Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FREAKS  (Read 15197 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:FREAKS
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2004, 04:58:43 PM »

I've tried to live my life not regretting anything - what's done is done. But the last post of DR Dennis Clancy makes me ashamed and embarrassed that I threw out 40 years of theater programs -- collected since I was a kid -- when I moved back to LA. I remember the moment when I said "*%#@ this!" and made the decision to toss them. I was exhausted and packing up a huge house by myself -- about to move into a much smaller place. I had lost patience and was working on pure adrenalin and nothing else. A bit of advice to all the DRs - don't make decisions at such a time. I threw out huge chunks of my past with those playbills. And I TRULY regret it.

Michael

« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2004, 05:07:48 PM »

PAGE 5 DANCE

« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 05:25:55 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2004, 05:07:56 PM »

I remember Tom’s post. :'(

MBarnum SAFE VIBES FOR YOUR FAMILY!

Quick toe healing vibes to Emily.

Danise

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2004, 05:08:36 PM »

Evening all.  I’m sorry I was E & T yesterday.  Today was a very important day for me and I had a lot to do last night.  The interviews were held for the lady who is retiring and I have been beside myself with worry about who they were going to pick to be her replacement.  

Whoever the person was going to be is someone I will be working closely with and it had me a tad worried.  I hardly slept last night.  The bed was totally torn apart with sheets and the other pillow thrown this way and that.  Even Bear woke me up and wanted outside.  I guess he wanted to get away from me.  For the first time, I lost my bit.  

When Bear woke me up and I let him out, I realized I didn’t have it and couldn’t remember if I had even had it in my mouth when I went to bed.  I had to go into the bathroom to see if it was in the cup, which it was not.  I finely found it in my bed.  

Anyway, back to the interview.  There was only one person on the list that I knew and liked.  I hoped against hope she would be the one chosen.  It all worked out, I’m happy to say because she was indeed the one they picked.  Whew!  You have no idea as to how I feel right now.  It’s like a big weight has been lifted off my back but right now I also feel so very, very tired.  I think I’ll sleep good tonight.

I didn’t know DR Dennis but I wish to offer his family and friends my most sincere condolences in their time of grief.  

PennyO, I also have my grave bought as well as my coffin.   Mom and I fought for years about it.  I’m of the opinion that if the pioneers buried their loved ones on the trail in the sure and certain hope that they would be together again in Heaven, then why would it make any difference that she and Dad were buried in Pittsburgh and I was here in Tampa  (or where ever I wind up)?  I couldn’t see paying the shipping charges to Pittsburgh.  Pittsburgh is NOT my home.  I’ve never lived there.   Since Dad is in the Military section, I couldn’t even be buried in that same section.  She kept it up until I finely said, “Fine, I’ll call and ask how close I could be and how much!”

To make a long story short, the sales guy said I couldn’t have timed it better because a pair of graves had be given up two days before I called and only 3 or 4 over from where Dad was buried and it turned out I could buy them even though I’m not a vet.  I gave up at that point and bowed to Fate.  

My only concern is that I am still not 100% sure what will happen to that 2nd grave.  I mean, if I never marry (and that is very likely) and I die, what happens to it?  Do I get a refund?  ???  

Let’s change the subject, huh?  Did anyone see this?  

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html  

I don’t want to be around when he wakes up.  Imagine the hangover he has!  

I still have a record player but I rarely use it.  I switched almost everything over to CDs.  I still have the LP’s.  Someplace.  

Glad to hear that Bogie is doing better.  More vibes to him and Mom, Jane.  [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

I heard from DR Elmore.  He is having a rough time of it right now.  More healing vibes to him!  Be well! [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [/move]

As for this:

Can anyone identify this photo?

Of course I can ID it.    It's even says what it is:  Globe.jpg   How simple was that?!   ;D  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2004, 05:11:07 PM »

Oh yes, I have a plot in the family cemetery at Sugar Creek....it is a beautiful location with an old brick & frame church.  All of my maternal relatives are buried there....and my head will rest among them.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2004, 05:18:48 PM »

COCO LP RELEASES

On the 1st issue the OVERTURE fades into the first song  (But That's the Way You Are)
On the 2nd issue there is a short pause between the Overture and the 1st song

On the 1st issue THE MONEY RINGS OUT LIKE FREEDOM has a long dance section.
On the 2nd issue the dance section has been cut

On the 1st issue the monologue before the song Gabrielle is silent.
On the 2nd issue the monologue is underscored with the music from Coco

On the 1st issue of Orbach's, Bloomingdales, Best and Sacks is missing a short dance segment.

On the 2nd the short dance segment has been restored, but the long segment on the first issue has been cut.

The way you can tell which version you have is look at the label on the LP. If the songs are listed like the following

1. But That's the Way You Are
2. The World Belongs To the Young
3. Let's Go Home

On the reissue the lable looks more like this

1. But That's the Way You Are
2. The World Belongs To the Young
               3. Let's Go Home
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2004, 05:47:57 PM »

Rest in Peace, dear departed Hainsie. Reminds me, my sister's temple had a sale on burial plots to raise money for the youth program - I guess churches hold bake sales... - anyway, I bought one next to grandma and grandpa, and my mom and dad's plots and sister and her hubby plot - such togetherness. We'll always have enough folks down under there for a picnic, if we want. Oy. Stangely comforting, however...

You want "togetherness"??  Follow this:  My sister's ex-parents-in-law bought four plots, two for them and two for their daughter, Valerie, and her husband.  My parents went to look at them and decided to buy two for themselves.  My sister (who used to be married to Valerie's brother) and her boyfriend Larry went and decided to buy FOUR!  One each for them, one for her daughter (my niece Hilary) and one for me (it actually was a Christmas present to me)!  Both sides of my niece's family (her parents divorced but not the grandparents...they stayed close friends) are all going to be buried together!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2004, 05:59:59 PM »

It's a sad day for us here in Rehoboth.  We had to take Kelsey, our nineteen-year-old daschund, to the vet and say goodbye.

Old age had taken it's toll on the feller.  His legs couldn't support him any more, and he was having trouble breathing.  His suffering was more psychological than physical, but the quality of his life was ebbing away, and there was no hope of recovery.  Der Brucer was with him at the end.

We also took Marty in to see the vet, just for a check-up.  Marty has a bum ticker, and we wanted the doc to familiarize himself with the problem before Marty really does have problems.  

Der Brucer is holding up fairly well; Kelsey was always more his dog than mine.  The bandage on der B's hand is from where a chihuahua bit him, while we were in the waiting room.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2004, 06:03:46 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about Kelsey, S. Woody and der Brucer. And I hope Marty is OK.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2004, 06:10:17 PM »

Kelsey had a great pair of dads, der Brucer and S. Woody.  

He had a great life, too, and I know he loved you more than anything.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2004, 06:16:26 PM »

Thank you Danise and GREAT NEWS!  Interesting news story on the beeracoholic.  :-\

Panni

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2004, 06:17:06 PM »

Sorry to hear about Kelsey, DB and SWW. Sounds like he had a great life, though.

Panni

« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2004, 06:17:36 PM »

Wonderful Page 5 dance, MS!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2004, 06:21:14 PM »

DerBrucer and SWW, condolences from our family to yours.  We know how much you are hurting.  It is now that you must remember he had a very good life with you.

Please watch your hand very carefully for an infection.  Dog bites can become very serious on the hand-I know from personal experience.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2004, 06:22:34 PM »

MS that is a great dance.  Earlier there was just a red x.  :)

Panni

« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2004, 06:25:34 PM »

All this talk of cemetery plots reminds me of an episode of KING OF KENSINGTON (a Canadian sitcom) I wrote years ago. It had to do with the mother of the leading character, a Jewish widow, who, after many years of widowhood, remarries a man who is also a widower. One day she is looking at the mail and sees a bill for him from the Shady Acres Cemetery. She asks about it and he explains that it's for the annual upkeep fee for the plots. "The plots??"
"Yes, mine and Rochelle's."
Well, it turns out that he and his first wife, Rochelle, had bought twin plots.
"And who'll lie next to me... If I die?" his present wife asks.
He says he always assumed that she also had a plot with her first mate.
"No, with us it was pay as you go," she tells him.
(I'm astonished that almost 30 years later I still remember the dialogue!)
Anyway, a huge argument ensues which almost breaks up the marriage.
I'm sure this isn't such a far-fetched scenario. It must happen fairly often with people who remarry late in life.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 06:43:09 PM by Panni »

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2004, 06:33:04 PM »

Der Brucer and SWW I am so very sorry to hear about Kelsey! How sad, and I know it must be a very difficult time for you guys right now.

Freddy and I are sending our best vibes your way! :'(

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2004, 06:33:53 PM »

DerBrucer and Woody, I'm sorry to hear about Kelsey.  I guess you both have been expecting this day was coming but it still can't be easy.    

And DerBrucer, I second Jane's concern about your hand.  If the skin was broken you really need to have it looked at.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2004, 06:33:57 PM »

My good friend Jean has been widowed twice. Her first husband was killed in a plane crash, and his remains are in a Toronto cemetery. Her second husband died about 25 years ago, and his ashes are in an urn in Jean's closet. Jean was wondering recently who she'll wind up next to - Don (#1) or George (#2). Someone in the group asked who treated her better. "No question," Jean answered. "George." And thus she made up her mind.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2004, 06:34:59 PM »

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time, Der Brucer and SWW.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »

DR Panni,

Your story reminds me of this one.

A gentleman is visiting his wife's grave, and from nearby he hears a man sobbing uncontrollably.

"Oh why did you die?" the man cries. "Why, why, why, why did you die?"

This goes on for some time, and finally the first man walks over to the mourner. "I'm so sorry for your loss, he says. "I've never heard such grief in my life. This person must have been very, very dear to you."

"Never met the guy in my life," the man responds.

"Really? Then who is buried here?"

"My wife's first husband," he answers.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2004, 07:03:06 PM »

Hi, Gunther,

How've you been?

Jane

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2004, 07:09:56 PM »

DIT ;D

Panni, according to Hillside Mortuary, not so uncommon.

My parents are not together.  My father couldn't handle buying two spots and my uncle didn't push it.  I wish I had been there!  I'm lucky something opened around the corner from my mother.

I think my ashes are going to Mt Ashland.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2004, 07:13:37 PM »

Today is Bette Davis Day on TCM, but I have either seen all of the ones they're showing or have them in my possession already. So, to honor Bette, I put on the laserdisc of THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, one of her films NOT being shown today on TCM.

Always have loved this film as uninspired as the direction is. Thoroughly enjoyed it all over again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2004, 07:13:45 PM »

Goodnight. Off to finish packing for Portland. :)  

Soon I will meet most of the NW Pacific gang.  

TCB I will miss you.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2004, 07:17:25 PM »

Sorry about the loss, guys. But I'm sure you can think back on years and years of beautiful memories and be sustained by them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2004, 07:18:03 PM »

Storm headed this way!

Tomorrow night I am seeing NUNSENSE!  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2004, 07:19:28 PM »

That's very sad news, Woody.  :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »

All this talk of cemetery plots reminds me of an episode of KING OF KENSINGTON (a Canadian sitcom) I wrote years ago. It had to do with the mother of the leading character, a Jewish widow, who, after many years of widowhood, remarries a man who is also a widower. One day she is looking at the mail and sees a bill for him from the Shady Acres Cemetery. She asks about it and he explains that it's for the annual upkeep fee for the plots. "The plots??"
"Yes, mine and Rochelle's."
Well, it turns out that he and his first wife, Rochelle, had bought twin plots.
"And who'll lie next to me... If I die?" his present wife asks.
He says he always assumed that she also had a plot with her first mate.
"No, with us it was pay as you go," she tells him.
(I'm astonished that almost 30 years later I still remember the dialogue!)
Anyway, a huge argument ensues which almost breaks up the marriage.
I'm sure this isn't such a far-fetched scenario. It must happen fairly often with people who remarry late in life.

My former supervisor Norma was originally from Pennsylvania.  Her family (she had two parents and a brother) moved to Washington when she was in high school.  They had four burial plots in Pittsburgh.  Her father died and her mother took his body back east to be buried.  When her brother died (in a logging accident...he was a logger), he was buried here in Washington.  Since then her mom has said that she does NOT want to be buried in Pennsylvania, she wants to be buried here next to her son!  Norma and her husband Gary have since gotten plots for themselves.  They have three unused plots in Pennsylvania!  But, it's real estate.  The value just goes up and up!

td

• td
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2004, 07:21:12 PM »

Minx and td send sympathetic vibes to Delaware in memory of Kelsey.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up