Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: FATHER'S DAY  (Read 16729 times)

MBarnum

Re:FATHER'S DAY
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2006, 09:31:10 PM »

Bosco had his first trip to the groomers today where he was washed, dryed, clipped, and had his fur closely cropped!

He looks quite dandy and I am enjoying the fact that his long hair is not all over the place (as he seems to have hit his shedding season over the last couple of weeks).

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2006, 09:34:11 PM »

I went to a bar-b-q at my neice and nephew-in-laws house today...Bosco was quite a hit with everyone...particularly a little 5 year old girl that was there.

She played with Bosco quite a lot...I would find her sitting on him or hugging him...or talking with him...or curled up with him...or just petting him on the head. Bosco was loving every minute of it!

And when I was ready to leave she insisted that Bosco should stay at the barb-b-q...I mean really insisted! In fact I think she got a bit miffed at me for wanting to take him home! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »

It is now time to look at Ebay before I am off to slumber land...boy Monday sure does come along quickly!  >:(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2006, 09:54:18 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... James and I did not end up heading to Broadway Bares tonight... The 9:30 show was sold out, and by the time we reached Roseland to get in line to get tickets for the midnight show, the line was already all the way down 52nd, up Broadway, up to 53rd and around the corner.  -And that was with still an hour and 15 to go till the doors opened!  So... Since neither of us were in the mood to stand in such a long line, we just walked around Times Square for a a while.  -A little hot and humid outside, but not too bad.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »

Oh.. In between heading out earlier and deciding not to go to Broadway Bares, we took a nice walk through Riverside Park.  We started up at 96th Street and headed all the way down to 59th.  I had never been that close to the water, and it was a perfect evening for a walk - a nice breeze, and there were some boats moored in the middle of the river.

...And then came "whym" for dinner.  We both had the Chicken Pot Pie which was quite good, and then split their "Peanut Butter Martini" for dessert.  The "martini" was layers of a peanut butter filling alternating with chocolate ganache.  Very good, and not cloyingly sweet (surprisingly).
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2006, 10:06:54 PM »

No matter what, Rodzinski, there will always be estate sales and thrift shops!

I like checking them out along with Garage and Yard sales.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2006, 11:35:49 PM »

Back from the play and a little late repast - like Vixmom and company, we went to CPK, and Nick had the Thai Chicken Pizza while I had a Caesar Salad.  I feel like I ate to much, but I jogged like a demon today, so I think I'm probably okay. There was worse than rush hour traffic coming home at ten-forty-five.  Turned out there was a five car pile-up right by the interchange - why is it always by the interchange?  Everything was way off to the side and blocking nothing, but everyone had to slow down and look.  They were giving folks drunk tests - so it was probably some drunken cretin who caused it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2006, 11:51:01 PM »

I should be in bed but the local telly station is rebroadcasting some other world cup matches... yes, I am soccer fan.. OLE!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2006, 11:52:13 PM »

I think the Czech Republic will win it... I will be surprised if the US makes teh next round...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2006, 11:55:33 PM »

watched a movie tonight called "Madness of King GEorge III". It was not too bad but I expected more than what was presented on the screen. I hope of Elizebeth and Young Shakespeare in Love.

Still debating if I am brave enough to watch A Midsummer's Night's Dream with Dep and Pfeiffer.  Some say it is good and others dont. Makes me a bit nervous to watch a movie adaptation of one of my favorite Shakespearean plays.  My other favorite is Romeo and Juliet.. Yes, I know, I am a sappy romantic :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2006, 11:56:26 PM »

Alas, the lonesome frenzy that taps a phrase in the misty haze of dusk!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2006, 11:59:46 PM »

NOt familiar with California Pizza Kitchen... I have not heard of them.

Do they serve pizza and the like?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2006, 12:00:19 AM »

Do they make pizza in a certain style that is different from the rest of the country?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2006, 12:10:58 AM »

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up