Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FREAKOUT  (Read 25887 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE FREAKOUT
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

No....that's not at all what I meant!   :P

I couldn't find it in my dictionary with the "-ence" ending. So I wondered what it meant if it wasn't "sustenance".

But... :) by all means, congratulations on your accomplishment!

Thanks!  And...ummm...obviously, I didn't notice the spelling discrepancy (not the only one, though ::)).  I guess I can learn to be more observant.  And THAT'S what I learned today. ;D

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2006, 11:46:16 AM »

Back from a jog and the bank and various and sundried.  And, I completely changed course on the book I'd started.  Another idea just came to me yesterday, completely out of the blue, and the entire first paragraph basically came into my head, almost full-blown.  That's too good a sign, and I'm totally already in love with the leading character, for whom the book will be named.  I've already done three pages this morning - I'm thinking the chapters are going to be very short in this book, which is a style I'm very fond of but haven't really done.  We'll see how we progress, but I liked this one enough to already have its title page typed out, something I rarely do unless I'm sure.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2006, 11:48:39 AM »

Slow news day here today.  Not much to say, I suppose.  Here's a picture of Otto.  It's his pirate look.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2006, 12:15:34 PM »

Frankly I have my doubts as to whether Head On can do anything for a headache. It sounds like medicine show stuff. But, maybe it cools the skin and provides some soothing balm.

I mean the commercial cleverly makes zero claims whatsoever. Just tells you where to apply it.

I am with you, Rodzinski.  I can't imagine that something that your rub on your forehead can do anything to relieve the pain of a regular headache, let alone a migraine.  If it works it is amazing.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »

Sweet Otto!

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 12:52:40 PM »

I just ordered two vintage (1947, 1957) and one new (2002)Egyptian DVDs.

I have seen one Egyptian movie, a musical comedy from the 40s, and it was so much fun! Just like the American musical comedies of that same era. So I am hoping these are just as good!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:53:27 PM by MBarnum »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »

I am with you, Rodzinski.  I can't imagine that something that your rub on your forehead can do anything to relieve the pain of a regular headache, let alone a migraine.  If it works it is amazing.

Right, and if it is amazing, it is so amazing that we would have heard about it on the news or some science program.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 12:57:08 PM by Rodzinski »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »

You're being a tad harsh. A simple geographic breakdown of the US would be:

East Coast - Atlantic to the Mississippi
Mid West - Mississippi to the Rocky Mountains
West Coast - the Rockies to the Pacific

The terms "East Coast" and "West Coast" are commonly used without regard to contiguous waters.

der Brucer

No dice. Indiana is not the "East Coast" by any stretch of the imagination. Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio?  Maybe the terms "East" and "West" are used that way. Like if you are in California and you say you are going back East. But for some guy who is staring at a computer and KNOWS I am in New York City to say he is on the East Coast when he is in Kentucky, well, that's legitimately odd.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »

I found these "specs":

A  new headache treatment applied directly to the forehead!
Face your pain Head On™

Safe to use with other medications
Invisible & Non-Greasy
No unwanted side effects
Can be used as often as needed
Homeopathic
Up to 100 applications
Questions? call 1-877-373-3436. Weekdays 9am to 5pm EST or visit  headrelief.com
Keep carton. It contains important information.

**The letters H.P.U.S. indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.

Indications:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to headache.

Directions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adults and children 12 years and older:

apply directly to forehead at first sign of headache
apply generously covering entire forehead surface area as often as necessary
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor.

Store between 15° and 30°C (59° and 86°F)

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Potassium Dichromate (6X H.P.U.S. 0.05% - Pain Reliever**), White Bryony (12X H.P.U.S. 0.04% - Pain Reliever**)

Inactive Ingredients: Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Menthol, Menthyl Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Steareth 21, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Water

Warnings:

For external use only.
Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product.
When using this product - avoid contact with eyes, wounds, mucous membranes, broken or irritated skin. - do not share this product with anyone.  - do not apply a heating pad to forehead.
Stop use and ask a doctor if - an allergic reaction occurs.  Seek medical help right away. - new symptoms occur. - pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days. - skin irritation develops - redness or swelling is present.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Tamper-Evident:  Do not use if safety wrap around tube is broken or missing.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2006, 01:32:03 PM »

Had some different video offerings on tap today. Started off finally finishing THE GIRL MOST LIKELY. This will not go down in my memory as a memorable musical. That Indian number had some intricate choreography for the camera, and the production number in Mexico showed why they tapped Keith Andes to do WILDCAT since he could sing and move quite well.

But for a 98 minute movie, it took me three days to watch it because it was just so dismally directed and plotted. Not one I'll ever want to see again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2006, 01:32:16 PM »

Right, and if it is amazing, it is so amazing that we would have heard about it on the news or some science program.

Well, to me it's obvious that Head On is composed of Micro Miracle Pain Relieving Particles (MMPRP) that, when applied directly to the head, penetrate skin, muscle and skull and flow into the frontal lobes of the brain providing fast, FAST, FAST relief.

I understand these things, because I took Consumer Chemistry in college.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2006, 01:32:51 PM »

Wrote another page.  Picked up a package.  It doesn't look like I can rustle up a food partner, so I don't know what I'll be eating.  I'm getting hungry.  I suppose I could drive over the hill and go to Genghis Cohen and get something to take out, but that's a long drive and it's really hot out today.  I can't do Gelson's, I can't do anything around here.  I'll have to give it some more thought.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2006, 01:36:37 PM »

Watched LOVESPRING INTERNATIONAL which was recorded Monday night off Lifetime. I enjoyed it. It's improvised stuff which doesn't always work, but the actors are fun, and it was a pleasant half hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »

I watched the last episode of THE CLOSER on the second disc in the 4-disc set. It was the one about the autistic child. One of my favorite episodes from the first season.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »

I started watching last night's BOSTON PUBLIC, but I got three phone calls in succession plus one drop-by guest, so I barely got 10 minutes into the show. I'll finish it when I get back into the den this evening.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2006, 01:40:40 PM »

I also saw what it was that I recorded this morning - CAPTAIN FROM CASTILLE off the Fox Movie Channel. I haven't seen this all the way through in a long time, and I'm hoping the Technicolor is breathtaking. That's how I remember it.

I think the movie is upcoming on DVD, but I'm not certain of that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2006, 01:46:17 PM »

We should be getting "The Black Swan", too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2006, 02:00:30 PM »

Exactly.
“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2006, 02:01:33 PM »

Maybe he was working at one of the prison call centers  ;D

I had that thought but had kept it to myself.  Plus, don't they just do retail and government phone work??

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2006, 02:06:18 PM »

No dice. Indiana is not the "East Coast" by any stretch of the imagination. Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio?  

You win - move my boundary from the Mississippi to the Ohio!

Hell, some folks from Pittsburgh PA think they're in the Mid West.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2006, 02:10:24 PM »

Watched LOVESPRING INTERNATIONAL which was recorded Monday night off Lifetime. I enjoyed it. It's improvised stuff which doesn't always work, but the actors are fun, and it was a pleasant half hour.

I've only seen one episode but thought it was pretty good.  I enjoy the receptionist, she played Jan Brady in the recentish movies.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2006, 02:12:31 PM »

I have seen one Egyptian movie, a musical comedy from the 40s, and it was so much fun! Just like the American musical comedies of that same era. So I am hoping these are just as good!

And you can't think of any other reason you might want to watch them?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

This Page 3 is beginning to feel like that movie GROUNDHOG DAY.  I leave this site, and we are on page 3; I come back an hour later, and we are still on page 3.

Do I have to ask my friend, BK, to get out his bitch-slapping machine???
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

Until I moved to New Jersey, I would never have thought of Ohio as being an East Coast state.  To me, Ohio was somewhere in the middle of the country.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »

Nice - now you have a seat on the Terrorist Watch List 8)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »

Matthew, my friend wants to know what breed of dog Otto is.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2006, 02:33:17 PM »

West of the 100th meridian  to the Rockies is the Great Plains
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »

Matthew, my friend wants to know what breed of dog Otto is.

Otto is a Miniature Schnauzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2006, 02:35:29 PM »

Tpunk, I think it is a Schnauzer of some type...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2006, 02:35:53 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Mr. Mark Bakalor!!  Have a splendid day!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up