Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: TONY TIME  (Read 51325 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TONY TIME
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 07:16:21 AM »

As I suspected, none of our local PBS stations are carrying THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA live. If it's shown, it will be on a delay.  Boo hiss!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 07:18:54 AM »

Page Two Buck Dance!!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 07:20:11 AM »

I recorded the movie version of BEWITCHED off Starz!yesterday, so I'll be watching that today. It got awful reviews, and I'm not expecting much, but I'll watch just the same.

FJL

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 07:21:21 AM »

BK - Mainly, the Talkin' Broadway party was attended by the regular people on that chat board, often along with spouses/significant others.  People whose names I think you might know included Peter Filichia, Barbara & Scott Siegel, Bill Russell and his other half bruceb, Bruce Yeko, Skip Kennon and Fred Landau, Rob Lester, Richard Connema (sp?), Wayman Wong, Seth Christenfeld, Milla, Ronnik (who incredibly won the grand door prize two years in a row, but everyone saw that it was pulled out of the hat fair and square).

How lovely that Kritzerland donated some stuff to the goody bags, by the way.

In the people-can-be-different-than-they-seem-in-cyberspace department, there was one person from All That Chat who seems at times a bit "nerdish" (for want of a better word) in his posts, but when I met him, he was articulate, erudite, knowledgeable, and a total delight.  I can't reconcile the swell human being I met with the posting style.  Go figure!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:04:59 AM by FJL »

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 07:25:05 AM »

And DEADWOOD has its season premiere tonight which I'll be recording. I won't get around to watching it until tomorrow, but advanced word is the show is better than ever.

ENTOURAGE also begins its third season tonight. Yep, I'll be recording it, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 07:44:37 AM »

Off to start on some of those Sunday chores.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 08:01:06 AM »

DR LAURA - as DR JENNIFER posted, Light in the Piazza is scheduled on Thursday night in MOST areas....including here in Indiana....so check that night in your listing!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »

Tony Night!

DRJOSE - don't forget to take all the tags off that new tuxedo!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 08:02:19 AM »

Off to work.....I will be alone....well my 16 year old nephew will be working with me....so....there you are.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »

I will only say this:

Show may to thees cat in payamas and Hi will mek herrrrrr purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »

Good Sunday Morning to you, all and one!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.  Yesterday was busy, busy, busy.

I spent a good deal of time assembling boxes for LPs, CDs and DVDs as I must put many of these items into storage.  Thus far, I've filled the LP storage boxes (10 of them).   My "move-into-storage" target date is the 4th of July weekend.  Although the 4th is on a Tuesday, I'm taking that Monday off.

It's a year-in-advance solution to a pending move and the fact that I'm overflowing with items I have no in-condo storage space for.

But I have plenty of room in my storage locker/unit for these boxes since I have quite a bit in storage as it is.

I moved into the small condo more than 10 years ago thinking I'd be here 3-6 months.  I moved in with the bare necessities...and have since filled the apartment with things that need "space" to be properly stored/displayed/made available.  

Oh, well...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:47:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46:12 AM »

Good Morning!

Well...  I'm awake... I've made the coffee...

Did I mention that I am awake?

;)

*That was for you DR TCB.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 08:47:45 AM »

As I mentioned yesterday, I had an unexpected windfall courtesy of the New York State Lottery Commission.  It wasn't Mega-Millions huge, but it was nice "surprise".  Alas, over the course of the past 48 hours, I've spent almost all of my winnings, but all my purchases have been worthy investments.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 08:48:51 AM »

As I mentioned yesterday, I had an unexpected windfall courtesy of the New York State Lottery Commission.  It wasn't Mega-Millions huge, but it was nice "surprise".  Alas, over the course of the past 48 hours, I've spent almost all of my winnings, but all my purchases have been worthy investments.

Did they pay you the full amount or did they take out taxes?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 08:51:29 AM »

Also on the 4th of July weekend, I'm treating myself to a solo performance by Leslie Jordan called "Like a Dog on Linoleum."  A July 2 matinee is the final performance, and that is the one I'm going to see.

For those who don't know Jordan by name, he played "Beverly Leslie" as a recurring character on "Will and Grace"....and he was a major character in "Sordid Lives."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »

Otherwise, things are pretty lazy here in Grovers Corners....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2006, 08:56:07 AM »

Buying the tux eventually came down to a "I need a tux now, and I don't want to deal with walking all over midtown comparing prices and styles" decision.

A couple of people and websites recommended a formal wear place down around Penn Station as the place I should go to get a great deal on a tuxedo.  Well, once I got there, it turned out the place had closed about a month ago.  All in the timing...

Since Macy's was across the street...  -And since DR elmore had tipped me off to their formal wear and suit sale...

They had a couple of nice tuxes for sale, and I settled on a nice, basic tux.  Nothing fancy.  Heck, it's just a tux.  I was also able to buy separates, so I didn't have to worry about any tailoring.  And the pants and the jacket together cost me $149.00.  -And because I was purchasing separates, I didn't have to pay any sales tax either!  *There's now no tax on pieces of clothing under $110. :)

James and I headed out yesterday to buy the rest of my outfit for tonight: tux shirt, studs, cufflinks, shoes, etc.  I had shopped at Sym's down in DC a couple of times, and they always had a very good, very well-priced selection of clothing.  The Park Avenue store was five floors of amazing bargains.  I was able to get everything I needed - and more! - for under $100!

*And, best of all, James and I seemed to be on the same page in regards to each other's clothing selection.  There weren't too many raised eyebrows, and "Put that back now" looks as we were browsing the aisles.  ;)

**And, as previously mentioned, I believe James has a new favorite bargain clothing store.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 08:57:48 AM »

Did they pay you the full amount or did they take out taxes?

Well, since the amount I won was under $600, they just gave me the cash.  If I had won over $600, I would have had to head downtown to the Lottery Commission office and deal with all the paperwork.  As for now, I just need to keep track of my "receipt" for my taxes.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »

For all the TAR fans here there is a new show called TREASURE HUNTERS that might be a bit like TAR. Anyone gonna watch?

http://www.tvrules.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10046

I saw the previews for this show and it looked pretty interesting...I will watch it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2006, 09:01:11 AM »

Also on the 4th of July weekend, I'm treating myself to a solo performance by Leslie Jordan called "Like a Dog on Linoleum."  A July 2 matinee is the final performance, and that is the one I'm going to see.

For those who don't know Jordan by name, he played "Beverly Leslie" as a recurring character on "Will and Grace"....and he was a major character in "Sordid Lives."

AH!  Leslie Jordan!  What a character!  And character actor!

He did a show in Richmond for Triangle Players a couple of years ago, Hysterical Blindness and Other Southern Tragedies That Have Plagues My Life Thus Far.  Quite the hoot!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:08:47 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2006, 09:06:59 AM »

In about an hour I shall hie myself the Wood of Sher to pick up my 4 year old grandneice Taylor. We shall then hop on the train to downtown Portland where we have orchestra seats at Keller Auditorium to see SWAN LAKE!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »

As for Tony Predictions...

Well.. I need to iron my shirt and lay out the rest of my clothes for tonight... So...

*And, yes, I will have my camera with me... Hopefully, I'll be able to snap a couple of pics every now and then.

**Anyone want a Tony Playbill?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

OH!  And I had my first manicure and pedicure yesterday...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:37 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - another good night's sleep.  I'll start making the tuna pasta salad now, and by the time I'm done, I should be ready for my jog.  I've been jogging steadily with no days off for over three weeks now.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2006, 10:46:25 AM »

Forgot to mention: notable theatre historian Ken Bloom was also at the All that Chat party, as was critic Bob Rendell.

I may be intermittently E&T during the HHW Tony party, since our quiet evening here suddenly mushroomed into a small gathering.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2006, 10:55:42 AM »

Then have everyone at the small gathering POST!

FJL

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »

That's an idea!

FJL

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »

Was able to snag tickets to the final performance of PAJAMA GAME at regular non-benefit prices.  They're all the way to the side, but it'll be fun being "in the room" for Connick's last perf.  But still, I wouldn't have imagined years ago I'd ever consider it a bargain to get side orchestra tickets for $110!!!

That was a mix of joy and rant, wasn't it?

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2006, 11:07:25 AM »

Was able to snag tickets to the final performance of PAJAMA GAME at regular non-benefit prices.  They're all the way to the side, but it'll be fun being "in the room" for Connick's last perf.  But still, I wouldn't have imagined years ago I'd ever consider it a bargain to get side orchestra tickets for $110!!!

That was a mix of joy and rant, wasn't it?

;D Oh, but you combine the two so well

FJL

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2006, 11:09:41 AM »

A little bitter with the sweet, I guess
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up