Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAYS OF OUR POSTS  (Read 50750 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THE DAYS OF OUR POSTS
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2005, 12:10:18 PM »

has anyone else besides me thought the Trump wedding gown, touted as being mucho expensive, is godawful ugly?

I haven't seen said wedding gown, but in my opinion, most wedding gowns are tacky. Some are way too sexy.  Many just make the bride look fat. And pretty much, only young brides can wear a wedding gown and not look silly. Just my opinion.

How many weddings is this now for the groom?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2005, 12:11:13 PM »

I make my chicken pie with chicken breast meat sauteed in butter with sweet onions then popped into a pie crust (MUST have a bottom and top crust or you are being cheated!!!) with lots of lovely fresh mushrooms and a nice creamy gravy and some lovely little carrot fingerlings and some nice fresh peas

my precious...my preeeeeecious.....
Ah, now we get into the details.  How do you make your gravy?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2005, 12:11:51 PM »

Hi Mom! How's it going?

winding down nicely thank you...think the meds have kicked in ;)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2005, 12:15:07 PM »

Hi Mom! How's it going?

The clouds are bothering my head. How are your ears?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »

Sorry dear BK, I wouldn't be able to get into the city any weekday before about 7, and that's if I can even get a babysitter I don't suppose you could do a reading around midday on the 19th..then the whole HHW crew could go from lunch to your reading to dinner to PennyO to partay.....
...Or catch up with the crew at some point during the activities.  (Coming in from southern Delaware takes a little time.  This is assuming der B and I can make it in at all.   :-\  And we DO want to.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2005, 12:16:34 PM »

Ah, now we get into the details.  How do you make your gravy?

well this is the part where we separate the REAL chefs from , well , from me  ;D (you've no competition here !)

I.. I must admit, (well I don't really have to, but since we're among friends)

Campbells Creamy Chicken soup, a little gravy master and some white wine

By the bye next time you're roasting goose breasts and serving oatmeal and cherries I sure hope I'm in the neighborhood, or better yet, the kitchen ! ;D

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2005, 12:17:27 PM »

Squinky, thank you.

The teacher of the class I just got out of was using a projector, but she needed to adjust it because it was all blurry. My eyes are still almost crossed from trying to read it for an hour.  ::)
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2005, 12:18:39 PM »

87  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2005, 12:20:29 PM »

they would be better

if.......the.......voices.........would......just ........stop

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2005, 12:21:46 PM »

There's some kind of outdoor concert going on above the library (which is underground, for the most part). They chased away the old guy who usually sits out there with his tarot cards and Starbucks coffee.

I'm starting to get nasty looks from people who think I've been hogging this computer for too long. I'd better sign off before they give me a swirly.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2005, 12:25:16 PM »

Thank you one and all and all and one for the thoughts and vibes etc for Derek.  I shall speak to him in an hour or so and pass on your wishes. He is hoping that he can return to HHW on about Tuesday night (your time) to catch up with you all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2005, 12:25:42 PM »

Peter Cincotti is going to play here in Olympia tomorrow night.  It's the Washington Center for the Performing Arts' CenterFest.  I'm going to usher for it so I get to see him for free!  Is he any good?  I've never heard any recordings of his.

He has a beautiful voice...particularly considering he is so young (19 or 20 years old). I have one of his CDs...he sings a lot of standards and 60s easy listening type hits..at least on the CD that I have.

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2005, 12:26:03 PM »

28 posts until 90,000.. well I guess 27 now
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 12:28:45 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2005, 12:26:28 PM »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 12:27:58 PM by vixmom »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2005, 12:30:38 PM »

...Or catch up with the crew at some point during the activities.  (Coming in from southern Delaware takes a little time.  This is assuming der B and I can make it in at all.   :-\  And we DO want to.)

And I hope you can as well!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »

RE: Peter Cincotti - Great jazz pianist and not too bad a singer for someone so young.  His latest CD has a bit of "edge" to it, but it's a good listen.  My favorite track on it, however, is the final instrumental, the classic "Giant Steps".

-Oh, and he has a nice face too. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »

« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 12:45:26 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »

I haven't seen said wedding gown, but in my opinion, most wedding gowns are tacky. Some are way too sexy.  Many just make the bride look fat. And pretty much, only young brides can wear a wedding gown and not look silly. Just my opinion.

Melania is beyond beautiful.  So she would look great in anything.  I think the dress is beautiful (although quite impractical at 50lbs or whatever it is).

And I think it's donald trump's 3rd marriage (ivana and marla and now melania).

Here it is:

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2005, 12:42:11 PM »

I must say all this inauguration crap today is getting me down!  And while I'm ranting,  has anyone else besides me thought the Trump wedding gown, touted as being mucho expensive, is godawful ugly?
In that case, I won't bring up the business about how Dr. James C. Dobson is outing SpongeBob SquarePants.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2005, 12:49:14 PM »

Well, I think I'm going to go ahead and get out of the house shortly.  I think I'm going to indulge in some retail therapy, and get a head start on the trip in for tonight.  They just reopened some of the roads downtown, and the traffic reports don't sound bad at all.  I think I'll stop by Pentagon City and do some window-shopping and some shopping-shopping.  And, since Pentagon City is just across the bridge from Arena...

I guess I shall miss the big 90,000 mark, but I'm sure I'll sense the shift in the air when it happens.

;)

And, of course, I'll read all the posts when I get back from the show tonight.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2005, 12:49:39 PM »

In that case, I won't bring up the business about how Dr. James C. Dobson is outing SpongeBob SquarePants.

WASHINGTON (Jan. 20) - On the heels of electoral victories barring same-sex marriage, some influential conservative Christian groups are turning their attention to a new target: the cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants.

"Does anybody here know SpongeBob?" Dr. James C. Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, asked the guests Tuesday night at a black-tie dinner for members of Congress and political allies to celebrate the election results.

SpongeBob needed no introduction. In addition to his popularity among children, who watch his cartoon show, he has become a well-known camp figure among adult gay men, perhaps because he holds hands with his animated sidekick Patrick and likes to watch the imaginary television show "The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy."

Now, Dr. Dobson said, SpongeBob's creators had enlisted him in a "pro-homosexual video," in which he appeared alongside children's television colleagues like Barney and Jimmy Neutron, among many others. The makers of the video, he said, planned to mail it to thousands of elementary schools to promote a "tolerance pledge" that includes tolerance for differences of "sexual identity."

The video's creator, Nile Rodgers, who wrote the disco hit "We Are Family," said Mr. Dobson's objection stemmed from a misunderstanding. Mr. Rodgers said he founded the We Are Family Foundation after the Sept. 11 attacks to create a music video to teach children about multiculturalism. The video has appeared on television networks, and nothing in it or its accompanying materials refers to sexual identity. The pledge, borrowed from the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not mentioned on the video and is available only on the group's Web site.

Mr. Rodgers suggested that Dr. Dobson and the American Family Association, the conservative Christian group that first sounded the alarm, might have been confused because of an unrelated Web site belonging to another group called "We Are Family," which supports gay youth.

"The fact that some people may be upset with each other peoples' lifestyles, that is O.K.," Mr. Rodgers said. "We are just talking about respect."

Mark Barondess, the foundation's lawyer, said the critics "need medication."

On Wednesday however, Paul Batura, assistant to Mr. Dobson at Focus on the Family, said the group stood by its accusation.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organization is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids," he said. "It is a classic bait and switch."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2005, 12:49:46 PM »

First Ernie and Bert!  Then the Teletubbies!  Now SpongeBob!  Who's next?  Big Bird?  Has anyone noticed how gay THE WIZARD OF OZ is?  The Tin Man seems awfully suspect to me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »

PRIVATES ON PARADE, a British "USO" troupe during the Second World War travels about entertaining British troops in remote areas. As they travel, we get the lowdown on all the major members of the troupe, their backstories and what happens as a result of their experiences. It is hilarious, tuneful, and deeply moving. Based on a British play that also starred the marvelous Denis Quilley.

I didn't get to it this afternoon. Was over fine tuning my friend's new DLP HDTV (didn't finish; we're finishing tomorrow night in time to see ENTERPRISE in high def), so I'll watch it tonight before JOEY comes on.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2005, 12:55:24 PM »

Also in the mail today was the video of NUNCRACKERS so I can see how our show actually looked. If I see anything worth looking at, I'll do some screen grabs and post them, probably tomorrow or Saturday.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2005, 12:59:39 PM »

I love the series LOST, but I was slightly underwhelmed with last night's episode. I thought it was interesting and involving, but in comparison with the other backstories and current events on the island, I found this one not quite up to some of the others. Still fantastic.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2005, 01:01:20 PM »

I'm no ALW fan, and ASPECTS OF LOVE is one of my least favorites of his works. However, I must admit I haven't heard THE BEAUTIFUL GAME, THE WOMAN IN WHITE, or WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND.

vixmom

« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2005, 01:03:36 PM »

They aren't the only protesters today.  Click on the blue print to find out who else is involved.

"Librarians Against Bush
Gimmick: These politically active librarians are concerned about the Bush administration's policies and their effects on civil liberties, privacy, and intellectual freedom. The protest will include a timed loosening of hair buns and a collective "shhhhhh-ing" of the President as the motorcade passes.
What to look for: Cat-eye glasses perched on long, thin noses, combined with a slightly musty, archival smell. Dress, more than likely, will be modest"

Any HHW's included in this?  Inquiring minds want to know!!
 ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 01:10:05 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2005, 01:07:55 PM »

The Tin Man seems awfully suspect to me.

Really?  And here I thought it was the Cowardly Lion, all that long hair ...and I do believe he was sporting ribbons and curls in the Emerald City!!!

vixmom

« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2005, 01:13:50 PM »

.  I think I'm going to indulge in some retail therapy, and get a head start on the trip in for tonight.  They just reopened some of the roads downtown, and the traffic reports don't sound bad at all.  I think I'll stop by Pentagon City and do some window-shopping and some shopping-shopping.

Obviously Jose did not join this protest

"NOT ONE DAMN DIME
Gimmick: Participants plan to register their displeasure with President Bush and the war in Iraq by refusing to spend "one damn dime" today. From necessities like lattes, to impulse buys, these protestors and their money will not be parted.
What to look for: A complete collapse of the retail economy—or some guy at Whole Foods, holding up the line while he explains why he's not buying anything."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up