Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PORGY AND BESS STAY HOME  (Read 27537 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:PORGY AND BESS STAY HOME
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »

Page Seven?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »

At last!   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »

The store's remodel begins tomorrow.

Technically, most of the work will be done at night, allowing the dust to settle before the customers come in for the morning.

I'd be taking pictures, but der Brucer left the camera at his daughter's house last Christmas.   :P

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

Is IRON CHEF AMERICA as much fun as the original IRON CHEF program from Japan?

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »

What is ICA?

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »

Duh of course!

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »

THE FINALE!!!!! Gotta watch....laters....

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »

Been watching the NFL playoffs.  Yay for former Michigan Wolverine Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.  Now, we're watching the game from Green Bay and being very thankful that we're not in Wisconsin any more.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »

Watching "TAR" Finale...

Now that's a final task!!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »

Well... Almost final task... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »

The format of ICA is similar to that of the original Iron Chef.  In this version, however, each chef is required to finish five dishes using the secret ingredient - the original left the total number of dishes wide open.

The treatment of the food is of the same high caliber.  The treatment of the judges tends to be better - even when the judge is a celebrity, he or she usually has a strong connection to food, unlike the actresses of the Japanese show, who were made to look a little foolish, IMO.

ICA has an impressive list of regulars, from lead commentator Alton Brown (Good Eats) and Kevin Brauch reporting from the kitchen floor, to the chefs: Bobby Flay, Mario Batali, Cat Cora, and Michael Symon are all highly regarded chefs with their own restaurants, and Masaharu Morimoto is, of course, one of the original chefs from the Japanese program.

Fun?  That's a relative term, Michael.  I enjoy it more than the original, and der B is now hooked.  You might enjoy it as much, or not.  But you'll never know until you give it a try.

(BTW, Morimoto is the Iron Chef in tonight's show.  So it will be like reuniting with a familiar face!)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »

The store's remodel begins tomorrow.

Technically, most of the work will be done at night, allowing the dust to settle before the customers come in for the morning.

Will you be okay with the dust & chemicals?  I react differently to different chemicals.  Most often I have trouble breathing, often I get depressed.  My reactions usually happen within minutes.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »

Julie, good luck find the right computer & setting it up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »

I really enjoyed the TAR final.   I was hoping the number 2 team would be number 1, but since I liked all three I'm happy wiht the outcome.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »

I don't connect depression with dust, Jane - my chronic depression is just that, with little changes from outside influences, other than an occasional lack of sleep.

I'm much more concerned with how our customers react to the changes.  The store will be reworking three aisles at a time, so part of my job will be keeping track of where the displaced items on those aisles have been moved to, and directing the customers to those areas (particularly when I'm on self-scan duty - I'm a store directory even in normal times).

The other vital areas are going to be produce, the bakery, deli, and our fish market.  Protecting those foods from the dust will be tricky (although not my responsibility).

And, while all this is going on, we've a new store opening in Long Neck, maybe twenty minutes away.  This means we've got a whole new store of employees to be trained in time for the opening in April.  While most of that training will be taking place at our Millville store, some of the trainees will be at our store (and some of our staff will be moving to Long Neck!), and the job fairs will be held on Thursdays and Fridays for the next month or so.

All in all, this makes for a busy, exciting time for us.  And no sooner is this all finished, and we'll be back in the Summer season!

And you thought life in a resort town would be relaxed?  No way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »

Yes, TAR ended well.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »

I'd better get to the kitchen.  That chili isn't going to re-heat all on it's own.

singdaw

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2008, 06:28:47 PM »

***TECHNOLOGY VIBES***[/size]
to DR Julie!!! :)[/size]

What smart phone did you end up choosing?

Jane

« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »

SWW, I'm glad the work conditions won't be detrimental & might even be therapeutic for you.  Enjoy all the activity & challenges.  I'm sure knowing where items are located will be appreciated. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »

GET WELL VIBES TO DR ELMORE!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »

Vibes of every possible kind to dear elmore!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »

To dear elmore and you too dear TCB.  How are you today?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »

Hmm... It seems tonight has become Piña Colada night here at Chez Harlem.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »

ICA is very interesting tonight. Thanks for mentioning in DR Woody

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »

Hmm... It seems tonight has become Piña Colada night here at Chez Harlem.  ;)

Yes, I like pina coladas and getting caught in the snow storm....just doesn't have the same ring to it.   ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2008, 06:47:22 PM »

I'm thinking that a quesadilla sounds good, and I just happen to have all the ingredients...

Jane

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »

If I had know there would be snow on the ground, & not the beautiful sunshine we have been having, I would have hiked yesterday instead of repairing Sherlock's toys.  He did enjoy frolicking in the snow this morning.

It rained late today & the snow melted off the driveway.  Now we are likely to have snow on top of ice tomorrow.

Ben

« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »

If that $800 rebate does come through I know what I will do with it. I will get my data pulled off my old hard drive. We got a couple of estimates on the cost today and they average between $600 and $1000. The cheaper was at TekServe, an Apple store that does data restoration on all kinds of computers. When the system crashed I lost all my current BBC clips. There were about 6 (IIRC) that I had not yet backed up to disk. They are sitting on the hard drive unattainable. $600 is too much to spend just to get the clips but, as I said, if the $800 comes along I will consider it found money and go back to TekServe and take them up on their practically guaranteed offer. When we explained the situation she seemed to think that the material could be pulled off with little problem. The reason it costs so much is the labor involved.

Oh, well, since I'm posting on Sunday evening from home you can assume the computer is up and running. It seems to be fine. Anthony is watching the latest Jane Austen installment on Channel 13 and I'm about to go to bed, even though I don't have to work tomorrow.

Anthony has two auditions tomorrow so I will just sleep late, eat my oatmeal, wash my bowl and see what the day brings.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »

Yes, I like pina coladas and getting caught in the snow storm....just doesn't have the same ring to it.   ;)

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »

Audition vibes to Anthony!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up