Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NUCLEAR MELTDOWN  (Read 16819 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
NUCLEAR MELTDOWN
« on: May 06, 2006, 12:35:48 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were nuclear, and now it is time for you to post until the nuclear cows come home.  They're having a nuclear moodown.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 04:02:36 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NUCLEAR MELTDOWN
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:36:35 AM »

And the word of the day is: CESSPOOL!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 12:46:43 AM »

Rather than wander through the cesspool regions of my mind, I shall endeavour to address the topic of the day in a sensible manner.  Perhaps!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:00:58 AM »

And my first suggestion would be a biography of Tommy "Snuff" Garrett.

Mr Garrett produced very successful recordings for Gene McDaniels, Vicki Lawrence, Bobby Vee, Gary Lewis, Eddie Cochrane, Johnny Burnette, Brian Hyland, Walter Brennan  and Cher.

His "Fifty Guiitars" recordings were also successful in the early years of "Stereophonic" discs.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 01:23:39 AM »

I also know part of the story of another interesting man who was involved in many non professional theatre productions in a number of cities in two countries.  He was involved with the initial production of musical works and for a time with puppet theatre.

He had a great love of theatre and cinema and had a joy in living despite major family traumas and amazing battles with health issues throughout his all too short life.  His legacy is in the effects his life has had on those with whom he came into contact during his working, theatrical and private life.  A remarkable and unselfish life.

Yes - OzDerek.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 02:31:52 AM »

Good morning DR Ben.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »

Good morning Tom. I'm up very early and don't know why. It's 5:30 on Saturday morning.

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 02:37:01 AM »

7.30 Saturday night here.  We are about to watch the DVD of "The Producers" - interesting for us as we saw the production in NY in its first few weeks.

Thus:  Goodnight DR Ben.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 04:00:43 AM »

Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle and Jasmine all decided it was time to learn how to type and take shorthand.  They then teamed together and became the Disney Secretarial PrinCESS POOL.  Unfortunately, they all stank.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 04:09:49 AM »

A biography has been written about lyricist Dorothy Fields, but it's featherweight.  Given all the big names she teamed with (Jerome Kern and Cy Coleman, to name just two), and the scope of her career, I'm certain something better could be written.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 04:23:11 AM »

It's not a "youa cake," my loving der B, it's a Yuwa cake.  

The Yuwa are a small tribe in northeastern New Mexico, mostly sheepherders.  The Yuwa cake is made from corn meal, without levening, so it more accurately should be called a Yuwa flatbread.  And since it is fried in rendered sheep fat, rather than baked in an oven, the phrase "I could bake Yuwa cake" is totally inaccurate.

With over three hundred cookbooks in our house, I'd think you'd know this sort of thing.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 04:25:20 AM »

Dear BK, please don't do anything while you are angry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 05:01:13 AM »

Oh, nuclear meltdown.  

That's unfortunate.  But with Mercury in Taurus, how could it be avoided.  Good advice from DR TOMovOZ, MR BK.  At least a hesitation until after tomorrow when the new moon will still be bright, but not so active on our emotional tides.

But you know best....I think you have given us hints in the notes and messages....  

Hmmmm....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 05:03:09 AM »

Well to get out of that cesspool....and into one of my own:

THE PAJAMA GAME revival cast CD is coming out on Tuesday.  I have ordered mine (it is some kind of 2 disk Harry Connick thing, or so says Amazon.com) - I am very excited to get my paws on it!

Cos we clunk clunk Steam Heat.  We clunk clunk Steam Heat.  We got cluck clunk Steam Heat....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 05:06:03 AM »

Well this is our Once A Year Day....

I would of course like to do a biography of Miss Allison Hayes - using information that I have that there was not room for in my two-part Internet bio of her.

I know that DR JMK would like to do a definitive bio on Ms Frances Farmer correcting some impressions about her that are widely held, but WRONG.

Perhaps we will also get a bio of Mr B.I.G. - producer of ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE and BEGINNING OF THE END, etc., etc. etc.  DR MBARNUM can do that one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 05:06:55 AM »

DRs ELMORE, GINNY, CILLA LIZ, and PENNYO are all out of their home environments....and wasn't DR BEN traveling as well?

All I get to do is go to work!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 05:15:51 AM »

Are the Pogues headed for the Kentucky Derby today?  Or are they having a par-tay?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 05:49:33 AM »

Off to work...and I don't mean writing my biography of AH.

Danise

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 06:49:50 AM »

Morning all!  

Good wishes for all who are not in their home environment right now.

Today will be an “easy” day.  I’ve already got the first load of clothes in the washer then I have to go out and turn the water off to the house (after the washer is done washing) and install a new handle/stem for the bathtub.  Then the usual grocery shopping.

Since Brandi passed away there isn’t so much dog food to buy.  Bear still is hardly eating.  You can see that he is losing weight. I keep wresting with the thought of getting him another buddy.  I may have to make another stop by the pound.

VixMom, I hope the Vixter picked out some things she really wanted for her Birthday with the gift cards she received.

When I was kid, my parents would offer me either money or they would buy me something.  I always took the money so I could get what I wanted.  But I fully admit I spoiled rotten.  Lord knows if I ever said, “I want that.”  I got it.  

Yes, Jane.  I do remember that Tshirt!  

You know what else is cool?   That fishbowl that David Blaine is in.  It’s where DR Elmore and I went to see Michael Ball in “Patience”.   I have to say that it’s wonderful to look at place on TV and think, “I’ve been there!”  Travel does that for a person, I guess.  

I got to watch “The Adventures of Errol Flynn” last night.  Very interesting and I guess that fits the TOD since I think I would write about him.  It hurts to know if he had taken better care of himself we could have still had him with us.

Dear BK whatever the problem is with you and your friend, don’t act in haste.  Please ask yourself if what ever it is in the here and now worth losing a friendship that lasted for years and would be there in the future.    
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 07:36:27 AM »

BK, remember the man who was troubled about a dilemma...until he met a man who was troubled about a trilemma.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 07:37:55 AM »

Tomovoz, you should do an Ozderek bio, or even an essay. Just the part of the man's story you know sounds very fascinating.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 07:38:17 AM »

Me, I'd like to do a George Segal bio. Or Barbara Harris.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 07:54:20 AM »

I also know part of the story of another interesting man who was involved in many non professional theatre productions in a number of cities in two countries.  He was involved with the initial production of musical works and for a time with puppet theatre.

He had a great love of theatre and cinema and had a joy in living despite major family traumas and amazing battles with health issues throughout his all too short life.  His legacy is in the effects his life has had on those with whom he came into contact during his working, theatrical and private life.  A remarkable and unselfish life.

Yes - OzDerek.

I was just thinking about him this morning.  I miss him and I only knew him through his posts.  I can only imagine the loss you who had the joy of having him share your lives must still feel.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 07:57:25 AM »

I think we had this question once before and I said my grandfather,  That still stands.  Gott a run, appointments call! LATERS!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 08:03:45 AM »

Actually finished the big project and the client will have it in their hands on Monday morning, FedEx willing, so my weekend is officially tax-work-free.  I'm hoping they look it over on Monday or by early Tuesday, so that I can make any changes (hopefully there will be none).  If they have changes while I'm away after Tuesday, I'd have to talk someone through making the changes, and that wouldn't be pretty.  But I figure we told the client I'd be out of town starting Wednesday, so they're on notice.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 08:03:49 AM »

Good morning!

Absolutely borgeous day here. I have my office window open, and a cool breeze is blowing. It's great to be alive.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 08:05:51 AM »

I think three time Oscar winner, producer. composer, and lyricist Roger Edens deserves an in-depth biography. Alas, the man who could probably have written it best, Leonard Gershe, is also gone from among us.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 08:08:22 AM »

Looking forward to some DVDs myself today: SWEET BIRD OF YOUTH will definitely be first. And I want to get to THREE LITTLE WORDS at some point this weekend.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 08:34:28 AM »

And I want to get to THREE LITTLE WORDS at some point this weekend.

And they are: HOUSE CLEAN NOW!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006, 08:34:30 AM »

Good morning, all!  I am all caught up, totally informed, and ready to face what could be a lovely Ohio day.  My father has lost 20 lbs and looks fantastic!  Unfortunately, it's not a diet I'd recommend to my worse enemy.

On the health front, he's positive about this first chemo treatment coming up around May 17, and his spirits are good.  This evening is the wedding anniversary of one of my brothers, and my father is taking the entire Moore clan to dinner.  

My nephew Matt bought a total stark-raving redneck truck yesterday, so we spent the morning checking it out:  very shiny and quite noisy.  Matt's quite enamoured of it, and I believe it gives his stepbrother Cory's truck a run for its money.  

My sister-in-law Jo Ann, whose anniversary is today, had a fantastic meal of barbecued shrimp, spare ribs and salad waiting for us last night, so I'm quite content at the moment.

TOD:  I have to give some thought to that one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up