Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES WITH WIND  (Read 46825 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:NOTES WITH WIND
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

Okay - I'll be back to bask in beaucoup birthday benevolence after lunch in Thousand Oaks. I might even eat a calorie or two (sheesh, what a mishegas...) Off I go to hit the shower, and then weigh myself a few times... wacky? you bet!! Bye, m'dears!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »

Oh, BOY!!! Elder shuffle!!! for page 6!! bye...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2007, 10:32:31 AM »

Happy birthday to you & to you! Here's a big happy birthday times 2! Happy birthday from the whole damn crew! Happy birthday to you & to you!
One more big Thank YOU!!! and off I go -- a little microdermabrasion in a jar (Dr. Brandt), lots of Lancome face goo, some blusher (I haven't blushed naturally for over thirty years...) and off I go in skin-tight size 2's!!!
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2007, 10:34:48 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, after having a slight panic/anxiety attack when it was announced that all downtown trains were running express, but seeing that an A express train was pulling into the station... Then sat there for a few minutes... Then when it got to the next station, it sat there for another couple of minutes...  Thankfully, that was the last of the sitting.  I made it down here with a couple minutes to spare.  And, lo and behold, it looks like everyone read the part of the casting notice where it stated that "All roles are precast", so we had a relatively short morning - about 70 women, if that - and we were done by 11:30.

Lunch!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:27 AM »

So, since the men weren't slated to start until 2:00 - and I think we have maybe 30 signed up this afternoon - I went ahead and headed on down to Chelsea to get my hair cut.  I had sort of planned to take care of the hair cut tomorrow, but since I had the time today, well... I had about a 10 minute wait for an open chair, but I ended up getting one of my favorite barbers.  And I guess I just had my last hair cut for 2007.  *Chelsea Barber is also closing down for three weeks starting this Sunday while the staff goes on vacation, and while the owner does some light remodeling and reconfiguring.  They'll be adding another chair - for a grand total of four! - as well as replacing the front door.  They should be reopening just in time for my first hair cut of 2008.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:28 AM »

Just returned from an exhilirating (not) trip to Border's, where every other denizen who received the 40% off coupon was already waiting in line before the store opened (I thought for a moment there was a new Harry Potter book out or something).  Luckily, only one other person was looking for the HD DVD 5 disc Blade Runner, and I got to the saleslady first (they never have the new releases out at this particular store--you have to find someone to go back in "the cage," as they routinely call it, to get items for you).  This saleslady started out very nice but quickly got snippy when the second person said she wanted the same thing, and this store only had one.  So I tried to tell the saleslady there was another edition without the briefcase and I would gladly take that and give the briefcase edition to this nice other shopper, and the saleslady just got very rude all of a sudden and tried to tell us that she knew all about the "many" version of BR out today and she didn't need our help.  Bah, humbug.  I ended up with the briefcase since the other lady didn't want to spend that much.  We both thought we were very friendly and easy to deal with, LOL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2007, 10:40:51 AM »

And after a run to the bank, and a stop at the Chinese bakery for a egg custard bun, I then stopped into an Indian place to get a Chicken Samosa.  It was good - should have been better - especially since the place is "Under New Management".  Ah, well.  For $1.50, is it really worth complaining about to the "new management"?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »

The same thing that comes from men and women dancing?

Only on the Sabbath and High Holy Days.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »

Hello, everyone!

Just got caught up on the posts. I chuckled at Ron's "make-over". Good for you, Ron!

For Jane, re: Netflix:
I, too, have Netflix and love it. So much of what I like to watch is non-mainstream and Netflix has most of it. I also like being able to keep DVDs as long as I like--there are some things that I need to be in the mood for. I am fortunate to have an excellent video-rental store nearby, Video Vault. They have loads of classic movies, plus a fair amount of the British stuff I adore. The owners and staff are very knowledgeable and are open to customer recommendations. They are a joy and have become good friends. Netflix provides DVDs that Video Vault doesn't carry, and Video Vault is great for those times when my next Netflix DVD hasn't yet arrived. Also, remember that not every movie has gone to DVD and Netflix only carries DVD. As others have mentioned, I've saved myself from purchasing a DVD I didn't care for by renting it first.

I <heart> Video Vault.  My dear friend, Mark, loved going there.  They always had all those great Italian horror movies in stock.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2007, 10:48:09 AM »

And speaking of box sets...

Does the new "Harry Potter" souvenir box have empty slots in it for the remaining two movies?  Or will you/someone have to buy another souvenir edition when those come out?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

Well, time to get ready for the 19(?!?!?!) Equity men - and possibly for about 12 non-Equity mean.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »

Hmmm... "Make Me A Song" just announced that they will be closing December 30.  And since I already got my hair cut this morning, and if I get a bunch of stuff done at the apartment this afternoon.  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »

Guess I'll make one of the telephonic calls now.

FJL

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »

Here's a joke we've told here before, but not in a while:

A couple preparing for their wedding meets with the orthodox rabbi for their final instruction.
The rabbi asks if they have any final questions.
The man asks, "Is it true that men and women don't dance together?"
"Yes," says the rabbi, "For modesty reasons, men and women dance separately."
"So I can't dance with my own wife?"
"No."
"Well, okay," says the man,"but what about sex?"
"Fine," says the rabbi. "A mitzvah within the marriage!"
"What about different positions?" the man asks.
"No problem," says the rabbi.
"Woman on top?" the man asks.
"Why not?" replies the rabbi.
"How about animal-style?"
"Of course!"
"Well, what about standing up?"
"NO!" says the rabbi.  "Could lead to dancing!"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

Just returned from an exhilirating (not) trip to Border's, where every other denizen who received the 40% off coupon was already waiting in line before the store opened (I thought for a moment there was a new Harry Potter book out or something).  Luckily, only one other person was looking for the HD DVD 5 disc Blade Runner, and I got to the saleslady first (they never have the new releases out at this particular store--you have to find someone to go back in "the cage," as they routinely call it, to get items for you).  This saleslady started out very nice but quickly got snippy when the second person said she wanted the same thing, and this store only had one.  So I tried to tell the saleslady there was another edition without the briefcase and I would gladly take that and give the briefcase edition to this nice other shopper, and the saleslady just got very rude all of a sudden and tried to tell us that she knew all about the "many" version of BR out today and she didn't need our help.  Bah, humbug.  I ended up with the briefcase since the other lady didn't want to spend that much.  We both thought we were very friendly and easy to deal with, LOL.

One of my "favorite" things about Border's is that their in-store computers will list items as "Most Likely In Store" - at least for titles that they don't keep multiple copies in stock at a time.  I was trying to find a CD box set the other day, and after checking the usual places, I went ahead and asked at the help desk to see if they could check the "real" computer.  Well, the clerk just directed me to the same places I had just looked.  "Well, we must be out of stock."  Of course, since they were featuring CD boxed sets, there were all these small displays throughout the store.  Guess where I found the boxed set I was looking for?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2007, 11:05:57 AM »

Back from my doctor's appointment - so much for self-diagnosis and self-medicating.  Turns out that the pills he prescribed for what I had in October, which I've been taking since Saturday, are the exact opposite of what I need for my current ailment  ::)

So, while the new prescription was being filled at Kroger, I picked up a few more stocking stuffers (mostly chocolate).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2007, 11:17:47 AM »

Ginny, it is a good thing you went to the doctor!!

Speedy healing vibes now you have the correct medication.  Did he tell you to stay home from work? ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »

You did it!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »

One of my "favorite" things about Border's is that their in-store computers will list items as "Most Likely In Store" - at least for titles that they don't keep multiple copies in stock at a time.  I was trying to find a CD box set the other day, and after checking the usual places, I went ahead and asked at the help desk to see if they could check the "real" computer.  Well, the clerk just directed me to the same places I had just looked.  "Well, we must be out of stock."  Of course, since they were featuring CD boxed sets, there were all these small displays throughout the store.  Guess where I found the boxed set I was looking for?

Believe me, I started with the computer and found the "most likely in store," and then went on a snark hunt.  It was only then I sought out the saleslady, about a nanosecond before a woman who had just gone through the same exercise said "I'm looking for the same thing."   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »

Apparently the recruiter at Kaiser I've been waiting for a call from is on vacation til after Christmas.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »

Good day one and all!!

Sitting here at one of the branch libraries surrounded by books on cancer, human anatomy, pregnancy and various books on creating drugs...

On the shelf next the computer tower is a book on "THE BRAIN"

In the computer I ahve "Brain from Planet X"

I will say this.... The Brain is better looking and has better moves than the BRAIN book
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »

I have had no one for four hours.... I have played the brain from planet X twice since that is the only cd I brought with me
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2007, 11:29:57 AM »

Vibes to Ginny!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2007, 11:30:31 AM »

Happy Birthday DR PennyO!!

I hope you have a great day filled with surprises adn freinds!

singdaw

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »

MBarnum, whatta cute card!

Nancy & Susan always send the best cards.   8)

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »

One of the best things about birthdays here, are MBarnum's birthday cards.  The Raggedy Ann & Andy one is adorable.  

I never had one of the dolls.  Who here did?

Jane - I didn't have the dolls when I was young, but early in our marriage Richard's mother was on quite a doll-making kick.  Here are the Raggedy Ann & Andy and the Amish doll she made for me.  They are riding on Rob's childhood rocking horse, next to the stairway to our second floor.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »

Mr. Bruce, you have mail!
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »

hmmm.....

TOD.......

One that comes to mind is GREASE, SHAFT (or was that on TV?), Xanadu

FJL

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »

Edi - Got the package.  Thanks so much!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »

You did it!!!

No, that was a hyperlink.  I was going for an image.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up