Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OLD MAN IS SNORING  (Read 30335 times)

Kerry

Re:THE OLD MAN IS SNORING
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »

If it hasn't been mentioned, Congrats to DR Kerry for reaching 1000+ Posts! :D
Did Inot even notice I had reached a milestone?    Were I only as wordsome as Ron?   I could be kintg of the forest by now!   You notice Idid not say "verbose." ;)
I like boat races.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2008, 06:51:47 PM »

I come to the realization there are is one job in the kitchen I totally despise and that is cleaning the oven.

Not that is was really bad or anything, It just had to be wiped out really good again. I would rather clean the fridge...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »

Congrats Kerry on your new Milestone!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, DR Kerry, on your lofty new perch in the clouds! :D

singdaw

« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

I am sorry I was not here during the past two pages of posts to defend myself.  :)

But there has been dirty work afoot, most assuredly.

Oh, the barbs!

singdaw

« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

The slings and arrows, as it were.

singdaw

« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2008, 06:58:13 PM »

The truth hurts.   :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2008, 07:09:45 PM »

Oh... Today's Foodie Report:

S'MAC - Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese

3 Nosh's:
Cheeseburger - For the Hearty Meat Eater! Ground Beef done to perfection with onions, garlic and a hint of ketchup and mustard. Don't forget the best part - a combination of American and Cheddar cheeses.

Gruyere - A Swiss Mac that keeps you coming back for more. Gruyere coupled with its partner in crime, slab bacon. Hard to resist.

Masala Mac - North American comfort food blended with Indian spices - exotic? mysterious? avant-garde? - you be the judge. This one is certainly not for the faint of heart!

All very good.  All very filling.  :)

*This pic is from their website.  It is not representative of the meal we shared today.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

And for dessert... -which happened just to be around the corner...

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffé

*Again, these pictures are from their website.  They are only a representation of what was bought and/or consumed earlier this evening.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2008, 07:16:55 PM »

I have made my own concoction of Mac and cheese that is similar to the Cheeseburger one.

I have also made a philly steak type mac and cheese.

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »

That Mac and Cheese post made me very hungry!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:17:33 PM by MBarnum »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

Those deserts look lovely!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »

I am notorious for experimenting with leftovers....

Sometimes my concoctions are pretty good and other times... Well, lets say I tried.. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »

I am here JRand, I am here...I spent most of the day sleeping....but I do think I am now on the mend, sick wise, which is good because I have work tomorrow and I must get my mom to the grocery store STAT because her cupboards are bare.

MBarnum

« Reply #254 on: January 06, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

And because I slept so much today I got not much movie watching done...however, I will now pop in one of 2006s top Bollywood films (particularly popular overseas) RANG DE BASANTI starring the lead of the hit film LAGAAN, Amir Khan.

td

• td
« Reply #255 on: January 06, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »

I am so happy to see that someone else appreciated EASTERN PROMISES, my second favorite film of 2007.

Anyway, MOBY DICK. . .it's about this great. . .white. . .whale. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »

So...

Did anyone catching tonight's episode of "The Family Guy"?  -There was one segment that paid "tribute" to "Mary Poppins" that had me laughing and laughing and laughing.  :D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »

GINNY, I, too, love your DECADES photo!

CONGRATS to KERRY on his posting milestone!

THANKS, SINGDAW, for the photo. I enjoyed it.

I'm enjoying TCB's costumes changes. Reminds me of paper dolls.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »

speaking of tearjerkers, I just watched the second 2 hours of the BBC adaptation of JANE EYRE on Masterpiece Theatre. The only person in the cast I recognized was Maggie Smith's son Toby as Mr Rochester, but I loved the actress playing Jane.  I've never read the novel, but I've seen at least two other versions - Orson Wells, George C Scott - and I don't ever recall Jane's finding she has cousins after her uncle's death. Usually they tie up the plot after the aborted wedding and the madwoman in the attic as quickly as possible.  What a weepy ending.  I loved it.

And then, the previews for the Jane Austen festival beginning next week with the new adaptation of PERSUASION.  Yay!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »

speaking of tearjerkers, I just watched the second 2 hours of the BBC adaptation of JANE EYRE on Masterpiece Theatre. The only person in the cast I recognized was Maggie Smith's son Toby as Mr Rochester, but I loved the actress playing Jane.  I've never read the novel, but I've seen at least two other versions - Orson Wells, George C Scott - and I don't ever recall Jane's finding she has cousins after her uncle's death. Usually they tie up the plot after the aborted wedding and the madwoman in the attic as quickly as possible.  What a weepy ending.  I loved it.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »

I watched a motion picture on HD DVD this afternoon.

It is called "Eastern Promises", directed by David Cronenberg.

This movie is a tale of Russian mafia in London and two people who get caught up in it when a young girl dies in childbirth and leaves behind a diary that tells how she was raped by a prominent Russian mafioso.  Viggo Mortensen stars as a truly rough, unpleasant man who works for a buisnessman (Armin Mueller-Stahl).  Viggo is also intriguing and sexy in a brutish sort of way and, naturally, attracts the young midwife, played by Naomi Watts, who delivered the dead girl's baby and found the diary and learns who sired the baby from it.  Meanwhile, the son of the businessman, played by Vincent Cassel, becomes the key to many unpleasant things that have happened and will happen.

There is much blood and visual gore in some scenes. There is also a bathhouse scene where Viggo must fight two men who have mistaken him for his boss' son...and Viggo does this in the nude with "little Viggo and his pals" showing him up a few times.  Anyone watches this and says he or she never looked at/saw little Viggo, he or she will be lying.  :)

Everyone is first-rate in the film, IMO, and it's extraordinarily sharp in high definition.
This was a good movie.  It doesn't have a wasted moment.  The  score by Howard Shore is a major asset.

Thanks for the information about the film. I loved their last collaboration - A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE which I thought was one of the best films of its year and underrated. I will definitely want to see this at some point.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #261 on: January 06, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »

singdaw - I think you meant Babs, not Barbs. (Or is Barbs Barbara Cook?)

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: January 06, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »

I read JANE EYRE in 10th grade. I enjoyed it at the time, but I have next to no memory of it. When I saw the Fox film version a year or so ago, I only knew the major plot points and none of the details.

MBarnum

« Reply #263 on: January 06, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »

Well, darn, my copy of RANG DE BASANTI was very, very strange. I don't recall where I bought it, but I think it might have been a pirated copy....I have learned my lesson well with that, believe me (they used to be all over Ebay...you think you are getting a really good price, but the quality is very, very bad  :-\   )

Oh, well...I added it to my Netflix queue.

MBarnum

« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »

So instead of a Bollywood movie (not that I don't have some others I can watch...it was just that I couldn't seem to choose one that fit my mood) I will watch one of my Christmas presents from DR Elmore3003...PIGSKIN PARADE!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »

I lied.

Instead of watching 2001 or BLADE RUNNER or THE WILD BUNCH, I saw the Blu-ray of THE TERMINATOR in the stack and chose that instead.

As a high definition disc, I thought it looked better than TERMINATOR 2 on Blu-ray (which I found to be one of the most disappointing HD transfers I have in my collection.) Michael Biehn was so very beautiful in this movie.

The MGM transfer had an uncompressed 5.1 soundtrack which was astounding for a film that was released to theaters with a mono soundtrack.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »

So instead of a Bollywood movie (not that I don't have some others I can watch...it was just that I couldn't seem to choose one that fit my mood) I will watch one of my Christmas presents from DR Elmore3003...PIGSKIN PARADE!  ;D

Quite a fun movie, and Judy Garland in her earliest feature film shows that astounding voice of hers to great effect.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »

After THE TERMINATOR, I watched another BONES episode. This is the one that Fox will be showing on Friday this week - with the body discovered at a church cemetery. Pretty good mystery, but season two had better stories. I did love the interaction with Stephen Frye in another featured appearance as Booth's psychiatrist.

Matt H.

« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2008, 08:19:34 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some good moments, but if this indeed turns out to be the season finale, there were some great cliffhangers.

Matt H.

« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »

CASHMERE MAFIA was a toss-up for me. I didn't care for some of the women, and the music, stories, etc. were really in the same obvious vein as SEX AND THE CITY (Darren Star as exec producer saw to that). Problem is, I didn't find any of the women a tenth as interesting as the four women in SEX AND THE CITY.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up