Re:SPEED
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 05:56:41 AM »

My 2400th post!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »

My 2400th post!

And a welcome addition, indeed!  You've been busy, FJL!

DR Jose, how's the tuxedo juncture coming along?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 06:09:55 AM »

I came across the following unhappy news at another site a couple of minutes ago.  Brace yourselves for the sadness of it all.

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had a bun in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 06:18:20 AM »

LOL SWW!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 06:35:44 AM »

I came across the following unhappy news at another site a couple of minutes ago.  Brace yourselves for the sadness of it all.

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had a bun in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

This obit failed to mention that the Doughboy once received the Gold Medal.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:44:59 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 07:01:11 AM »

I also watched So You Think You Can Dance last night.  I"m not crazy about the audition shows (with the bad dancers). But I LOVE the audition phase in Vegas with all the good ones. It's too bad that they didn't show more of the rehearsals. I love watching that.

It is a shame, because some of the chosen 20 were people we had barely seen. And that isn't really fair once the voting begins.

I did find myself getting emotional for a few contestants.  I was sort of sad that the last kid did not get through. And I had tears for the swing guy. That dance he did with his cousin on wednesday (to save himself) was incredible.

I also felt sad that the blonde girl (who was friends with the little kid who made it) did not get through. :(

It will be interesting next week.  I love watching the dancers pair up.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »

TD it is always nice to see your avatar here! And a Bollywood movie in your list!!! I am like a proud papa! LOL!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 07:40:13 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful here, cool at the moment, but going to be another hot one laster. [sigh]

I'm trying to get the inside as cool as possible before shutting up the doors and windows and living inside what cool air there is.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 07:41:47 AM »

TD it is always nice to see your avatar here! And a Bollywood movie in your list!!! I am like a proud papa! LOL!
You are indeed to blame for the Bollywood kick that I've been on with Netflix!  Each time one arrives, I think of you. . .and also of all the good things I've been missing.
Recently, I've also seen INDIAN BABU, SHIKAAR and BOLLYWOOD AND VINE from Netflix.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 07:42:06 AM »

My goodness - Matt Ashford AND Ty Treadway on SOAP TALK. I must watch the show. How far in advance do they tape, I wonder. I must consult the listings to see if the show is on tonight.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 07:43:48 AM »

TOD:

CD: My NERVOUS NORVUS cd arrived! Along with that I have been listening to some fun novelty songs sent to me by DR Tomovoz!

DVD: Not sure if I will have any time this weekend to sit down and watch a movie or not...if not then I might finish up the last LEAVE IT TO BEAVER episode on the season 1 set.

DVR: A bunch of stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 07:44:19 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and though I'm not a chaperone, I'm very drowsy.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - AMERICAN IDOL - Season 5: Encores

DVD - THE DETECTIVE

DVR - KNOCKOUT with Arthur Kennedy and Anthony Quinn

laserdisc - EVERYBODY SING!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 07:46:26 AM »

SoapTalk!  Take plenty of merchandise, MR BK!

I agree!!!

I also say take Deceit.. Ty and Lisa know Matt quite well!!

I have seen Matt on there several times via a couple of friends for Soapnet is not available here in the commons.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 07:48:33 AM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2006, 07:52:59 AM »

I have already listened through the IDOL CD a couple of times. By far my favorite items are Chris Daughtery's "Wanted: Dead or Alive," Paris Bennett's "Midnight Train to Georgia," Elliott Yamin's "Moody's Mood for Love," and Ace Young's "Father Figure."

Ace's vocal for me was surprisingly the most impressive one as he shows more vocal dexterity than he ever showed on the show. Of course, in the studio, there can be multiple takes to smooth out rough patches, something live TV cruelly exposes, but I really liked this rendition.

Paris' song is so expertly delivered that its being only an audio performance jumps her directly to the forefront of the female vocalists this season. Being 17, her visual performance was always off-putting for me, dolled up in outfits that tried to make her far more mature than she was. But just listening to her, her voice is incredibly mature and impressive. You'd never guess she was 17 hearing this.

Elliott's sophistication in his vocal delivery left everyone else in the dust. I will eagerly buy his first solo CD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »

My goodness - Matt Ashford AND Ty Treadway on SOAP TALK. I must watch the show. How far in advance do they tape, I wonder. I must consult the listings to see if the show is on tonight.

Ty is one of hte hosts!!

I have all of matts clips from when he has been on.... {hangs head shamefully}

The one appearance in the past has Matt and Billy Warlock on adn that I think is being rerun this week. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that one.

My ideal movie or telly appearance on a chat show would be Matt Ashford, Stephen Nichols, Tuc Watkins, Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

I hear James E. Reilly is out as headwriter of Days..... Hallelujah!!

I hear Hogan Sheffer is in.... YEEE HAAA!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »

Just a little heads-up for DVD buyers:

Deep Discount is having another of their 20% off sales now through the 17th. Enter "DVD TALK" in the code section to get the discount.

I'll be waiting until next Tuesday to order the Grable box as well as VALLEY OF THE DOLLS since I can get a greater discount once they've gone off the pre-order list. (You can't apply the sale to pre-orders.)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2006, 07:59:41 AM »

Ty is one of hte hosts!!

I have all of matts clips from when he has been on.... {hangs head shamefully}

The one appearance in the past has Matt and Billy Warlock on adn that I think is being rerun this week. I could be wrong so don't quote me on that one.

My ideal movie or telly appearance on a chat show would be Matt Ashford, Stephen Nichols, Tuc Watkins, Pierce Brosnan, Liam Neeson,

Yes, I knew Ty was one of the hosts. He's gotten a couple of Emmy nominations to show for it.

Tuc Watkins - my dream man.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2006, 08:04:07 AM »

Media check...

Kevin Spirtas on work puter

AT home, I have Bollywood HOllywood in te DVD player, Madness of King George III in the vhs player.

CDplayer: Kevin Locke; The Chieftains: Long Journey  Home; Bill Morrissey

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2006, 08:04:40 AM »

Yes, I knew Ty was one of the hosts. He's gotten a couple of Emmy nominations to show for it.

Tuc Watkins - my dream man.

He is gorgeous.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »

I truly thing it would be good for bk to plant a but in Ty's ear... They may drag Matt on...

Lisa adores Matt

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »

Matt himself is dealing with Soaptalk - he should be booking it shortly.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:12 AM »

Got to head out now for my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:38 AM »

Matt, STephen, and Tuc!!! Oh yes!!! :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »

Friday -- AT LAST!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 08:11:09 AM »

HOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 08:11:44 AM »

I have a clip of Matt juggling on Soaptalk... Ty suggested chainsaws...

Ty did quite well in juggling

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 08:12:03 AM »

I was so tired last night....

[How tired WERE you?]

[cue laugh track]

I was so tired I was in bed at 9:30.

[dead silence]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up