Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE  (Read 27136 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A WAIT AND SEE ATTITUDE
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2004, 02:32:58 PM »

I'll say it again: If there's a smarter or funnier website on all the Internet I haven't found it, and that's because of YOU, dear readers.  Yes, YOU, and also EWE.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2004, 02:39:17 PM »

INTO THE FOODS:  What really happened at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!

INTO THE FOODS???  I thought that was the musical version of AMERICAN PIE?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2004, 02:49:40 PM »

TCB - My DD just saw your photo as I was reading the posts and she thinks you look like Kenny Rogers.

Panni -- Thank your DD for me.  The non-blurry version of that photo is on the cover of our theater brochure this year.  Believe me, I much prefer the comparison to Mr. Rogers than the usual comparison to Captain Kangaroo.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2004, 03:00:14 PM »

I can verify that our dear TCB bears no resemblance to Captain Kangaroo in person.  If anything, I still think there's a bit of resemblance to my uncle... only 6 inches shorter, 6 inches thinner, and with hair! :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2004, 03:22:33 PM »

Five that they're doing at the shul:

Goys from Syracuse
Manny
What Makes Sammy Fun
Most Happy Bella
A New Chrain

Ben

« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2004, 03:44:57 PM »

The Elephant Ban

The tragic story of an Indian family who must choose whether to hide their beloved animal or get rid of it once an autocratic government institutes a ban on the creatures as household pets

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2004, 03:45:37 PM »

Yes, DRJED is the winner in the caption contest!

As I leave for rehearsal I will post an introduction that banjo impresario Eddie Peabody once received on television:

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, Eddie Playbody will pea for you..."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2004, 03:46:50 PM »

Tammy, Jose and I all went to Jerry's Deli last night after rehearsal.  Tammy had apple pie ala mode and I had something called an Italian Salad (salami, provolone, etc).  My salad was grotesquely bad and my tummy has been weird today - not terrible, just weird.  Poor Tammy, who said the apple pie tasted really odd and who stopped eating it after four bites, woke up at five, threw up, and has been nauseous all day and is now in pain, so that means she probably has food poisoning thanks to that disgusting restaurant.  She's getting some meds now and hopes she'll be okay enough to do some light rehearsing tonight.  Otherwise, I've told her to stay home and rest and we'll do her stuff tomorrow night.  I called Jerry's Deli and spoke to a manager who said she'd pass on my complaints to corporate.  Corporate called me within two minutes and was genuinely apologetic and is sending me gift certs - of course, I have no plans at all to go back there for quite some time to come and if I use said certs it won't be at the Studio City Jerry's.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2004, 03:48:56 PM »

I'll say it again: If there's a smarter or funnier website on all the Internet I haven't found it, and that's because of YOU, dear readers.  Yes, YOU, and also EWE.  

Baaaaa!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2004, 03:51:53 PM »

Oohh... Thanks for the food report, BK... I've basically been feeling good today, but I've been strangely fatigued... Hmmm...  -And I did have a few bites of Tammy's apple pie, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2004, 03:54:23 PM »

I've always had a fondness for the Jackie Trent/Tony Hatch musical bio of Shakespeare "The Bard".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2004, 03:56:25 PM »

Yes, DRJED is the winner in the caption contest!

Oh my, and me without a speech prepared!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2004, 03:59:47 PM »

Thank you everyone for all the smiles this morning - our breakfast was very merry.
 Wasn't there a famous film and infamous musical about detecting communists in the USA "The Red Shows".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2004, 04:14:08 PM »

"Miss Ullman is forty-four."

That is very amusing.   It reminds me of when Bernadette Peters' age kept going the wrong way - tres amusing.  I'm forty-nine myself.

No matter how you slice it, you're still older than moi!
I own't even BE forty-nine on my next birthday, though it is steadily approach - the birthday and the age?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2004, 04:19:01 PM »

Somebody else received a cd from the kindly Tomovoz today!  ME!
I'm listening to "The Wild One" himself, Austalia's very own Johnny O'Keefe.  Someone once told me that David Campbell was all wrong to portray O'Keefe onstage - they were right.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! Thank you, Tomovoz ![/move]
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2004, 04:19:44 PM »

Hunny Girl:  In which Winnie-the-Pooh meets his true love (played by Barbra Streisand)
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2004, 04:25:57 PM »

What?  Is there gonna be a pop quiz?

That is what Keith told me after we watched the first episode of GRID.  Did anyone see this show?  As each new character comes on the screen we are given their name and the group (this is a show about terrorist) they work for or who they are.  After about the tenth person in a very short time span Keith turned to me and said he would be quizzing me at the end of the show. ;D

Jane

« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2004, 04:29:04 PM »

Does it strike anyone else odd, that the majority of the discussion of Miss Hayes' footwear has been by the gentlemen at this site???

Yes, but not to be blunt I just referred to the fact I don't know what they are called. :)

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2004, 04:42:45 PM »

TCB can you post the non-blurry version?

Good health vibes to Bruce, Jose and Tammy!

Most of my errands today were part of a scavenger hunt I have been on for a care package for Craig.  Of all the strange things not to be able to find, I’m still missing wintergreen Certs.  I went to the gift shop at the Shakespeare Theater where I usually find them.  Alas not today, however, Tomovoz I did find loose leaf Assam tea from Taylors of Harrogate- http://www.bluemoontea.com/storefront/products/taylors/1659.htm    

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2004, 04:46:11 PM »

It didn't help that I had a yucky lunch at the Wine Bistro.  Blechhh.  The company was, however, stimulating - lots of good stories of Hank Moonjean's days at MGM working with the likes of Liz Taylor, Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Hartman, Marlon Brando, etc.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2004, 04:50:22 PM »

The Civic War

The story of two brothers who own competing Honda dealerships.  They're so competitive that they've made a bet to see who can sell more Civics over the course of a year.  Whoever sells the most by the end of the year gets the other's dealership! :o The losing employees become the car wash staff (with commensurate salary) for the winning dealership.  They're selling cars to keep their standard of living to which they've become accustomed!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2004, 04:56:59 PM »

The Tree Sisters a Russian dramadey about a family in a suburb outside of Moscow tending to their orchard, each trying to decide who will leaf first

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2004, 05:02:14 PM »

Hey, gang, still computer testing.  We'll see if this postfreezes

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2004, 05:03:21 PM »

The Gay Wife (the Anne Heche Story)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2004, 05:06:47 PM »

Did that post freeze?  I'm off to rehearsal in about fifteen minutes.  Still don't know if Tammy will be there or not, but I'm assuming not since I haven't heard a squeak

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2004, 05:10:42 PM »

And what about the Renovation Revues?

Gutting It Together
and
Our Welding - The Musical

Ben

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2004, 05:18:05 PM »

Looks like Little Shop is finally calling it quits. August 22nd will end the run.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87576.html

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2004, 05:21:21 PM »

Or the scatological musical?

New Feces of 1952
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 05:22:16 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Danise

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2004, 05:22:56 PM »

Evening all!  I’m doing better than I did yesterday at this time.  Hey, I’m awake and dressed and I didn’t fall asleep on the bus ride home—what else do you want?  

I didn’t have the chance to tell you about the reactions I received when I went in to work yesterday.  **chuckle**  There were some surprised people, I’ll tell you that.  Most thought the surgery had been canceled and were amazed when I told them that it had indeed occurred, right on schedule.  

It was nice to know I was missed.  My bosses first words were, “Thank GOD your back—I messed up the vacancy report big time and didn’t know how to fix it.”  Well, I can’t lie.  She DID mess up the vacancy report big time.  I have no clue how she did what she did and it took me most of the morning but I fixed it.  

Bosses.  You can’t leave’em alone for a moment.  Lord only knows what kind of trouble they’ll get into. If I had been gone for 2-6 weeks (worst case scenario) I wonder what would have happened?

I have no idea what a “Cold Stone Creamery” is.  Must be something you guys have out in the West.  

Jose, July has been a long month.  In more ways than one.   But I have to look at the bright side.  We had 3 paychecks this month.  That will happen once more before the year is up.  In December, I believe.  I don’t know about any of you but I could use a few more months with an extra pay.  

Ben, I want a CD too!

I laughed about all the neat new shows you guys came up with.  Wish I was that clever.  

See Jane, I told you your son was nice looking.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2004, 05:26:49 PM »

Okay, off to rehearsal.  I shall be back later to catch up on all the excellent postings.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up