Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: BK'S BABBLE ON  (Read 35986 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BK'S BABBLE ON
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:03:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes babbled on, and now it is time for you to post until the babbling cows come home.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:14:50 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BK'S BABBLE ON
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:09:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: MALAPROPOS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:40:56 AM »

The jernt is empty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 03:55:12 AM »

Good morning, all!  Oy, the alarm went off at 6 am and that's too early a Sunday for me! Today is more of this last number for the Men's Chorus concert.  The harp part, which was the largest part, is finished, and turned over to the harpist, the wonderful Karen Lindquist who played harp for most of the recordings BK did in Manhattan.  Once I finish the bass part, I'll do a layout of the first 108 measures of the piece for all the other players who do not play that section and photocopy it for the trumpets, trombone, reeds, and percussion.  After that, the last 158 bars are a snap.

I need to visit Toyland, but I believe that can wait for tomorrow.  I've discovered online a wonderful historic newspapers site and I can check out reviews and articles on BABES IN TOYLAND and THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER and print them out at home.
http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Default.aspx
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 04:43:02 AM »

Good morning DR ELMORE.

I just got back from a couple of gasoline stations including Casey's and Crystal Flash and there are NO SUNDAY NEWSPAPERS available in town.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 04:43:24 AM »

None.  Nada.  Bupkis.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:44:12 AM »

I am still laughing at the Jack Benny clips that MR BK posted last night - in particular the Jack/Groucho take off.

"For $3000, how OLD is Jack Benny?"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 04:46:02 AM »

There were also NO Eckrich Hot Dogs or Bologna in the refrigerator bin for the 10/$10 sale.....the third time this year this has happened to me because I shop EARLY.

And.....7 a.m. isn't even THAT early!

I did get cookies for the PCPH meeting/party today - and a Birthday Card for the upcoming natal anniversary of DRMBARNUM.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 04:56:38 AM »

For DR MISS KAREN and others:

You don't always have access to the providential vibrations of Venus and Jupiter together in harmony, so take advantage of every opportunity coming your way. This sky pattern can still be influential for the remainder of the day although it will probably start dissipating somewhat by the evening hours. You can certainly make a splash in artistic, journalistic, literary, social and cultural circles while Venus and Jupiter hold court.

FJL

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 05:03:40 AM »

"Bupkis is the word for nothing and nothing's what I get from you" - a Dick Van Dyke Show reference

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 05:11:32 AM »

"Tell us, Laura, does Alan Brady wear his toupee at home?"

"Oh, yes, he wears it all the time."

"You heard it hear first, ladies and gentlemen, Alan Brady is bald!"

Coast to Coast Big Mouth, The Dick Van Dyke Show.

FJL

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 05:12:33 AM »

Danise - Thanks so much for the lovely holiday greetings!!!

Danise

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 05:17:16 AM »

Hi folks,

Is today Babble On Five day?   :D

I never have watched my new B5 Lost episode, I was going to save that for when I got my new TV.  I don't know when that is going to happen.  

I found a 27" HD TV that would fit in tv entertainment center I already have.  I know everyone wants size but for my little house, I'm wondering if I really do need a TV that takes up the whole wall.   I am torn between the 27" or getting a either 30 or 32 inch but if I do, then I need a new stand.  

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080278

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:53:13 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 05:19:03 AM »

The Best Buy link isn't workng.   Oh well, it's the only 27" Sony TV they have if you want to look at it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 05:33:13 AM »

I wondered who threw us into Cinemascope!  Good morning, DR Danise. Can you remove the Best Buy URL?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 05:35:09 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 05:36:02 AM »

N o w   t h a t ' s  s o m e t h i n g  y o u  d o n ' t  s e e  e v e r y d a y.

Danise

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 05:54:15 AM »

I wondered who threw us into Cinemascope!  Good morning, DR Danise. Can you remove the Best Buy URL?

I did but I didn't see Cinemascope.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 05:59:08 AM »

I did but I didn't see Cinemascope.

Thank you, dear!  I suspect the best person to advise you on televisions is our DR Matt H.  He's certainly the person I'd run to if I needed any electronic advice.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 06:01:32 AM »

Good morning DR ELMORE.

I just got back from a couple of gasoline stations including Casey's and Crystal Flash and there are NO SUNDAY NEWSPAPERS available in town.

DR JRand57, good morning to you! If it's any comfort, in my hometown the Middletown Journal publishes everyday with no news whatsoever.  I think Indiana is just saving trees.

Danise

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 06:09:04 AM »

No problem, DR Elmore! :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 06:18:49 AM »

Good Morning.

Der B - After reading the DM Register story and the polls you referred to, I decided to take a second look at the comparisons of the candidates on my issues.   While I didn't get the great vibe from Obama that everyone else does when I met him,  he is good on my issues from my point of view, as is Edwards, Hillary and I just don't agree on issues.

So, like many people I know, the problem I'm starting to have is I like too many of the candidates and although I signed up with Richardson, I can still change my mind.  I just need to do it in time for them to find another precinct chair.

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 06:21:57 AM »

I had a wonderful sleep last night and feel very good today.  Think I'll head down to the basement and take a walk on the treadmill before really starting my day.  Think I'll just stay home all day again.  It's really relaxing to just not leave the house and to do some of my projects I've been putting off....

Cillaliz

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 06:22:44 AM »

Hmmm don't know if there is a paper on my doorstep this morning, I should go check.

Ben - great to hear you on the BBC

Danise

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 06:34:32 AM »

Danise - Thanks so much for the lovely holiday greetings!!!

Your welcome!  I thought the card was kinda cute considering I have Bear and Sheena.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 06:42:21 AM »

Hello, DR Hisaka! Glad to see you! We've never met but everyone here is very fond of you, so I'm glad you're here! You have been mised!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 07:08:55 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 06:45:36 AM »

"Bupkis is the word for nothing and nothing's what I get from you" - a Dick Van Dyke Show reference

Aha---I remember that, I even remember the melody! Excvcept in the misheard lyrics department, I remembered it as "Bupkis is a lotta nothing".

That should have been released as a single!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 06:46:21 AM »

Thank you, DR Jane, for sending your warm message, which I received through dear BK.
Thank you, DR Laura, DR MBarnum, DR Cillaliz and other beautiful DRs, for posting about me. I was surprised and happy to know that some of dear readers remembered me still.

My life has completely changed since I came back here in Los Angeles in April this year. I'm not only a student any more. I have had many things to do and many things to think and many things happened to me unexpectedly. Also, I have had a personal problem which is complicated and hard to settle for me. So I have not been able to afford to read the notes or posts or to post on the board, physically and mentally.

I reached my goal on TOEIC test three months ago (quite earlier than I'd expected) and one month later I passed a screening test for a position as a member of  a volunteer translation group. I'm having a project (A court precedent in the US, from English to Japanese) with three professional translators. It's a hard work but I enjoy it very much. I believe that working in the group is having good opportunities to study about many various special/technical fields and to gain my experience.

I happened to meet a person who runs a party decor company a few months ago.  I like her works very much and am interested in her profession, which in Japan we don't have many yet. I asked her to have me at her office, since I wanted to learn from her how to set up a party. She accepted. So I go to her office in Canoga Park twice a week since the end of October.  It takes me to get there from home about two hours by bus and  train. It's a loooong journey but I'm okay, I can read many books, like Murder at Hollywood High:), all along the way. And most of the weekend, I am at the site where we set up a party from early in the morning.(I'm actually leaving home in an hour to Hyatt Century Plaza Hotel to set up a wedding reception)

I have to go to school all I can, because of my student visa, which I don't enjoy much.

I sometimes see dear BK, who is always nice to me and cheers me up.

This is my LA life.

Someday in the future, I'd like to be back here in HHW. I have no idea when but I'm sure I will. HHW is my first port in the US I found. Hope all of you will be fine and have a wonderful holiday season!

Hisaka***

Edisaurus

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 06:47:26 AM »

I often have to clean up cat hurl---several times a week, and sometimes even several times a day. But I've never had to clean it off of the back of my beautiful sofa. And I know who the culprit is...  *sigh* ..."The Gobbler".

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »

DR Hisaka! It is wonderful to see you here again.  I know how busy you are, and it would be nice if you could occasionally grab a minute and let us know how you are doing and what has been going on in your life.  I'm sorry to hear there's been some personal issue, but I think the party/event planning prog=fession is quite fascinating.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:52:46 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 06:51:55 AM »

I often have to clean up cat hurl---several times a week, and sometimes even several times a day. But I've never had to clean it off of the back of my beautiful sofa. And I know who the culprit is...  *sigh* ..."The Gobbler".

DR Jose is coming down to Atlanta to vomit on your floor?

BTW, DR Jose, the Chorus concert is at Carnegie on Dec. 11, so no trips to Atlanta!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:52:16 AM by elmore3003 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up