Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HAINES 57  (Read 33386 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:HAINES 57
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2004, 09:59:39 AM »

Do you have an address for those parents?  We should send them a jar of Peter Pan or Shedds, maybe a case.

How about trained pigeons dive bombing the school yard with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?

der always-thinking-ahead Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2004, 10:02:21 AM »

MBarnum, Canon Power Shot S410 Digital ELPH 4.0 Mega Pixels with a zoom lens 3x.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2004, 10:06:08 AM »

How about trained pigeons dive bombing the school yard with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?

der always-thinking-ahead Brucer

Or air-dropping millions of Reese's pieces into the school yard!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2004, 10:14:46 AM »

[move=up,scroll,8,transparent,100%]Happy, Happy Birthday, Bruce.[/move]  

If you come to Portland to promote Writer's Block, Betsy will bake you the most yummilicious homemade chocolate cake (not to be confused with the yummilicious chocolate zucchini cake she made for the HHW gettogether, though she could make that, too) you have ever tasted--guaranteed.  It is a combination of her family's secret from-scratch cake recipe combined with my late mother's secret from-scratch frosting recipe and it is not to be believed.

I didn't get any birthday cake-maybe I will have to invite myself to share.  :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2004, 10:14:53 AM »

Is there ANY nutritional value to peanut butter?  Any that isn't negated by saturated fats???

Not that this should have anything to do with the question at hand, but it's not like they're banning One-A-Day mulitple vitamins.

Actually, RLP, One-A-Day vitamins are alrady banned in schools; at least they are in Washington State schools.  No pills of any kind are allowed to be brought on to school grounds including aspirin, No-Doz, and vitamins.

The one story that amazed me today was the 11-year old who was kicked out of school for ten days because she brought Jell-O to school in the shape of Jell-O shooters -- even though these contained no alcohol.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2004, 10:23:30 AM »

My brother's birthday IS Christmas The poor kid never got a birthday party and always got jipped on the prezzies as one gift would have two cards, one for Christmas and one for his bd.

In my adult years I gave attempted to make uop for the past by getting  him more extravagent gifts than the rest of the folks get,  (DVD vs sweater for instance when a DVD was in the $100's for example)

I loved it.  Early birthday, birthday, late birthday, Chanukah and Christmas.  What wasn’t there to love!   ;D

Bryan’s birthday is the 23rd and he was never cheated out of gifts.  We made sure of that.  Often the last day of school was the 23rd so that was the day he would have his party.  There were a few years Chanukah and his birthday were on the same day.  I was the only one it was difficult on-it was a lot of work keeping all the holidays separate and special.

Vixmom I think it is sweet of you to make it up to your brother now.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Hap- Hap- Happy Birthday Wishes to Our Very Own Dear BK[/move][/color]
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2004, 10:25:56 AM »

MBarnum, Canon Power Shot S410 Digital ELPH 4.0 Mega Pixels with a zoom lens 3x.

I recently bought the Canon Power Shot A400 - which doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the above, I'm sure - but I've been pleased with it. And the price was reasonable.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

As TCB rumored and the AP reports:

Girl Suspended for Bringing Jell-O Shots to School
Tuesday, December 07, 2004

NEW ORLEANS  — An 8-year-old girl was suspended for nine days for bringing to school what appeared to be about 30 "Jell-O shots"  — though it was unclear whether they contained alcohol.

The incident occurred Nov. 29, as the girl stood after classes outside Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School

The gelatin was turned over to the sheriff's department for testing to see if it contained alcohol.

The girl was suspended for violating school rules against possessing or trying to distribute a "lookalike," or something that appears to contain drugs or alcohol.

Under the lookalike rule, the girl's suspension will stand no matter what the sheriff's department finds.

"The school system's position is, it doesn't matter if it had alcohol in it or not," Nowakowski said.

The mother must also allow school officials to test her daughter's hair for signs of drug use, Nowakowski said.

Lets see, if junior goes to school with a "lookalike" peanut butter sandwich, will his parents be jailed and the kids urine tested for asparagus consumption?

And, yes, Virginia, you can make "lookalike" peanut butter sandwiches:

SoyNut Butter:

Very much like peanut butter in texture and somewhat like peanut butter in taste, soynut butter is delicious in its own right.  It works perfectly in all recipes calling for peanut butter including the classic sandwich with jelly and of course Elvis' favorite sandwich with banana.  Soynut butter has less fat than peanut butter and perfect for those with nut allergies.  It has a high level of soy protein, since it is made from ground, roasted soybeans blended with soyoil, and seasonings such as salt. The final product has a nutty flavor akin to peanut butter and is made in both smooth and crunchy styles

der trouble-making Brucer

« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 10:32:57 AM by DERBRUCER »

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2004, 10:31:24 AM »

Vixmom and DerBrucer, thank you for the info on the Kodak Easy shot...sounds like a good one. I am going to want to be able to have the pictures printed out (after all I don't have enough boxes full of family photos that have never seen the inside of a picture album!LOL!) as well as for HHW posting purposes!

And Jane and Panni, I will take a look at your camera choices as well. Thanks so much, it is nice to have some user info to go by when I look for a camera.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2004, 10:33:06 AM »

That was cool.  I quoted JMK and duplicated the big birthday wish to Bruce.  I had no idea I was doing that.  Hmmm, which great birthday designs shall I go back and copy….

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2004, 10:33:53 AM »

Actually, RLP, One-A-Day vitamins are alrady banned in schools; at least they are in Washington State schools.  No pills of any kind are allowed to be brought on to school grounds including aspirin, No-Doz, and vitamins.

The one story that amazed me today was the 11-year old who was kicked out of school for ten days because she brought Jell-O to school in the shape of Jell-O shooters -- even though these contained no alcohol.

They used to give us One-A-Days when I was in elementary school  We took it with our milk!

Man!  Things are REALLY screwed up these days!!!

: )
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2004, 10:37:31 AM »

As TCB rumored and the AP reports:Lets see, if junior goes to school with a "lookalike" peanut butter sandwich, will his parents be jailed and the kids urine tested for asparagus consumption?

And, yes, Virginia, you can make "lookalike" peanut butter sandwiches:

SoyNut Butter:der trouble-making Brucer

Is Nutter Butter made with peanuts?

I wonder how they'd feel about Apple Butter sandwiches (I haven't had one of those in DECADES, and I'm thinking I'd like one sometime soon).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2004, 10:39:28 AM »

BK...BRUCE...

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY IS GOING WELL!

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2004, 10:41:43 AM »

My take on the peanut butter thing is that the school does not want to be responsible for this kid inadvertently eating someone's peaunt butter sandwich and croaking...and the parent's don't want to take the chance that some kid might feed a peanut butter sandwich to this kid just to see what might happen (which is not unlikely to happen)...so the solution is obvious. I don't know that it is the best solution (I am a peanut butter lover!!!), but when you have people who don't, or can't, take responsibility for themselves, and the school's (logical) fear of lawsuits, I guess they are left with little or not choice.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2004, 10:44:36 AM »

I am going to want to be able to have the pictures printed out (after all I don't have enough boxes full of family photos that have never seen the inside of a picture album!LOL!) as well as for HHW posting purposes!

If you get a Camera that stores the images on a removable photo card (which a great many do) then you can go to many retail outlets that now offer Digital Photo Kiosks - stick in your little Flash Card, many your print-out selections from the menu, and - Instant Photo Lab quality print-outs!

Don't underestimate your need for picture storage - the secret to good pictures is indiscriminate shooting and intelligent editing.

der expert-at-indiscrimate-things Brucer

Panni

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2004, 10:47:23 AM »

bb (birthday boy) UPDATE

bk has arrived safely back in Kalifornia. He is making his way back from the Beach of Long to the City of Studio.

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2004, 10:49:33 AM »

DR Jane, I forgot to answer your question yesterday regarding the vintage birthday card...it was not one that I own, but one I found on the internet.

I love greeting cards from the 30s, 40s, and 50s...and occasionally I will buy unused ones at estate sales for cheap and then use them for birthdays, wedding, and Christmas. The graphics are so much fun!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2004, 10:50:40 AM »

Is Nutter Butter made with peanuts?

It would seem so.

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2004, 10:50:56 AM »

Thanks DerBrucer, I would want one with that there removable photo card, I think!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2004, 10:52:10 AM »

My take on the peanut butter thing is that the school does not want to be responsible for this kid inadvertently eating someone's peaunt butter sandwich and croaking...and the parent's don't want to take the chance that some kid might feed a peanut butter sandwich to this kid just to see what might happen (which is not unlikely to happen)...so the solution is obvious...

Can we spell HOME SCHOOLING?

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2004, 10:55:14 AM »

LOST Report

Upcoming December Repeats:

After two new episodes on December 1st and 8th, Lost will go into reruns until January 5. ABC will air the first 6 episodes on December 15, 22 and 29 in the regular 8 p.m. slot and also 9 p.m.

Pilot (1) & Pilot (2) from 8 to 10 p.m. on the 15th

Tabula Rasa & Walkabout on the 22nd from 8 to 10p.m. on the 22nd

White Rabbit & House of the Rising Sun on the 29th from 8 to 10p.m.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2004, 11:07:50 AM »

Bruce welcome home and in plenty of time to enjoy your special day.

MBarnum sending old fashioned cards is a great idea.  I found it just as much fun online as if I had received the card in person.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2004, 11:09:55 AM »

I don't particularly care for sushi, in fact,  I loathe it.  I think in my honor all sushi places should be shuttered so I will not be sickened by the sight of watching people eat beautifully presented bait.

Let's ban Rap too while we're at it, I think perhaps my rights are being violated by being forced to hear sounds unpleasent to my ears...

Welcome, DR Vixmom, and congratulations on getting into the snarky stride of things here at HHW!  All within your first ten posts!  ;)

Also, bienvenue to DR Hisaka!

Jane

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2004, 11:10:14 AM »

Thanks DerBrucer, I would want one with that there removable photo card, I think!

I should have asked Keith befre he left, but I believe that is what ours has.  It looks simple when Keith does it.  

Panni does your's have a removable card?  

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2004, 11:16:16 AM »

Re: LOST

Yep, it seems like we get all reruns in December for many shows.  I do think it's a great idea for them to replay the first episodes.

And then on January 5th we also get the 2 hour premiere of ALIAS.  Yeah!

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2004, 11:30:20 AM »

All I keep thinking about now is cake.  Darn!  Coffee ice cream or peanut butter will just have to do.

I need to straighten this mess of a house ( my mess anyway since I can't do anything about the remodeling mess) before Keith has a nervous break down.  Sometimes I feel bad for him having to live with me.  

Panni

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2004, 11:32:36 AM »

Panni does your's have a removable card?  

Yes. I bought one that would hold more, so I have an extra card (the original)  -- but I haven't removed the card yet.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2004, 11:43:56 AM »

PS: Did you ever try to throw out an old toilet?
Have you ever tried to pick up an old toilet?  Much less give one the old heave-ho!

(Which reminds me, der B: One of these days we'll have to tell everyone the story of how we met... ::))
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2004, 11:50:46 AM »

Have you ever tried to pick up an old toilet?  Much less give one the old heave-ho!

(Which reminds me, der B: One of these days we'll have to tell everyone the story of how we met... ::))

Please don't tell me the Randy Vicar was involved.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up