Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 24244 times)

Ben

Re:DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:05 AM »

Ugh, a humid and wet day here in NYC. I'm having dinner with friends this evening but as Rodz said, the Pride parade may get rained on. It's a rain or shine event so the march will happen, just without hundreds (or thousands) of cheering spectators (and a handful of protesters in front of Saint Patrick's Cathedral)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:18 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:50 AM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »

My little sore throat thing seems to be abating.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2006, 10:28:57 AM »

It just finished pouring rain in Chelsea. Will it continue? I was going to go to Academy CDs but the rain stopped me. Anthony will thank the rain for that when he gets back to the City.

Hello to Adriana Patti!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 10:29:07 AM »

Ben's here.  Adriana's here.  TCB is here.

Ben

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 10:29:46 AM »

Only 78 posts for me until 3,500

Ben

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 10:30:30 AM »

Ginny's here (or at least logged in)

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2006, 10:31:31 AM »

Hi, Ben!  Yes, I'm here - in and out doing laundry and other puttering.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2006, 10:32:08 AM »

Welcome, new DR Adriana Patti - tell us about yourself!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: UBIQUITOUS!

How funny, UBIQUITOUS was the name of uor dance recital this year...
I just came on to mention that last night at my schools Scholarship ceremony I won $1000 for the Jerry D. Melton Dramatic Performance Scholarship. It was a four minute monolouge audition and an interview, and I was one of the three winners out of 15 who auditioned! I am also a Gold Seal AND Crimson Scholar. I also won a Bank of America Award for Applied Arts because I use my art in places outside of school. No money...but a very nice plaque and a real honor.

I would like to thank the Academy...

I will be joining more often to meet everyone soon, I graduate from Hollywood High School on Wendsday!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33:37 AM »

Only 249 more posts until the big 5000!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »

Congratulations, DR Adriana Patti!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 10:36:26 AM »

How funny, UBIQUITOUS was the name of uor dance recital this year...
I just came on to mention that last night at my schools Scholarship ceremony I won $1000 for the Jerry D. Melton Dramatic Performance Scholarship. It was a four minute monolouge audition and an interview, and I was one of the three winners out of 15 who auditioned! I am also a Gold Seal AND Crimson Scholar. I also won a Bank of America Award for Applied Arts because I use my art in places outside of school. No money...but a very nice plaque and a real honor.

I would like to thank the Academy...

I will be joining more often to meet everyone soon, I graduate from Hollywood High School on Wendsday!

Congratulations........... and Welcome!
“One thing’s universal,

Adriana Patti

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

DR? hehe....no, that is for later, when Iget my PH.D to teach drama at a college..high hopes!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2006, 10:38:14 AM »

DR? hehe....no, that is for later, when Iget my PH.D to teach drama at a college..high hopes!

You became a DR (Dear Reader) as soon as you joined HHW.
“One thing’s universal,

Adriana Patti

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2006, 10:40:38 AM »

oooh...why thank you! I'm honored, thank you all for the warm reception.
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »

Welcome to our lovelier than lovely new dear reader, Adriana Patti!  I do hope she'll become a regular because she's very bright and fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »

Back from a pleasant and full-length jog.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 11:08:43 AM »

Welcome to new DR Adriana Patti! and congrats on your graduation! We look forward to hearing more about you!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

My gosh I slept in until 9:30 am!!!

Today will be a day of rest and relaxation for me as well...I hope...although I do need to hie myself over to my mom's and hook up her DVD player to the new TV she bought.

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »

Last night I travelled to Portland to see little Taylor's dance recital...she and her 3 to 4 year old group danced as ducks to the song Donald Duck! It was cute...all in all there were 2 hours worth of program from kids age 3 to mid teens...and it was all quite fun!

Prior to the recital my mom, sister, brother-in law and myself stopped for dinner at Walter Mitty's. Next door was a little Mediteranean Market so I went in to look around and met the most wonderful old guy running the place. His name is Masur and he is from Iran (moved here 27 years ago). We chatted and he helped me pick out some great Iranian Pop CDs (one of which I am listening to right now). We became fast friends!

During dinner we talked about going back to the market to get some dessert...and my brother-in-law started spouting off about how Iran is our enemy blah, blah, blah...terroritsts...blah, blah, blah...and missles..blah, blah blah...my sister got mad at him and apoligized to me.

I really am beginning to thing that my brother-in-law has begun to flip his lid!

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 11:18:08 AM »

We did go back to the market, by the way, and I bought some wonderful snacky cake things...not too sweet either, just right! And introduced Mosur to my mom and sister....Doug did not venture in except to tell us it was time to leave.  :P

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but I guess you can't pick your relatives. LOL!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 11:20:20 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from... New York City.  I was in Poughkeepsie again yesterday, but since we gave the acting company a day off today...  I shall hie my way back up the Sprain Brook Parkway which becomes the Taconic State Parkway either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.  In the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »

DR TCB - I hope you were able to bid your friend a very fond and loving farewell today.  Yes, your life was enriched by his presence, and I'm sure his was enriched by yours.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »

BK, I saw EARLY SUMMER last year at the Ozu film fest in Portland...I enjoyed it very much.

Have you picked up Ozu's END OF SUMMER (1961) (AKA Early Autumn).

I didn't think it was quite as good as the other Ozu's I saw, but it is in color and stars a truck load of familiar Toho performers who you will recognize from assorted Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra movies which made it a lot of fun more me!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2006, 11:22:14 AM »

DR elmore - Continued Vibes of Good Health and Recovery to DR elmore's father.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2006, 11:25:49 AM »

Catching up from yesterday...

I remember seeing "Trilogy of Terror" on the afternoon movie on Channel 7 (I believe) while we were living in New London, CT.  That warrior doll scared both me and my brothers pretty good.
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »

Hiya, gang.

I arrived at my sistr Rik's at 10:30 last night - just kept driving until it seemed silly to waste $50 on a room when all I had left was three, nope, two, nope one more hour of driving. The dawg was thrilled to see me. And the workmen are STILL working on the kitchen remodel after 6 weeks. You know that movie, THE MONEY PIT? Well, it's true. Two more weeks... yeah, two more weeks...

Rikki is downtown for some meeting - she stayed over night. i took the dawg out for a nice hour-long walk in the park - she has been locked outside every day while the workmen are here. She's locked out again, right now, to keep her off the cement for the wood flooring. Poor pup.

Welcome to our new Adrianna Patti. Any relation to Adelina Patti, one of the most celebrated singers of the early 1900's? Or of HER relative, Patti LuPone? Or the Christian pop star, Sandi Patti?

I'm gearing up for this interview on Tuesday. I spoke with a former Artistic Director of said company a couple of days ago. The last Artistic Director of said company apparently came in last October and lasted until March... hmmmm... Well, you KNOW I'll be interviewing THEM as much as they are interviewing me. Difficult doesn't mean impossible - but it gives one pause. I must say, I've seen some of the shows in years past, and the quality was WAY up there. And the production budget is tantalizing, the salary would be the highest I ever had, plus REAL good bennies. More after I meet with them on Tuesday...
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

Welcome and Congratulations to our newest Dear Reader Adriana Patti!!!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up