Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEED  (Read 24145 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:SPEED
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

I have posted threads on Soap News and Scoops, SoapCity (This is Day's Sony site), the Connotator... I tried posting it on the nbc one and got banned...

Emails sent to BethsDaysPage and Soaptownusa and these are the bigger ones.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2006, 12:39:37 PM »

page 4 DANCE
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »

There is one vile site I will not post the infiormation on for they are part of the lunatic fringe and bash anyone, male or female, that Matt has worked with.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:42:41 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »

Matt Ashford's daughter appears to be following inhis footsteps. She just snagged the part of Marta in "Sound of Music" to be performed at the Hollywood Bowl.

http://spoilerdiva.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=1149813577

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2006, 01:05:01 PM »

I just got home from "A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION" - the movie - and thoroughly enjoyed it.   It's not the greatest film in the world, but if you're a PHC fan, I think you'll really love it. It's cute and lovable. And the cast is great with Lily Tomlin, Meryl Streep, John C. Reilly, Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, Lindsay Lohan, Garrison Keeler (of course) and more.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »

Now I am sitting with ice on my foot. One lousy day of wearing sandals and I am back in pain again. This stinks

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2006, 01:13:56 PM »

I like Catherine Hickland, too, but they've made her character a recurring one on ONE LIFE TO LIVE for awhile, and that's a shame. Again, these really talented people get relegated to the background or side stories in favor of some others who aren't nearly as good. Tuc, thankfully, does have a really good storyline cooking now, so his place on the show should be secure for awhile.

Matthew Metzger, who was a favorite of mine when he was on the show, was written off a couple of weeks ago. Again, his ouster baffled me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2006, 01:16:10 PM »

Really funny about PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION. One of our movie critics here in town gave it four stars, his highest rating. The other gave it 2 1/2 stars and said it was barely passable. Funny how opinions can vary so widely, but, of course, we've seen that happen here as well.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2006, 01:18:35 PM »

Now I am sitting with ice on my foot. One lousy day of wearing sandals and I am back in pain again. This stinks

~~~Foot Vibes for Cillaliz!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2006, 01:19:11 PM »

I watched the end of OLD ACQUAINTANCE. The last half of the film transfer is much better than the first half.

I still don't think this film is among Davis' better efforts even though it was popular at the time of its release. I'd rather THE GREAT LIE or THE CORN IS GREEN have been chosen for this set.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »

I watched a MURDER SHE WROTE episode on the Biography Channel which I had never seen before. Again, one of the episodes from late in the series' run, it had to do with a motorcycle racer and took place in Japan. Tom Wopat and Pat Morita were among the guest stars.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »

I just got home from "A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION" - the movie - and thoroughly enjoyed it.   It's not the greatest film in the world, but if you're a PHC fan, I think you'll really love it. It's cute and lovable. And the cast is great with Lily Tomlin, Meryl Streep, John C. Reilly, Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, Lindsay Lohan, Garrison Keeler (of course) and more.

I really want to see this movie!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2006, 01:22:36 PM »

I like Catherine Hickland, too, but they've made her character a recurring one on ONE LIFE TO LIVE for awhile, and that's a shame. Again, these really talented people get relegated to the background or side stories in favor of some others who aren't nearly as good. Tuc, thankfully, does have a really good storyline cooking now, so his place on the show should be secure for awhile.

Matthew Metzger, who was a favorite of mine when he was on the show, was written off a couple of weeks ago. Again, his ouster baffled me.

I rode an elevator with her at the ABC building when I was on my way to a meeting.  She looked exactly as she did on tv.  That is all.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2006, 01:22:45 PM »

I then watched a CSI episode from the Season 3 boxed set. The episode featured two cases, one starting with a raven found building its nest with a human eyeball, the other an apparent suicide of an unstable woman in an apartment complex. Surprising endings to both cases.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »

Finally, I started EVERYBODY SING on laserdisc. This was one of Judy Garland's pre-OZ features, and though the talent is A-list (Allan Jones, Fanny Brice, Billie Burke, Reginald Gardiner, Monty Wooley), it's definitely an MGM programmer. I'd only seen this once before, and it's in a laserdisc package with LITTLE NELLIE KELLY which I've watched multiple times.

They're trying for a screwball family vibe, similar to YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, but most of it doesn't approach the quality of that classic. Judy's songs, of course, raise the level of everything else on display.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

Really funny about PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION. One of our movie critics here in town gave it four stars, his highest rating. The other gave it 2 1/2 stars and said it was barely passable. Funny how opinions can vary so widely, but, of course, we've seen that happen here as well.

I can understand both ratings. I think it depends what you are expecting or looking for. I just went to enjoy some time with my PHC friends and that's what I found, a very enjoyable experience

George

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

In my CD player, 4 CDs that just arrived in the mail yesterday!

"Out at the Movies" (with musical arrangements by Grant Geissman and produced by our very own BK!  So far, so very good!), Brian Stokes Mitchell's brand new solo CD, the World Premiere Recording ;) of Songs from an Unmade Bed ("A Theatrical Song Cycle) and the original Broadway cast recording of The Wedding Singer.  Laura Benanti and Stephen Lynch were on CBS' The Early Show this morning but I didn't get to see the beginning of the song that they sang.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »

In my DVD player:  Cook, Dixon & Young: In Concert Vol. 1.  I LOVED the Three Mo' Tenors DVD and can't wait to see this!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:20 PM »

In my CD player:  "The Ultimate Donny Hathaway"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2006, 01:42:13 PM »

I know. I oculd not believe they got rid of him...

I have alwasy like Cat HIckland.. It is sad to see talented actors get sidelined

Days viewers know that all to well under the realm of Reilly's reign of terror. Sheffer is taking the riens and I am hoping i can actualy watch again.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2006, 01:43:13 PM »

Finally, I started EVERYBODY SING on laserdisc. This was one of Judy Garland's pre-OZ features, and though the talent is A-list (Allan Jones, Fanny Brice, Billie Burke, Reginald Gardiner, Monty Wooley), it's definitely an MGM programmer. I'd only seen this once before, and it's in a laserdisc package with LITTLE NELLIE KELLY which I've watched multiple times.

They're trying for a screwball family vibe, similar to YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, but most of it doesn't approach the quality of that classic. Judy's songs, of course, raise the level of everything else on display.

If Judy Garland were to come along today, at age 16 or 17, and audition for "American Idol", does anybody think she'd make it to the final 12?  If not, why not?  If so, why?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »

Yikes! It's already 97 degrees today. This is July weather and has been for weeks. We haven't had a drop of rain and I'm really sick of it.  That is all

Danise

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

Hi folks.  Sorry I haven't been in touch but my laptop/wireless card had "issues".  I think they are fixed now.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2006, 02:11:10 PM »

OLTL is the only soap I watch.  I started it because Mom watched it and I wanted to have something to talk to her about.  

Now, I'm hooked.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

Yikes! It's already 97 degrees today. This is July weather and has been for weeks. We haven't had a drop of rain and I'm really sick of it.  That is all

IT is only 60 here!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2006, 02:13:15 PM »

Danise, I have watched OLTL off and on, Todd and Blair ancient history...

I am hoping for Todd and Vangie! I adore the character of Starr.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

Somebody needs a VACATION!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »

If Judy Garland were to come along today, at age 16 or 17, and audition for "American Idol", does anybody think she'd make it to the final 12?  If not, why not?  If so, why?

That is an interesting question! But hard (for me) to answer...I would have to hear her sing in the current popular style since her style of singing would have been more in tune with the era(s) in which she were singing at the time...I would be curious to hear her voice singing one of today's hits in today's style.

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »

I am currently listening to the soundtrack (courtesy of www.raaga.com) of the Bollywood new Lesbian film MEN NOT ALLOWED.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »

What is find irritating STephen Nichols is off the show for 16 years and the promptly list his name but they have not even listed Matt's yet. GRRR!!

I just find that incredibly stupid....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up