Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GONNA BE ANOTHER HOT DAY  (Read 19305 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GONNA BE ANOTHER HOT DAY
« on: June 30, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were cool even though the author was hot, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently sitting in an air-cooled motion picture theater watching a moovie.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:10:43 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:GONNA BE ANOTHER HOT DAY
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:17 AM »

And the word of the day is: TROPOPHILOUS!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:34:12 AM »

TOTD:

DVD BBC Series "Blackpool"

CDs: 1."Chronicles" - best of Eric Clapton
         2.   Best of Steve Forbert.

I've ordered the sequel from Amazon:

Best of Bert ForSteve
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:22:29 AM »

Isn't that what Dorothy McGuire said to her sister when their father got mad:  Tro pop Phyllis?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:24:43 AM »

TOD:

My FLOSING WEEDS dvd arrived yesterday, and I am watching the siletn version.  Also looking for some music to use for DEATH BY CHOCOLATE...tried some SUPERMAN cues from the MR BK-produced CD, but they are not quite right for this show....tried some Ronald Stein tracks from the MR BK-produced CD...that is closer!!

Great news from DR ELMORE...and I am INTRIGUED and non-PLUSSED by the idea of the THE TRAGIC LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN.

Hope Walty gets better, DR TPUNK....I think the vet is the answer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 01:25:47 AM »

Why am I up at 4:20 am?

Why is there no air conditioning at Chez Kimmel?

Why did I say I would direct HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS next summer?

Why is there air?  Bill Cosby says it's to fill up volleyballs.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:44:26 AM »

Last night, I watched the first episodes of Cosmos, by Carl Sagan, and the Young People's Concerts by Leonard Bernstein.  Or rather, I tried to watch them.  I admit I fell asleep during the latter.

I'd have thought I'd have fallen asleep because of Sagan's droning, not because of Bernstein.  Oh, well.

And I've started reading Michael Ruhlman's House, a Memoir.  It's not about the television series, but about an actual house Ruhlman and his wife bought in Cleveland.  It's the first of his books I've read that isn't about food or cooking.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 03:47:46 AM »

Why is there air?  Bill Cosby says it's to fill up volleyballs.
No, his girlfriend, who was a Phys-Ed major, said that.

Or was it that he was the Phys-Ed major, and she the philosophy student?  I forget.

I do remember how he got rid of a major headache by taking Mydol.

And driving up and down in San Francisco.  And encountering stop signs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 03:48:50 AM »

And now, to work already.

An eight-hour day, instead of the usual six.

But they've scheduled a lunch break for me.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:13 AM »

And I am at my desk for the last day before a vacation. We are closed on Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4 and I have taken the rest of the week off. Anthony returns on July 3 and we will be heading out to Long Island for a mini-vacation so I won't be able to meet Matthew and DP at Joe Allen's. Next time!

Sorry to hear about Walty! I'm sure it's nothing serious but I know that I would have him checked out before I left also. It will make Jason's job easier too.

A get-together at Fred and Skip's sounds faboo!!! We New Yorkers are a congenial bunch, aren't we?

I'm going to the theatre tonight to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore. On Saturday I will watch Episode 10 of the current Sopranos season. I believe there are 3 left (before the final 8 to be filmed and broadcast sometime next year) and I will watch them when we get out to Long Island. Sunday I'm going to see (finally, it's been running for years) I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change (which, of course, was recorded/produced by BK). A friend feels he should see it because he's right for the show. It's always on TDF so we got cheap tickets.

At the office I have Forever Plaid (a favorite of DR Laura), Grease (OCR), Guys and Dolls (original original OCR, not the Nathan Lane revival), How Now, Dow Jones (OCR), Bye, Bye Birdie (OCR), Do I Hear a Waltz (OCR, not the BK-produced recording), City of Angels (NY OCR, I'm not a big fan of the London cast recording, I've heard it a few times and since Anthony likes it, I gave that copy to him) and finally, Evita (OCR). This should keep me busy as I work on the last 40 pages of the AT&T Foundation. I hope to finish this by 4pm so I don't have anything on my desk as I take off 3 days.

I'll be back later.

FJL

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:14:33 AM »

Hmmm. I tried to google the whole lyric frpom Street Scene and typed in "ain't it awful the heat" and the word lyric.  Google asked me whether I meant to type "ain't it awful the heart" - now that could make a vile song.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:20:41 AM »

Why did I say I would direct HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS next summer?

Because it's a super fun show, and you knew I'd be tempted to relocate and audition!  ;D

FJL

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »

More wellness vibes for Walty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 05:23:18 AM »

Well I'm up about 45 minutes earlier than I wanted to be but I always get a little anxious before a trip.  Walty seems to be doing okay- but for my peace of mind I'm going to call around to see if I can get him in to see a vet.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 05:44:48 AM »

And Walty wishes to thank everyone for the vibes.

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 06:13:14 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  My computer here at work has me convinced that I forgot to log off HHW last night, so it must have looked like I was sitting here like so much fish.  I was home enjoying the fried chicken dinner that DH Richard prepared, then playing with The Library Thing, which is very addictive.  Search for user name MrsChocolate to see my presence there!

TOD - CD(car) - finished audiobook Foul Matter by Martha Grimes and started The Whole World Over by Julia Glass.  There better be a good explanation as to why the administrative assistant to the governor of New Mexico sounds like Scarlett O'Hara!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 06:14:48 AM »

Good morning, all!  DR JRand55, the closest analogy I can make about the tone of THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN is that it's something like a Charles Ludlum play for the Theatre of the Ridiculous or a Charles Busch play like PSYCHO BEACH PARTY (play, not movie) with a score by Bacharach and Richard Rodgers.  I hope the authors will forgive me for reducing it so simplistically.

!!!!!!SAFE VIBES FOR TPUNK & RODZINSKI AND THE CATS!!!!!!

For some reason, this PC of my brother's refuses to do anything with size, color and marqueeing that I can do on my eMac.  It's quite frustrating!

TOD:  I miss my VCR!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 06:22:36 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 06:23:13 AM »

And I miss my eMac!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 06:32:11 AM »

And I miss my eMac!

Wanna go with Richard and me to buy an iBook on Sunday?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »

Vacation vibes to DRs Ben, TPunk, Rodzinski, Jane, Matthew, and others - I envy all of you!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 07:35:31 AM »

Good morning!

Another hot day here, too. Thankfully, the A/C is working; otherwise it would be as unbearable as bk's stifling temperatures. My house likewise can stay cool well for a time, but once it gets hot out and doesn't cool off during the night, I have to run the A/C or risk withering.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 07:36:27 AM »

Yes, indeed, good travel/vacation wishes to all on the go this weekend. Glad to say I'm staying put and enjoying the quiet. Many friends will be out of town next week, so it's going to be a very quiet week for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 07:37:56 AM »

DR TPunk, thanks for the heads up on a guest from Season 1 returning this week on THE CLOSER. I don't normally watch previews of shows, so I had no idea what you were talking about.

Since that Doug Sills episode certainly did end with a vague promise that she hadn't seen the last of him, it could very well be him.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 07:38:40 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 07:42:03 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - SUBWAYS ARE FOR SLEEPING (OCR)

DVD - THE CLOSER, Season 1, disc 4
          CHARLIE CHAN IN PARIS
          MY BLUE HEAVEN (Betty Grable)

DVR - LOOK UP IN THE SKY! The Story of Superman
          BOFFO!
          CAPTAIN FROM CASTILLE

laserdisc - THE CLOCK

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »

Well, I got a little sleep anyway.  It cooled off a tiny bit during the overnight hours.  It's already getting warm outside.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »

This morning I have to go sit at the office; there isn't anything for me to do, since the printer guy hasn't been back to fix the machine yet.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:45 AM »

I don't want to hear anything more about Star Jones or Brittney Spears.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 08:21:21 AM »

RE: the Star Jones controversy.

I can't stand the woman, but I'm so over all this DRAMA. Not having a contract option renewed is NOT the same as being fired. Life goes on.

I wish they had gotten rid of her years ago. I've always found her unbearable and one of the reasons I never watched the show regularly. The few times there were people on I wanted to see (Hugh Jackman, CHristopher Meloni), I had to endure her hautiness and superior attitude.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »

Off to get cleaned up so I can run my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 08:43:41 AM »

BK, I never get tired of watching PERRY MASON...even though I may have seen an episode numerous times (the show has played steadily on channel 12 at noon ever since 1969..and still does).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up