Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...  (Read 79864 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:AND THE OSCAR GOES TO...
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »

Oscar indifference is rampant.  Even

George Clooney's Parents

won't be in attendance.

Well, if THEY'RE not going, I don't see why I should!
Oh! I'm not. Just as well.

singdaw

« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »

Why are most of E!'s "commentators" so inane?

It seems like they'll put anyone on the tube!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

Here are my pics...

Best Pic: No Country for Old Men
Best actor: DAniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Julie Christie
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Supporting Actress: Saoirse Ronan
Director: Coen brothers
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2008, 02:33:41 PM »

This snake-woman in the film I am watching has so far killed 3 people and danced in four musical numbers.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:33:59 PM by MBarnum »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2008, 02:33:53 PM »

Why are most of E!'s "commentators" so inane?

It seems like they'll put anyone on the tube!

I noted this weekend that the tV guide channel was having Lisa Rinna...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »

I will do my best to keep up but I am at owrk and I do have to get some work-related things done....

singdaw

« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »

This snake-woman in the film I am watching has so far killed 3 people and danced in four musical numbers.

And not necessarily in that order!

How many costume changes has she had so far?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »

I'm just curious why you wouldn't read anyone's spoiler posts in yellow.  Anyone who does it is only trying to be considerate. But it will be hard to discuss shows like LOST if nobody is reading the posts. :(

I get if a person doesn't want to post in yellow. But not to read others posts if that show interests you?

I believe posting a SPOILER warning is quite sufficient as a consideration of other people.  Taking extra measures because someone is unable to skip past such a post is not my idea of being considerate.  It's kowtowing to someone's lack of self-discipline/inability to be alert to the warnings.

It's quite one thing to post SPOILER warnings about shows that recently aired.  Ten weeks from now, I don't believe I should be under any PROHIBITION of any kind to discuss -- without warnings -- the completed season.  

And I don't have any interest in finding/using/reading an alternative "invisible" means of writing.

SPOILER has worked perfectly well for years.  One person's inability to heed that without reading the post calls for extra precautions on that person's part, not mine/ours.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:48:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:39 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I got an unexpected call from my friend, Jack, a couple of hours ago.  We worked together about five years ago, and besides a couple of e-mails since then, we haven't really talked to each other or seen each other...  He's in town for some business, and, luckily, he remembered that I keep my phone number in my e-mail signature, so, he gave me a call...  And about 30 minutes later we met up at Dinosaur BBQ for a very hearty late lunch.  And since it was not that busy today, we were able to linger a bit and catch up on things.  All in all, a very nice way to spend part of this afternoon. :)

He had to head back to his hotel to prepare for his presentation tomorrow, so he won't be joining in the Oscar Bash Festivities.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2008, 02:37:51 PM »

Feeling better, Ron?

I'm not without "fight"!    8)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »

~~~~~VIBES~FOR~DR KERRY~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »

Who?

DR Elmore - check your email!  Why are you yelling at me  ;)?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

I'm not without "fight"!

Well I, for one, am relieved.    :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

Do you have the flight number?  The flight status information is generally readily available online.

Just spoke to Ron.  Charlotte's on schedule.  I guess I should have asked for cell phone vibes as well!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:47:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »

I knew someone like that once.

This past week I had to deal with someone like that--well, not so much snakey, as just OBNOXIOUS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

my nephew is saddened today, a freind of his has passed away after battling AIDS for years. He was only 16. He acquired it from a transfusion.

Ginny

« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

My thoughts on the Bobby character in Company:  I think he has to be adorably charming (but not smarmy) in order for his aloofness to be so frustrating to the women in his life.

And, in that Doyle production, what were those 3 girlfriends doing in all the couple scenes, anyway?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »

I'm not without "fight"!    8)

Glad to hear it. What would our Ron be without his feistiness?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

He'd be feistless.

Not a pretty sight.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for the whole SPOILER warning "crap" - pardon my non-French...

I'm with DR Ron Pulliam - There's really no reason for any of us to be that careful when it comes to posting spoilers.  -Especially since the request would entail having no "open" discussions about lost until sometime later this year.  HHW is not the only site where spoilers could get posted/discovered/read accidentally.

And, frankly, if DR Michael Shayne had stayed around yesterday to respond to the responses to his "request", well, I might - and that's a very small "might" - have considered his request.  I understand that we all have varying schedules which may affect how often we check in and post here on HHW and elsewhere, but just to drop by, post an ultimatum of sorts, and then leave, well...

And, again, as many of us have already stated... It's just a TV program.  And, in fact, I find it foolish that we even have to discuss this.  There is nothing wrong with waiting for the DVDs to view the program, but there's also certainly nothing wrong with watching the show when it originally gets broadcast.

Heck, we might as well ask for spoiler warnings on Election Night since some of us work evenings.  NOT!
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »

And, in that Doyle production, what were those 3 girlfriends doing in all the couple scenes, anyway?

Playing obbligato?   ;)

Ginny

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

I have no information except that I just called Charlotte's phone and a young man answered and said that the phone had been lost.  This concerns me for two reasons:
  1.  I can't reach her parents
  2.  where is Charlotte?

This is most frustrating and I am a bit alarmed at the moment

DR Elmore - there will probably be good explanations for these anomalies.  Hope you hear something confirming soon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2008, 02:48:38 PM »

DR Elmore - there will probably be good explanations for these anomalies.  Hope you hear something confirming soon.

I redid my post you quoted.  She's hopefully on schedule.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »

He'd be feistless.

Not a pretty sight.

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »

I am getting hungry. Indeed, I AM hungry. I shall take a break for an early dinner--early for me, anyway--then be back for the festivities.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2008, 02:49:40 PM »

Glad to hear it. What would our Ron be without his feistiness?

Snark-less, that's for sure.

singdaw

« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2008, 02:49:47 PM »

If we only knew which airline Charlotte is flying on, we could probably determine her flight number.

Ginny

« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

I redid my post you quoted.  She's hopefully on schedule.  

Do you want me to delete my post with the quote in it?

Glad you've spoken to Ron.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2008, 02:50:31 PM »

DR Jennifer - As for the whole SPOILER warning "crap" - pardon my non-French...

I'm with DR Ron Pulliam - There's really no reason for any of us to be that careful when it comes to posting spoilers.  -Especially since the request would entail having no "open" discussions about lost until sometime later this year.  HHW is not the only site where spoilers could get posted/discovered/read accidentally.

And, frankly, if DR Michael Shayne had stayed around yesterday to respond to the responses to his "request", well, I might - and that's a very small "might" - have considered his request.  I understand that we all have varying schedules which may affect how often we check in and post here on HHW and elsewhere, but just to drop by, post an ultimatum of sorts, and then leave, well...

And, again, as many of us have already stated... It's just a TV program.  And, in fact, I find it foolish that we even have to discuss this.  There is nothing wrong with waiting for the DVDs to view the program, but there's also certainly nothing wrong with watching the show when it originally gets broadcast.

Heck, we might as well ask for spoiler warnings on Election Night since some of us work evenings.  NOT!

I feel this issue of Spoilers, since I'm often on the firing line, has been drummed to death.  TV programs are like fish and guests: after three days  it ain't new. And if you're still in the dark, tough.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Up