Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT  (Read 21060 times)

Emily

Re:MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2003, 04:43:18 PM »

Swishy that's what I like about the Subway diet...

It's not about exercise, it's about eating sandwiches.  Could life get better than that?

(for the record, Jared lost the first 80 pounds of his eventual 170 doing little to no exercise a day and ONLY eating Subway) :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2003, 04:43:22 PM »

I like the idea of making Emily responsible for everything, including the war in Iraq and world hunger.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Emily

« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2003, 04:44:23 PM »

TCB... I'm Roman Catholic.  In some way, I already feel guilty over the war in Iraq, world hunger and not going to Church.  :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2003, 04:45:55 PM »

Must... hold... back...

There's another half litre of egg nog in the fridge.  It is singing such a beautiful song:

"Driiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkk mmmmmmeeeeeeee.... Drriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnkkkkk mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee"

What's another 37 grams of fat after the first ones? ;)

Danise

« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »

My 2 cents, if I may?  I know that I am still a relative “newbie” despite my full member status.

I have been though this kind of thing before.  I’ve said things on boards, thinking myself funny only to have them blow up in my face in a totally different way then I intended.  I’m equally guilty of taking offense where none was meant and lashing out, sometimes very cruelly, or being deeply hurt to the point of tears, myself.

It was only after a long, long talk with an internet buddy I came to point where I made a real effort to step back and tone down a bit.  I’ll be the first to say it doesn’t always work.  I still make mistakes but on the plus side, I think I’ve also mended some fences.  

What is said between you, BK and Mark is your own business but I have to think that at some time, you both had, at the very least, an understanding/friendship/mutual respect for one another.  If any part that is important to you or him, I strongly urge both of you  to reach out and talk about this, quietly and in private.  Don’t let either one of you be to big to say “I was wrong” or “I’m sorry”.  

Ok, I’m off the soap box.

And now I have a few bones to pick myself with Mr Craig.

A.)
A few quick things as I am about to sit down and give someone a quick photoshop lesson.

You never offered ME a quick or a long photoshop lesson and I've repeated that I was getting the program many times here on the board.  Hump!

B.)
And perhaps the past will stay in the past and a new future will emerge where everyone is on the same page (#163)

EVERYONE knows that's the old book.  We're now on page 168.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

Danise:  You make me smile.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2003, 04:57:02 PM »

Emily, I'm glad SOMEONE knew I was kidding, or at least attempting to be humorous.   There are times I think I've gone totally insane - wait, I HAVE gone totally insane.  

Just got off the phone with dear reader Craig - and I won't make any decisions  for a bit.  I will try to get everything to work out or at least that will be my goal - one way or another.  

François

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2003, 05:00:08 PM »

Dear Reader Danise,

I can only second what Dear Reader TCB just said about you!

Danise

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2003, 05:00:34 PM »

TCB: Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it don't.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2003, 05:09:34 PM »

You too, François.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2003, 05:24:26 PM »

I threatened to make pasta and so I'm making pasta - simple, with butter and cheese.  In the meantime, I just found this wonderful photo which I had to share with you.  It was taken at Joe Allen after the Night of the Hunter session.  On the right are the late and missed Miss Dorothy Loudon and Claibe Richardson.  Standing on the left are Stephen Cole and Todd Ellison.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2003, 05:25:44 PM »

Oops (spoo spelled backwards), I was in quick-reply mode.  Here's the photo:

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2003, 05:28:03 PM »

What had you all been drinking to make you so blurry BK? Diet coke can surely not do that. Or is what I have been drinking today?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2003, 05:28:09 PM »

BK,

Are you trying to say that if some people had not been on a certain side they might still be with us?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2003, 05:31:03 PM »

Sorry for the blurry - it's actually a very good photo, but I don't have a scanner so I have to photograph the photo and then upload it.  Isn't that technical?

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2003, 05:37:55 PM »

If I squint the photo comes into focus. Maybe I should try that method with life in general.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2003, 05:40:13 PM »

Dear Reader Tom from Oz,

I like life better in colonel or in lieutenant, but... to each his own!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 06:08:55 PM by François »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2003, 05:42:45 PM »

Dear Reader Tom from Oz,

I like life better in colonel or in lieutenant, but... to each is own!!

....with or without, his privates? (oh a Sondheim reference)
“One thing’s universal,

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2003, 05:43:35 PM »

DR MattH is speaking for himself.  If JRand doesn't turn around and start appreciating Maureen Lippman's performance as Aunt Eller, I'm going to boo him every 72 hours until his karma ain't an integer!   :o

What did I start?  It's all my fault.  JRand, you're welcome to denigrate Maureen Lippman until the cattle are no longer standing like statues.

If this here site shuts down, no one will ever discover the answer to the Who did Larry Hart collaborate with after Richard Rodgers? question.

I can't hear Riding on the Moon on the radio show either.

I'm not overtly taking any sides, except to say that from now until this damn thing is revolved, I will not be sitting on any Barkalounger chairs!

In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Danise

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2003, 05:49:03 PM »

I don’t know what your all upset about anyway, if anyone on this board has any reason to be upset at this point in time, it’s me, me, me.

I must regale you all with my own tale of woe.  

In an effort to stay away from the stores today, I decided it might be a good idea to go have my hair trimmed today.  Trimmed, I say and trimmed is what I said to the beautician.  

Well, I walked in with hair down to my elbow–look at my picture to the left and walked out with hair to my shoulders!  I was sheared like a sheep!    Now if that isn’t just cause for being upset, I don’t know what is.  I’ve thrown a hissy fit, I’ve cried, I’ve almost passed out when I first saw it.  I’ve been ROBBED!   And it’s all you people who said, “Stay out the malls today fault!”  If I had been   shopping like God intended, my beautiful hair would have been safe from the depraved and evil clutches of THAT “professional hair care person!!”

Next year I will rise at the crack of dawn and go shopping like I should!!!  You see what happens when you try to upset the natural  order of the universe??  I pay with my hair!

D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 05:50:15 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2003, 05:57:07 PM »

Michael---
Is Debbie playing Roxie or Velma?  Also will Brent still be in the show when Debbie joins it?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

François

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2003, 05:58:13 PM »

I KNOW what that Chorus in Blue is chanting!

"Oh Lord, Don't Let HHW Close Its Portals!
Oh Lord, Don't!" :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 06:07:22 PM by François »

François

« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2003, 05:59:17 PM »

IMHO, -- I know, no one asked me! -- Debbie should be Velma!

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2003, 05:59:19 PM »

Now there is post with priorities. Thank you Danise. At least you were not at Sweeney Todd's - or were you? Thank you for the smile - even though it is at your expense. Think of the challenge now facing you in light of your new look. Guess you can change your name to Sean for a while.
Noel: I thought the question was only for Jennifer. I suspect people are only thinking about musical collaborations - there are other possibilities.

Re Maureen Lipton. I still have not managed to watch "Oklahoma" (after two years of having it here on the shelf  - I tried - but in the DVD I mentioned in post #2, I thought her personality shone through. Her description of Mr Jackman's effect on the cast of "Oklahoma"when he first undid his shirt was a classic. (Not a dry anything in the house!).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 06:00:53 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2003, 06:04:46 PM »

Oh my gosh, I leave for 5 hours and come back to this!

I emailed Bruce privately about what I think.

Do I think Mark's email should be printed here? No.

But the problem is we have no facts. Of course I don't want the site to be shut down.  Yet I have no idea why it would be.

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2003, 06:11:51 PM »

You, Jennifer, will have to provide your name or answer the following question: What's the last name of the only composer Larry Hart collaborated with after Richard Rodgers?   :-X

Yes, the trivia question was originally posed to Jennifer, who, I felt, had the best shot of answering it.  But now, anybody can give it a shot.

Danise

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2003, 06:19:34 PM »

I hear the brown bag over head look is popular in some areas.
 :'(
D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 06:20:10 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2003, 06:22:36 PM »

Even though I'm on shore leave or retirement or something, I've read some of today's post and have to unretire for a minute to say that what I first found appealing about this site when BK told me about it and I checked it out was that it was so "nice" and relaxed and bright. It would be a shame to spoil things because of hurt feelings, misunderstandings, etc.. I know that this place is a second home for many and it would be terrible to lock the door and leave them homeless. That said, back to retirement and the Motion Picture Home for Non-posting Writers.

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2003, 06:23:27 PM »

If these be the final moments of HHW, I'd better show some of the bachelor party while I still can...

Jennifer

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2003, 06:27:13 PM »

The question was: What's the last name of the only composer Larry Hart collaborated with after Richard Rodgers?  

Yes, the trivia question was originally posed to Jennifer, who, I felt, had the best shot of answering it.  But now, anybody can give it a shot.

Why would I have the best shot of answering it? Was the person Canadian?

Give us a hint.

From what I read online, it said that Rodgers asked Hart to do Oklahoma, but he declined (so Hammerstein stepped in). Then it said Hart died. It didn't say anything about Hart doing another show.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up