Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY CONNECTIONS  (Read 22501 times)

François de Paris

Re:TOO MANY CONNECTIONS
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »

This sounds a lot like an exhibit der Brucer and I enjoyed at the National Building Museum in Washington, D. C., only greatly expanded.  What der B and I saw filled just three rooms, mostly with drawings backed with a (very) few 3-D pieces.  Even so, what was there was wonderful to see.

The show you saw might have been this one

http://cca.qc.ca/pages/Niveau3.asp?page=disney&lang=eng

which had a terrifc catalogue still available from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/2080136399/102-6029488-7645738?v=glance&n=283155

François de Paris

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »

FOR ALL YOU LPs LOVERS!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May I plug a new book written by a friend of mine with the help of a friend of his?

MOUSE TRACKS
By Tim Hollis and Greg Ehrbar.
The Story of Walt Disney Records.
This takes you behind the scenes at the Walt Disney Studios, tracing the company's recording history from the 1950s through today. It's filled with anecdotes, reminiscences and biographies of the artists who brought Disney magic to audio.

Included are impressions and details of teen princesses Annette Funicello and Hayley Mills, the Mary Poppins phenomenon, Fess Parker and Davy Crockett, and more. Includes reproductions of album covers and art, photos of performers, and related promotional material. A rare subject, never before covered with this depth.
Univ. Press of Mississippi, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am still waiting for my copy from Amazon.com; it seems that orders take ages to arrive, or is it only for little me?!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:47:43 PM by François »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »

Rodzinski and I are planning to make a detour down to Disneyland when we are in California next month.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2006, 05:33:03 PM »

I have to use my free passes before they expire!

François de Paris

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »

Save one for me and I'll join you!! :D

Last time I was there was in 1974! :o

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »

You mean... they put expiration dates to free passes now? They did not use to!

Oh you, Uncle Scrooge! >:(

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

You mean... they put expiration dates to free passes now? They did not use to!

Oh you, Uncle Scrooge! >:(

We got a pair twice a year and they had about a 2 year expiration date.  About a year after I started working there, I got my silver pass so I never had to use them.  Since I left, I've already had one expire so now I want to use them before they all go bad.  I actually think I have 2 that are going to expire at the end of this month in case anyone wants to make a trip.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2006, 05:54:20 PM »

Rodzinski and I are planning to make a detour down to Disneyland when we are in California next month.

Whilst you're detouring, let me tell you you'd better be stopping in the City of Studio for a very special local gathering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

As much as I love Disneyland, I don't think it has ever been the same since they did away with the Ticket Books.  In those days, families would come, they would buy some ticket books, and when the tickets were gone; they would go back to the hotels / motels for the rest of the day.  Now they come first thing in the morning and they never leave until closing.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »

Trying to figure out what I want to eat for dinner.  I figure I jogged enough to work off most of the light breakfast I had.  I have such a craving for pizza, and I may just go get a couple of slices from the Wolgang Puck's at Gelson's - I look at their pizza slices every time I'm there and they look incredibly incredible.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »

As much as I love Disneyland, I don't think it has ever been the same since they did away with the Ticket Books.  In those days, families would come, they would buy some ticket books, and when the tickets were gone; they would go back to the hotels / motels for the rest of the day.  Now they come first thing in the morning and they never leave until closing.

That is what I am hoping to do!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »

Whilst you're detouring, let me tell you you'd better be stopping in the City of Studio for a very special local gathering.

We were hoping to do something along those lines.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »

Okay, the hotlines have been turned off for the evening and I am heading out the door.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »

Ooo, Disneyland!  My first visit there was New Year's Eve (day) 1971, the day before Michigan lost a heartbreaker to Stanford in the Rose Bowl.  We were at Disneyland along with both schools' marching bands.

My second visit was with DH Richard and DS Rob when DS was 10 years old.  We took a bus from our hotel, did rides all day, took a swimming and dinner break back at our hotel, and went back for the evening parade and fireworks.  We had to run for the bus back "home," and Rob fell into his seat, laughing, and said, "I've had the time of my life today!"  So had I.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2006, 06:12:20 PM »

With lots of pictures!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »

RE: DR RLP's horrific story. It reminded me of something that happened this past Sunday.

I was driving with my mom. I got off the highway and the road sort of veered to the right. Anyhow the car in front of me did not go the required way. It instead made a sharp u-turn left.

Since i know this area well, i realized that the person was turning onto oncoming traffic (people coming off the highway in the other way).

It completely freaked me out, because i was afraid they would get hit head on.

Since there was nobody behind me, i slowed down and started and honking like crazy. Thankfully i saw that the car stopped and did another u-turn (in the middle of the road).  Stupid, but at that point it was probably smart.

I've been trying to think why this car would do that. And i am now thinking that they obviously knew that they were not allowed to make that abrupt left u-turn. But that they probably realized they were going the wrong way, and figured that the right hand side of the road (which they went on) would be going in the correct direction.

At least that explanation doesn't make me think they are as completely idiotic as i did that day. But i was really happy they did not get hit.

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »

I watched the first act and intermission of LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. I really liked it. ANd really loved Victoria Clark (have liked her since TITANIC). I also did like the Kelli O'Hara/Clara replacement. Pretty good for first time on Broadway.

I wasn't as thrilled with the Italian songs (since i didn't really understand what they were saying). But loved how Patti C. handled it (i think at the beginning of act 2 where i stopped it).

Very good show. I read the synopsis when the show came out. But i actually don't remember how it ends. So i am excited to watch Act 2.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2006, 06:54:05 PM »

6:45 and I'm the only one in the jernt?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »

7:36 and I'm the only one in the jernt?  What a revoltin' development this is.  Even Francois has deserted us.  Well, the bitch-slap machine is coming out, baby.

François de Paris

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2006, 07:50:26 PM »

7:36 and I'm the only one in the jernt?  What a revoltin' development this is.  Even Francois has deserted us.  Well, the bitch-slap machine is coming out, baby.

Well, I'm still around but i am looking for things to say at 4:40 am here!

I was remembering that a French version of Lion King was to start this September here in Paris BUT I read it was postponed a FULL year because they realized that the French stage is shorter than the one they usually use so the sets have to be adapted to the new place!
Well, you might think like me that things like that would NOT happen to Disney but they do!
What were they thinking?!

Oh.... we're getting the Sam Mendès version of CABARET (in French, iyp!) this October!

http://www.foliesbergere.com/affiche.php
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:00:06 PM by François »

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2006, 07:53:35 PM »

I am fixing some chicken and am about to watch HOOTENANNY A GO-GO!

François de Paris

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2006, 08:13:43 PM »

A sweet little film you may never get in the States; it's not a masterpiece but is loaded with charms; the picture, the colours, the acting, the mood!
Its title AVRIL is the name of the young lady, a novice who does not get to raise seven children but discovers life on a vacation to Camargue (South of France) with three young fellows, one of them being her twin brother that was separated from birth!
It's fresh and mellow and has no special effects no car chases....

Remember, you first heard about it HERE! LOL!

http://www.fluctuat.net/3180-Avril-Gerald-Hustache-Mathieu
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:14:41 PM by François »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2006, 08:39:09 PM »

Is this the jernt?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2006, 08:39:39 PM »

Mr BK next week in your area will be one Mr Adam Long....I will probably see him tomorrow or Sunday and will pass along the message to call you.  Thanks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »

NO theatre legends or superstitions from HHW'ers?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2006, 08:40:30 PM »

I am fixing some chicken and am about to watch HOOTENANNY A GO-GO!

I don't know whether to be jealous or sympathetic.  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2006, 08:46:45 PM »

In the "Be careful what you want or you will surely get it" department,  I've been whining that we haven't had rain....well we got over 4 inches in about 2 1/2 hours tonight and we're supposed to get more later tonight.   So no more whining!  Glad I sold my house in the flood plain and am now living at the top of the hill!

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »

So, I have been E and T because we were having very strong thunder storms

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2006, 08:50:18 PM »

Potential interesting development at the office.... something that just may make it a lot less stressful.  I'm not going to say more now, but I'm going to think about it and will know more on Monday.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »

I had a mostly musical evening tonight. I began with SINGIN' IN THE RAIN. Don't know why I got an itch to watch it, but I put it on, and about halfway through, I switched over to the commentary track. It's a mismash of people talking about the film (and other films made at MGM and elsewhere), but as a commentary, it can't hold a candle to Ron Haver's track on the Criterion laserdisc. That's one of the finest commentaries I've ever listened to as a supplement to a film. Superb.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up