Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: TONY TIME  (Read 51324 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TONY TIME
« on: June 11, 2006, 12:11:24 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, it took you a Weill to read the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - their currently handicapping the Tony Awards right now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:14:03 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TONY TIME
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 12:12:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: ERUMPENT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 12:23:18 AM »

Today at 10:30 a.m., I have to usher for a local dance company's recitals.  They have four performances and I have to be there for the earliest one. :P That's too darned early!  Anyway, I'll be there with bells on.  After that, I'll hurry home so that I can be set for the Tony Awards®!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 12:34:39 AM »

I'm just sitting here like so much fish, listening to my iPod and fooling around on eBay.

George

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 12:40:23 AM »

On the way up to Seattle yesterday, we listened to 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Astrud Gilberto.  I have never really heard any of her songs, other than "The Girl from Ipanema."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 01:17:17 AM »

Oh!  I forgot that when I was in Seattle yesterday, after the ballet but before we went to eat at Dick's Drive-In, we stopped at Tower Records.  Now, last month when I went to see PennyO in the reading in Seattle, I went to Tower Records afterwards and bought the original Broadway cast recording of Kean with Alfred Drake.  When I tried to play it at work, I was shocked and horrified to find that the disc had some scratches on it...they really just looked like a bunch of dots...that made the CD unplayable.  So, a couple of weeks later, when my niece and I went to the Seattle Storm basketball game, I again stopped in Tower Records so that I could swap the CD.  They didn't have another copy in stock and they wouldn't give me my money back nor would they give me a store credit.  They had to order me another copy of the same CD.  So that means that I would have to pay $15 in gas to get a $10 CD.  That bites.  As of yesterday, they hadn't called me yet to tell me that the CD had come in.  But when we got to Tower Records, I went right to the musicals section and they had TWO COPIES OF THE CD!!  They never called me!  How rude!  So, I got my good copy and I was able to get it without making a trip up to Seattle just for that, but they should've called. :P

George

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 01:17:54 AM »

According to the KCTS (Seattle PBS) website, "The Light in the Piazza" is not playing on the Seattle PBS until June 18th at 11:30 a.m.!  What kind of first showing is that? :P According to excite.com's TV listing, it's showing on Thursday, June 15 at 9:00 p.m., and according to tvguide.com, it's not showing at all!  Who's right?? :-\

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:28:10 AM by George »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 03:18:48 AM »

Good Morning.  Yesterday was the Vixter's dance recital. That pretty much sucked up the entire evening from 5 PM until it ended at 10  and then out for a bite to eat...of course before that was the laundry and dishes and shopping.....

and sneezing, lots and lots of sneezing................

Ah what an exciting life I lead!.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 03:21:48 AM »

Today I shall be E & T from this here site, first we have church and Sunday School, then the Vixter wants to auditon for 2 summer shows at the local community theatre, they are doing a "musical showcase" by kids and they are also auditioning for" You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" then we have to go to my niece's 8th birthday party and then we have tickets to see Fairport Convention.

No Tony's for me tonight.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 03:23:06 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:14 AM »

FJL... you have at least two groupies out here on Long Island!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 04:10:29 AM »

Good morning, all!  This will be one very long day:  I'm in Toyland till 1, than goddaughter Charlotte's dance recital at 2.  This will probably run till 5, and then I have to deal with my apartment and look for some Christmas music.

At the moment the phone isn't ringing with work, so I'm getting a bit antsy that I'll never work again.  I've been hoping no big offers will turn up while my father's health remains poor, but I'm a bit concerned there are no concert or recording offers turning up to bring in some extra cash to pay for things like plane tickets, car rentals, etc.  Feast or famine, c'est l'histoire de ma vie.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 04:10:56 AM »

FJL... you have at least two groupies out here on Long Island!

Three!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 04:16:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: ERUMPENT!
There was a young laddie from Crumpent
Decided to play his dad's trumpent
He blew and he blew
But nothing came through
'Til his backside quite loudly erumpent!

(What, you were expecting something classy from a limerick?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 04:27:09 AM »

Today at 10:30 a.m., I have to usher for a local dance company's recitals.  They have four performances and I have to be there for the earliest one. :P That's too darned early! ...
Oh, you poor baby!  For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting up at dawn, in order to get to work on time.  (They've discovered I'm good at taking care of the early chores, like restocking the milk in the front chill chest, taking the trash to the compactor, that sort of thing.  They've even started making "Honeydew" lists, in anticipation of my arrival.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:30:56 AM »

There was a young laddie from Crumpent
Decided to play his dad's trumpent
He blew and he blew
But nothing came through
'Til his backside quite loudly erumpent!

(What, you were expecting something classy from a limerick?)
I LOVE IT!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 04:31:42 AM »

Good morning, DR SWW!  I see DR Ben as well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 04:34:25 AM »

Good morning, Larry!  Vibes!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 04:35:51 AM »

Good morning. I'm making oatmeal.

That is all.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 04:39:31 AM »

I've got a duck defrosting downstairs, and must decide how I'm going to cook it tomorrow (my day off, which is a Sunday reference, even though it'll be Monday).

Do I want to roast the bird whole, or cut it into it's proper pieces and do them separately?

Decisions, decisions.

I suppose I should re-watch Alton Brown's episode of Good Eats, "What's Up, Duck?"  I recall he roasted the bird in his cast iron skillet, but there's a few steps I need to review.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:41:04 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 04:40:42 AM »

Good morning. I'm making oatmeal.

That is all.
That is ALL???

No fruit sprinkled atop the oatmeal?  No brown sugar, or even a splash of cream?

:'(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 04:52:23 AM »

I've got a duck defrosting downstairs, and must decide how I'm going to cook it tomorrow (my day off, which is a Sunday reference, even though it'll be Monday).

Do I want to roast the bird whole, or cut it into it's proper pieces and do them separately?

Decisions, decisions.

I suppose I should re-watch Alton Brown's episode of Good Eats, "What's Up, Duck?"  I recall he roasted the bird in his cast iron skillet, but there's a few steps I need to review.

I want to come to dinner!  I've only had Peking Duck, and I would love to taste what you do with it.

vixmom

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 04:55:57 AM »

Well the house is beginning to awake.  On the plus side I have washed dried and folded two loads of laundry,with a third load currently in the dryer and the fourth load in the washer, I made two birthday cards for my niece and caught up here! Pretty productive for not yet 8 on a Sunday!!

Off to cook the breakfast!! Have a lovely day all and vibes to all what needs 'em.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 05:00:50 AM »

There's an interview with Andrew Lloyd Webber in the LA Times, where the Lord talks about his new Las Vegas production of Phantom of the Opera, but nowhere in the piece does he mention the sexiest man in the world, who will be playing the lead.

In fact, he doesn't mention any of the actors at all.

PPPPBBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 05:02:16 AM »

And now, I must get ready for work.  Laters (a ref to he who we blame for everything, of course).

Michael

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 05:17:05 AM »

If actors Jeremy and Jeremy London (who are twins) act on Broadway in different plays and both get nominated for the Antoinette Perry Award and only one wins. Would we then ask "Which Twin Has The Tony?"
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 05:32:45 AM »

For all the TAR fans here there is a new show called TREASURE HUNTERS that might be a bit like TAR. Anyone gonna watch?

http://www.tvrules.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10046

Ben

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 05:34:13 AM »

That is ALL???

No fruit sprinkled atop the oatmeal?  No brown sugar, or even a splash of cream?

:'(

I did have a banana and raisins in the oatmeal as well. Along with the oatmeal I had a mug of coffee with a splash of milk and I watched Fairly Odd Parents on Nickelodeon.

I was speaking Vixmom when I signed off (That is all). I was, in effect, channeling her since she will be E&T all day.

Jennifer

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 05:40:13 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody answered this, but THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA will be on many PBS stations live this Thursday june 15 at 9pm (till 11:30pm). Eastern. Not sure what happens on the West Coast.

If you're not sure if your pbs station is showing it, just go to pbs.org and plug in your local station. And it will give you the schedule. I know here, one of my pbs stations is showing it, while the other isn't.

However, i've heard that some pbs stations are showing it, but not live (i've heard on sunday june 18). So perhaps just check a few dates if you don't see it at first.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 07:06:29 AM »

Woody - I suspect the reason they aren't mentioning the actors for PHANTOM in Vegas by name in situations like that is that some of the leads are double-cast.  For example, the role of the Phantom is alternating between Brent Barrett and Anthony Crivello.  If they focused on Brent Barrett, people who didn't see him might feel like they were getting the "second" cast, if that makes any sense.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 07:15:19 AM »

Good morning!

More of the same here today: bright morning followed by hellish hot afternoon complete with thundershowers.

[sigh]

I'll be inside most of the day, I suspect, doing the usual Sunday chores like laundry. I must get the laptop moved to a convenient spot so I can watch the Tonys and take part in the party here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up