Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: TONY TIME  (Read 51430 times)

FJL

Re:TONY TIME
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2006, 11:10:10 AM »

And one for Marshall

FJL

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »

A reference to Kathleen Marshall getting another Tony for PJ GAME, that was.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2006, 11:12:35 AM »

Hmmm...maybe if I post enough during the day, I won't get bitch-slapped for being too E&T during the actual awards :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2006, 11:12:43 AM »

I went down to the office this morning because I wanted to see if there was mail or anything else I needed.  I'm considering cutting this break a couple weeks shorter than planned and getting back to work after one more week off. I finally unwound and  I have some plans that are starting to gel in a very good way.  Besides, the counselor that I'm seeing to get the time off is driving me nuts.  I'd rather go to the office.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »

Support vibes for Cillaliz, however things work out with your work schedule

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2006, 11:15:16 AM »

DR Jose, congrats on the lottery win.   If I win 2 dollars or even a free pick I tell everyone I won the lottery.  I've never won as much as you did on the lottery that's way cool.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2006, 11:16:30 AM »

Thanks FJL, I'm really in great spirits. I think I'm actually getting bored and going to work is starting to sound like fun, LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2006, 11:17:27 AM »

Is anyone from the West Coast going to watch the Tonys live on the net?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »

Is anyone from the West Coast going to watch the Tonys live on the net?

Hmm... I'm wondering if there will be wireless access from inside Radio City Music Hall...  Hmm..
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »

Good Morning!

Well...  I'm awake... I've made the coffee...

Did I mention that I am awake?

;)

*That was for you DR TCB.  ;D

Thank you, Jose, I was curious.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2006, 11:23:21 AM »

Thank you, Jose, I was curious.

Well... Two and a half hours later... Finally!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2006, 11:26:09 AM »

DR FJL - How very kind of you to get tickets for me and James.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2006, 12:00:51 PM »

Jose - The PJ GAME tickets are ALL the way to the side, so i figured you guys wouldn't have wanted them.  But if any center seats pop up at those dirt-cheap non-benefit prices for the final performance, you'll be the first ones I'll call.  :)

BTW, Jose, are you planning on seeing MAME in DC?  I do have an extra (i.e., free if you want it) box-seat ticket for the June 24th matinee, if you've been looking for an excuse to take a trip to the Washington area.  And I also have an extra (i.e., free if you want it) general admission ticket to ASSASSINS at Signature in Arlington for June 24th evening, but I figure you could get into that one free on your own.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:17:26 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

Back from a difficult jog (did go the full distance, though), then I used up some credit and got the new Fox Charlie Chan box set.

What time is the Tony broadcast on the West Coast?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2006, 12:30:02 PM »

OH!  And I had my first manicure and pedicure yesterday...

I don't think open-toed shoes are what you should wear with a tuxedo.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2006, 12:41:26 PM »

Jose - The PJ GAME tickets are ALL the way to the side, so i figured you guys wouldn't have wanted them.  But if any center seats pop up at those dirt-cheap non-benefit prices for the final performance, you'll be the first ones I'll call.  :)

BTW, Jose, are you planning on seeing MAME in DC?  I do have an extra (i.e., free if you want it) box-seat ticket for the June 24th matinee, if you've been looking for an excuse to take a trip to the Washington area.  And I also have an extra (i.e., free if you want it) general admission ticket to ASSASSINS at Signature in Arlington for June 24th evening, but I figure you could get into that one free on your own.

Aww... Thanks.  ;)

As for Mame and Assassins... Are you no longer going?  Or did someone else in your party end up cancelling?  -I would love to have the tickets, but I'm also trying to get a pair, so...

*And just so that you - and everyone else who reads this site knows - a little birdie has heard rumors that Signature will most likely extend the run again by one more week.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »

I don't think open-toed shoes are what you should wear with a tuxedo.

Well... At least I wasn't the one who had his toe-nails painted/polished blue.  ;)  The color was called "Aruba" - I guess to look like the ocean in Aruba.  And, yes, I picked it!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2006, 12:54:27 PM »

Jose - yes, my friend Julie and I are still going, we just happen to have the extra tickets.  As I'm sure you know, the box at the Kennedy center is actually a pretty decent seat, unlike boxes in Broadway theaters.  We also have an extra seat in row H orchestra (fifth row, orch starts with row D), but all the way to the side for that matinee; we got them when tickets were looking scarce, but have shall-we-say "upgraded" our seats so that we can sit together while just eating the cost of the two singles.  So they're yours if you want 'em and I'll be able to take a legit entertainment dedcution for them if you use them.  :)  But don't you have a knack for charming the box office into bettering your seating, maybe you could charm your way into improving that row H side seat?

The ASSASSINS ticket is general admission, so if you got another general admission, clearly you and James could sit together.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:56:09 PM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2006, 01:02:43 PM »

Jose - yes, my friend Julie and I are still going, we just happen to have the extra tickets.  As I'm sure you know, the box at the Kennedy center is actually a pretty decent seat, unlike boxes in Broadway theaters.  We also have an extra seat in row H orchestra (fifth row, orch starts with row D), but all the way to the side for that matinee; we got them when tickets were looking scarce, but have shall-we-say "upgraded" our seats so that we can sit together while just eating the cost of the two singles.  So they're yours if you want 'em and I'll be able to take a legit entertainment dedcution for them if you use them.  :)  But don't you have a knack for charming the box office into bettering your seating, maybe you could charm your way into improving that row H side seat?

The ASSASSINS ticket is general admission, so if you got another general admission, clearly you and James could sit together.

Ah...  Hmm...  Let me get through tonight, and then I'll get back to you with tomorrow.  I was planning on heading down to DC that weekend as it was, so...

Thanks for keeping me in mind.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »

Jose - Sure, hope you can use them.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »

FInally finished GIRL CRAZY early this afternoon. It's a longer film than I remembered. I think Judy is photographed more beautifully here than in any of her other black and white films. She looks radiant throughout.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »

Then, I put in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN and watched it again. Just watched the film proper this time, none of the extras. The film looks like it was filmed yesterday apart from being in the old Academy ratio.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »

Then, I watched BEWITCHED which I had recorded off Starz! It's not a very good film, and I think the mistake Nora Ephron made was not trusting the original TV concept. Trying to go it one better by focusing on the lives of the two actors remaking the TV series was a big mistake. The TV characters were much mroe interesting than the warmed over, poorly written characters in the "real world." Shirley MacLaine was terribly misused as the Endora character, and the only one with any comic zing at all was Steve Carrell playing Uncle Arthur.

I think Nicole Kidman would have made a fine Samantha if she had been allowed to PLAY Samantha rather than the character she was actually playing who was trying to act Samantha in a TV remake of the TV series. Really just a lousy concept for the film.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2006, 01:27:12 PM »

Ended the afternoon with GROUNDS FOR MARRIAGE, a 1950 romantic comedy with Van Johnson and Kathryn Grayson. It's a slight film, but I've always liked it. David Raksin's "Toy Concertino" is a perfectly charming little ditty.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »

The TOnys start on the East Coast at 8 p.m. on CBS, so I'd guess that's when they'll be on in the West as well.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »

"All alone, I'm so all alone!"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2006, 01:38:35 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...  I'll be waving at all of ya'!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »

So, what time is the West Coast Tony Awards show?

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2006, 01:55:01 PM »

Off to put away folded laundry and then clean the guest bath. Will be back soon for the Tony party.

François de Paris

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2006, 02:28:28 PM »

I've got a duck defrosting downstairs, and must decide how I'm going to cook it tomorrow (my day off, which is a Sunday reference, even though it'll be Monday).

I've Got A Duck Defrosting Downstairs....

title to my next French Cuisine Recipes! ;)

(Better than I've Got A Bat In My Belfry, right?!)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 02:43:35 PM by François »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22   Go Up