Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF THE DO  (Read 29998 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THE DAY OF THE DO
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »

Mill Avenue, Tempe

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »

The brownies came out tasting GREAT, but cutting them & removing them in one piece is difficult.

Did you try removing them in one piece and then cooling them on a rack before slicing?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2007, 09:21:32 PM »

singdaw

« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2007, 09:23:29 PM »

Some things are beginning to show a lot of promise. . .
  :D

Tonight, I'm introducing her to the joys of A CHRISTMAS STORY on TBS' marathon showing.  I can't believe, nor can she, that she'd never seen it.

Nor have I!   :o

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #334 on: December 24, 2007, 09:27:54 PM »

I'm at my parents' house, posting from my sister's present...a wireless tablet browser!!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2007, 09:30:24 PM »

DAILY MAIL

The dress that changes colour to reflect your mood
By CLAIRE BATES

After centuries of wondering, men can finally work out if their partner really is 'fine' or not thanks to a new dress that changes colour depending on a woman's mood.

The Bubelle Dress is made up of two layers, the inner layer contains biometric sensors that pick up a person's emotions and projects them in colours onto the second layer, the outer textile.

The sensitive dress, which was designed by electronical giants Philips, works by monitoring physical changes associated with different feelings.

Emotions such as stress, arousal, or fear affect the body's temperature and sweat levels and these generate the light that changes the pattern and colour on the dress.

This would make a great fabric for church vestments - if the priest's garb turned red when the altar boys walked by...well...

der Brucer
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:31:45 PM by DERBRUCER »

singdaw

« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »

I'm at my parents' house, posting from my sister's present...a wireless tablet browser!!

So now you can be permanently logged in to HHW!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2007, 09:34:01 PM »

I am Amazon.com customer service hell...   :(

Usually they're pretty good, but when they're bad, they're horrid!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »

I keep trying to post pictures from tonight's "do" at Cousin Debra's.

The pictures "won't" cooperate.  I've resized them to near miniscule dimensions (thumbnail size at Photobucket) and they still post FULL size here.

It's exasperatin' in the extreme...especially since several photos reduced nicely.

I can't do anything with them here, and I'm sick of trying.  So they'll ALL just have to wait.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:21 PM »

Nor have I.

Well then, DR TCB...  You and I shall have to have a private screening.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:48 PM »

That said, it's Christmas here on the east coast.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2007, 09:36:59 PM »

So now you can be permanently logged in to HHW!   :D

Sadly, no.  It's my sister's gift...not mine. ::)  l'm still otherwise stuck to a real computer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »

And it's very slow going.

singdaw

« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »

singdaw

« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »

And to ALL a good night!  :)

George

« Reply #346 on: December 24, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »

Well...I gotta go.  My niece wants to play with this thing.  Until later!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: December 24, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

« Reply #348 on: December 24, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »

:DNor have I!   :o

Me neither; if I had I'd get into touble for making Heather Mills jokes.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:08:45 PM by DERBRUCER »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #349 on: December 24, 2007, 09:44:16 PM »

Party has basically ended, although one group of people always end up coming around ten-thirty, so we'll see if that happens this year.  We had a lovelier than lovely group of folks, about fifteen in all, and it was ever so comfy and fun and a LOT of spaghetti was consumed, as well as tuna pasta salad, and our various and sundried desserts.  All in all - splendiferous.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #350 on: December 24, 2007, 09:44:28 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]M[/size][/color][size=8]E[/size][/color][size=8]R[/size][/color][size=8]R[/size][/color][size=8]Y[/size][/color][/shadow][/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]C[/size][/color][size=8]H[/size][/color][size=8]R[/size][/color][size=8]I[/size][/color][size=8]S[/size][/color][size=8]T[/size][/color][size=8]M[/size][/color][size=8]A[/size][/color][size=8]S[/size][/color][/shadow][/move]

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: December 24, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

Merry Christmas to one and all!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #352 on: December 24, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »

Just dropped in to catch up and say goodnight, and to mention that my haul thus far included some See's chocolates.  :).

So:  Goodnight and Merry Christmas

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »

Good Evening!

Merry Christmas!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2007, 10:33:14 PM »

I am Amazon.com customer service hell...   :(

And I am The Enabler.  Nice to meet you "Amazon.com Customer Service Hell".

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »

In other news...

Well, VA Center Commons Mall is pretty much like I remembered it.  It's basically a mid-level mall trying to be a upscale one.  It was busy, but not crazy busy.  I did stop by the Virginia Diner kiosk, and I picked up a few tins of their famous peanuts, almonds and cashews - they were marked down 50%.  -I was "good", and passed on buying the chocolate-covered peanut brittle.  I also bought an Almond Milk Bubble Tea from one of the drink stands.  Yummy!

There were still plenty of people lined up to have their pictures taken with Santa, and the Food Court happened to have live entertainment today: a young woman singing original songs.  Of course, none of her songs had anything to do with the holidays.  In fact, I'm not sure what any of her songs were about.  She sang loudly and her guitar was in desperate need of tuning.  But at least her mic was working fine.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »

After my walk through the Mall, I headed across the parking lot to the movie theatre complex.  By the time I got there, there were only three movies that were about to start: "The Golden Compass", "I Am Legend" and "Sweeney Todd".  However, when I got to the automated ticketing machine, there was a ticket for "Sweeney Todd" sitting in the dispenser.  Hmm... Well, I passed a few minutes by checking out the showtimes for tomorrow and Wednesday.  No one came back to the machine, so I went ahead and took the ticket, and saw "Sweeney Todd" again.

It was another basically deserted theatre, and, thankfully, no talkative teenage girls sitting down the row from me this time.  I enjoyed the movie the second time, and I took the opportunity to concentrate on some of the elements that certain reviewers were not too keen on.  I've read a couple of reviews - both "professional" and amateur - that thought the boy playing Toby was as stiff as a board throughout, and never changed his expression.  Wrong!  It may not be the most nuanced performance in the world, but I have a sense that may have been Tim Burton's doing rather than the actor's.  I was also hoping to decipher the one piece of dialogue I could not understand the first time, but it still puzzled me.  Does anyone know what Judge Turpin says when Anthony runs up to him right after Johanna is carted away?  Something about "Here I stand.... "  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #357 on: December 24, 2007, 10:50:37 PM »

I had planned to walk back to my parents' house after the movie, but once I realized that it had gotten colder and that there are no street lights along the road back to my parents housing development, I went ahead and called for my Dad to come pick me up.  I felt like I was a freshman in high school again.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #358 on: December 24, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »

After I got back home, I then headed back out again and over to Steve's place.  I wanted to drop off his Christmas present, and since neither of us had had dinner yet, we were going to head out to get something to eat.  Well, when I got over there, we both "realized" that it was Christmas Eve, and that none of our old stand-bys would still be open at the hour.  And, after a few phone calls to see if anyone might still be open, well... Steve checked to see what he had in his fridge, and I ended up cooking dinner for both of us.  He had a nice pork tenderloin, so I cut that up into thin slices, seared them in his cast iron skillet for a bit, then improvised a sauce/glaze out of some leftover canned pineapple slices and juice and some Heinz 57 sauce.  It actually came out quite well, although, I did end up smoking up his apartment quite a bit.  -But it looked cool.

After dinner, we drove over to the James Center to take pics of their Christmas display.  Then we drove up to the Jefferson Hotel to take pics of their Christmas display.  Then we drove a bit through the Fan to take some pics of the houses there.  Alas, no one had any really tacky house lights up - at least on the blocks we checked out.  Ah, well.  Then we headed back to Steve's place, where we went up on the roof of his building and took a few shots of the "illuminated" skyline of Richmond.  -And, yes, pics will be posted.

All in all, a very nice night, and Steve may come over tomorrow to join us for our Christmas dinner.  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #359 on: December 24, 2007, 11:08:06 PM »

However, when I got to the automated ticketing machine, there was a ticket for "Sweeney Todd" sitting in the dispenser.  Hmm...

A shopdropper at work?

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up