Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ME DAY  (Read 20318 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE ME DAY
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2003, 05:54:29 PM »

TCB - did you watch your tape?

DR MG and KERRY did you watch the rest of the shows on your tape?

Favorite BK produced track.....IF I had to choose just one, it would be "New Words" on the UNSUNG BROADWAY cd.  But since I don't have to choose, I won't.

I like FROM THE TERRACE because Joanne Woodward looks so silly trying to be glamorous and Myrna Loy is very good.   And actually they met they were doing PICNIC on Broadway and Joanne was understudying Madge and Paul was playing Alan, the boy next door.  

BK should be home any minute....hope Patty is waiting for you!

STILL STANDING gets this season's SUDDENLY SUSAN/CAROLINE IN THE CITY award as the worst acted and written show on TV....not the the competition wasn't fierce!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2003, 06:04:49 PM »

Patty is STILL not here which means even if she arrives tomorrow I won't be able to get her until Wednesday morning.

I will have complete meal details later this evening, by which time I hope we have scads more posts.

Did I see the offending guestbook thing?  If not, Michael Shayne please e it to me - I might be able to shed some light on who did it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2003, 06:14:34 PM »

Well Michael Shayne - I will tell you it's the same guy we used to call to the Beef Barn at the County Fair.

Emily

« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2003, 06:28:48 PM »

Okay screw it.

I am going to try the WICKED lottery and if I don't get the tickets it proves that I was not meant to see the show this time.

Pray for me people.  :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2003, 06:34:23 PM »

Fingers crossed for DR EMILY> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Laura II

« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2003, 06:55:51 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BK!!![/move]

I first heard about you after reading Juliana's Journal. Sarah emailed you, and she told me how cool you are, so I started lurking, and one day I finally posted. :)

Hope the audition went well, Matt H!

I'll be praying, Em! :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 06:57:05 PM by Laura II »
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Michael

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2003, 08:02:49 PM »

Sorry Bruce. I deleted the entry from the guestbook.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2003, 08:23:18 PM »

Back from the long auditions, and I did as well as I could. It;'s in someone else's hands. I truly didn't see but one other person who would have been right for Sipos, and I've worked with him before, and his singing is very erratic in pitch. However, the director may have liked his look more than mine. Time will tell. We were told offers will be made by Thursday.

I came home, sat down, and had a glass of wine and listened to Jim Brickman's Christmas album. Very soothing after a tension-filled audition. Why is it that one can perform in front of hundreds or thousands of people and not blink an eye, but the audition process gives you goosbumps and butterflies and a queasy stomach? Also, you'd think after doing this for 45 years, one would get over nerves before an audition. For some reason, I've never been able to be totally calm before one, even when I've been auditioning for friends. [sigh]

Anyway, thanks to all for the good thoughts. It's great knowing there are people out there rooting for you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 08:25:26 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2003, 08:26:46 PM »

OK, this is a first. I'm the only one perusing the board. Weird!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Andrea

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2003, 08:31:47 PM »

BF BK

(Bonne Fete BK)

Kerry

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2003, 09:14:46 PM »

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/color]
I like boat races.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2003, 09:17:27 PM »

Good evening. I hope you had a nice birthday, BK. We are waiting for a cake report.

One of these days, Kerry and MusicGuy and Sandra and I will have to get together for cake.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2003, 09:19:49 PM »

Let me get this straight - my birthday is the lowest posting day we've ever had?  Skammen.  Let's get a rally goin' on, shall we?  I don't see why I should share cake info until there's a few more posts.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2003, 09:21:55 PM »

DR Jrand --    Well, you are now certifiably loony, and great !!  The dubs of the old TV shows had a very unmistakable "Eales" stamp on them.

Where else, on the entire internet, could we be treated to an episode of My Little Margie that would also have a near-naked and youn Ed Fury in a guest role.

And then Bachelor Father, with none other than La Hayes as a guest star.

Many thanks for going to al the trouble to make up that wonderful collection for us.  

8)

MusicGuy

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2003, 09:24:09 PM »

DR TCB --   Congratulations on your recent celestial elevation.......my, what rarified and saintly circles you will now move in.

As for more earthly matters,  a package went into the mail yesterday for you, so it should be there in a few days.

MusicGuy

« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2003, 09:27:14 PM »

Dear esteemed BK  --  Are you back from your whirlwind round of Ciro's, the Moulin Rouge, 77 Sunset Strip, and Chasen's??  ::)

Kerry and I send you a big birthday hug, and hope that you have had a day of noshing, and cake, and laughter, and legs.

Mazel Tov !

MusicGuy

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2003, 09:30:23 PM »

DR Laura --

I agree......it is a lot easier for my schedule than for Kerry's.  His hours have gotten a little longer during the Christmas season.

I have to go play an engagement this coming weekend, but then starting next week I am here for quite a while.

Tell Sandra that I didn't know that it was legal to mail floop across state lines.

MusicGuy

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2003, 09:31:30 PM »

I'm off to beddy bye......take care of the Living Room BK, and don't stay up all night dancing!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2003, 09:48:52 PM »

No way, BK!  IS this the lowest posting day????

Everyone must be out and about celebrating your special day!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2003, 10:05:03 PM »

From the Harrods Book of cakes and in honour of BK day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2003, 10:07:44 PM »

Well, we at least beat the lowest day and hopefully the partay will continue.  I had dinner at a local restaurant called Mezzo Mondo.  I had carbonara, and then I had my beloved Parisienne Cake with the unnecessary but yummiliscious addition of whipped cream on the side.  It was a lovely way to spend an evening.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2003, 10:39:38 PM »

I’m taping BattleStar: Galactica tonight and tomorrow  I’ll have to wait until Saturday to see it but I can’t wait!
Good idea, DR Danise.  That way, you'll be able to fast forward through the boring parts.  They are numerous, so be prepared for a tired fast-forwarding finger.
I meant to say yesterday that I liked Sarah Jane from the Dr. Who series.  
Ah, yes, Sarah Jane!  Who once told a Princess that there is no such thing as being "just a female," or words to that effect!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2003, 10:51:19 PM »

Der Brucer and I spent the day buying dog food.  Or, rather, that was the reason we drove up to Dover today, because we were out of kibble.  Somehow, we managed to fill the car with lots of everything else, including a new vacuum cleaner which der Brucer bought at one store, then discovered he could get a better deal at another store, so we had to go back to the first store to return the first vacuum first, because there was no room left in the car for the second vacuum.

Such a bother.

On the other hand, I've got loads more flour and sugar and butter and brown sugar and chocolate chips...

TIME FOR MORE COOKIES!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2003, 11:00:58 PM »

Where are you Ann & Jed? This is officially Washington time.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2003, 11:02:58 PM »

Whew!  This has been one long day for me.  As of now, I've been up for 18 hours!  WOW!  -And, yes, I am tired, but it was a good day.  And I'm glad I didn't sleep through my day off this time.

My day of baking was generally uneventful.  Today's "menu" was:
Cantuccini (Almond Biscotti)
Ginger Lemon Pound Cake
Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

The Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake was the 12-cup recipe that I "thought" would work in a 10-cup pan.  Ah, well...  I was doing the dishes when I started to smell smoke.  Uh-oh!  After a few minutes of scraping some of the overflow from the bottom of the oven - aluminum foil came in very handy - the whole thing settled, and it baked up fine.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow if the smoke got into the cake at all, but the trimmings tasted great.  -I used the recipe in this month's Cook's Illustrated.

I was going to make another batch of cookies, but settled in tonight in front of the TV to watch Angels In America: Millenium Approaches.  I kind of half-watched it.  Just wasn't in the mood to be get "involved" tonight in a movie - at least something as layered and involved as AiA:MM.  But, even though I was just half-watching, I did enjoy it, and there were some truly wonderful and moving moments.  Then came Letterman, Kilborn, and now Food TV.  I just need to wash one last pan in the kitchen, and I'm heading to bed.

-Oh, but I may bake one more batch in the morning, since I don't have to head back up to DC until the afternoon.

Once again, a very Happy Birthday to our own esteemed BK.

*And I still don't know exactly what a Parisienne Cake is.  Do you have a pic of one?  And was this one served at the restaurant?  Or did you pick up one at the grocery store.

**If I knew what a Parisienne cake is, I would have baked one today.  ;)

I first came across BK via his recordings on Varese Sarabande.  I'm a big time label/notes reader, so his name has always been associated with some of my favorite cast and cabaret recordings.  I also remember seeing his name mentioned in the sadly defunct Show Music Magazine in regards to said wonderful recordings.

Net-wise, I came across BK on the "other site", and then eventually came across HHW via a banner ad on some site - probably sondheim.com.

As for favorite track/album: Liz Callaway's "You There In The Backrow" - and the rest of that album.  But that first track got me hooked!  And I also have a special affinity for "Hey There, Soldier Boy" from Unsung Irving Berlin since I accompanied Shauna Hicks on it when she did a special performance for her alma mater, American University.  -And I had to transcribe it too since Shauna did not have a chart!

Well, time for me to wrap things up.  Until tomorrow/later today...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2003, 11:04:30 PM »

A local school here performed "Olivia" earlier this year. They could only find girls interested in auditioning. I believe it was quite entertaining. I don't know is there was Madame Fagin and Wilhemina Sykes. So how was tonight's rehearsal TCB?
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2003, 11:08:08 PM »

Just thought I would post again before bed...

BK, I hope that you had a magnificent birthday!  We must have details in tomorrows notes!

G'night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2003, 11:11:41 PM »

Thank you one and all for the good wishes on my lofty ascension.  The view up here is lovely.  Although, I must confess that I am a bit disappointed that I do not possess the ability to smite my enemies (I was really looking forward to that part).

Jrand:  Got to the interview, but not through the movie yet.

MusicGuy:  I will be eagerly watching my male mail.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2003, 11:16:34 PM »

A local school here performed "Olivia" earlier this year. They could only find girls interested in auditioning. I believe it was quite entertaining. I don't know is there was Madame Fagin and Wilhemina Sykes. So how was tonight's rehearsal TCB?

It sucked!  Other than that, everything is fine.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2003, 11:18:01 PM »

Wasn't "smite" one of the characters in a Dickens novel?
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up