!
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »

AH!  *I'm still thinking of heading up to Boston for the day to see "White Christmas".  Howzabout you?

I would sure like to.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »

This afternoon, I will be attending a recital by the tenor, Matthew Polenzani.

He'll be a the Rose Theatre at Time-Warner Center.  I was in there last night, and saw the ad for his recital... They still had plenty of tickets left... And since I haven't been to a classical voice recital in a while... Well...  -And he'll be singing one of my favorite song cycles, Britten's "Michelangelo Sonnets".  :)

what's the gorgeous sonnet in F-sharp major?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »

Der B - After reading the DM Register story and the polls you referred to, I decided to take a second look at the comparisons of the candidates on my issues.   While I didn't get the great vibe from Obama that everyone else does when I met him,  he is good on my issues from my point of view, as is Edwards, Hillary and I just don't agree on issues.

At least for the DEMS in IOWA it is a striaght-up issues contest; for the REPS, the game is more complex.

For Reps supporting either Mc Cain or Giuliani, the game is to stop Romney - and the man to do that is Huckabee. The scheme is to have Huckabee knock off Romney in IA and NH and for Mc Cain and Giuliani to be the top two in SC. So Republican moderates who might find Huckabee appalling on the issues, might vote for him to stop Romney -  a deep-pockets threat.

So, with this sort of Machiavellian plotting, polling data becomes tough to interpret.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

Off now to clean the hall bathroom and then to get back to viewing. I might be able to squeeze in BOTH Hildegard Withers AND Dracula before my TV programs begin tonight.

DaNiece

« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2007, 01:58:54 PM »

DaNiece, Craig is in Shadyside, near Friendship.  I found a really good bakery in Friendship, near the hospital, while we were apartment hunting.  

Eeewww, do share ....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »

Finished the dining room and what a diff.  Still have to find some places to put things, but I can actually see everything again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »

I'll leave it to others if they'd like to forward on posts to Hisaka.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:34 PM »

Had a nice drive.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2007, 02:17:52 PM »

Ate a nice little steak, which I got at Gelson's.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »

What's with Dakota Celt's avatar not loading?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »

Will we never get to page eight?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up