Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GONNA BE ANOTHER HOT DAY  (Read 19306 times)

FJL

Re:GONNA BE ANOTHER HOT DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »

And one for Molar!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 11:33:24 AM »

(since I did bring up my chipped tooth)

FJL

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »

I'm looking forward to this coming year's Encores series:  FOLLIES, FACE THE MUSIC and a new revue featuring material from old revues (I'm willing to bet some of those have been answers to HHW trivia questions  :) ).  There's lots of talk about Encores' mission, but I think missions developed over a decade ago need to be allowed to evolve - and frankly, the program, while technically non-profit, needs to be able to support itself at least partially with ticket sales.

FJL

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »

Gosh, I'm feeling opinionated today.  I don't know what's bringing this out in me.

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:30 AM »

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 11:51:06 AM »

Skip just called.  He's on his way with the cooking school dish of the day.  

Unfortunately, today is the final class.  :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 12:33:32 PM »

Mr. Air Conditioning Man is here trying to make the fershluganah air conditioning work.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 12:34:07 PM »

I'm so excited to go to Genghis Cohen later - no food until then and I did a full jog today.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:03 PM »

The london broil was exquisite.  

I have to meet friends for dinner at 6, but I can always order light then - just to be social.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 01:07:04 PM »

The circuit board on the air conditioning control panel is the culprit - it's kaput.  Mr. Air Conditioning Man is going out now for an hour to get a new one, then he'll install it and all will be well.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »

Got my errands done in reord time, and thank goodness since it's very hot and humid in the extreme outside. I supposed I'm going to mow the front lawn this evening, but I'll wait until the sun is almost down.

And I have the kitchen floor to mop as well. Turning into a FUN day for me.  NOT!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 01:19:05 PM »

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed LOOK UP IN THE SKY. The Superman legend seemed to have been covered thoroughly with this documentary, and what a surprise to see SUPERPUP and the first SUperboy pilot which I had never seen before. SUPERPUP was god-awful, of course, but filmed on the same sets as George Reeves' SUPERMAN. Amazing! I had NO idea about this.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2006, 01:20:56 PM »

BOFFO I didn't care for much. A bunch of smug, self-satisfied Hollywood folks describing their high and low points, but it's very hit and miss. Even people I normally like very much like Morgan Freeman were very irritating to me in this.

I watched the whole thing, but it was immediately erased when it was over. Never want to endure this again.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »

Then, I got about 35 minutes into CAPTAIN FROM CASTILE. Oh, this is going to be a gorgeous DVD when it finally comes out! Color exquisite and the wonderful Alfred Newman score given the stereo treatment. Very few blemishes on the Fox Movie Channel transfer, too. I haven't seen this in a long, long time all the way through, so I'll look forward to finishing it later.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

And with nothing for me on TV tonight, I should be able to get through BROTHERS GRIMM as well. That will clear two long films off the DVR.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2006, 01:26:46 PM »

Here's some wonderful news off the internet:

"TNT picking up The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwick, for a third season, the network announced. The renewal comes two weeks after the second season premiere set a record for a basic cable original scripted series with 8.3 million viewers."

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2006, 01:35:53 PM »

My co-workers and fellow volunteers at GMHC just surprised me with a small celebration of my graduation.  We had assorted deserts from Whole Foods (yum!) and they gave me an American Express gift card.  Such a lovely surprise!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2006, 01:42:03 PM »

Hi all!  I took the day off to help my friend Paul do his annual mural on the water tower  for Saturday in the Park. Well he had to leave to take his mom to the doctor and the other artist who helps him had to teach a class, so I was there painting away when the newspaper photographer showed up to do the annual story about the annual mural.   He didn't want to wait for Paul to get back, so he took photos of me painting. Then Heather - GF of the other artist, showed up to help me.  SO, she was in the photos too. So, we'll be in the photos and the story will be all about Paul, lol.   I guess this will officially make me an artist, lol
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:43:27 PM by Cillaliz »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2006, 01:42:27 PM »

Walty update- sorry to bombard with these, feel free to scroll on by- he's spending the afternoon at the vet.  He is indeed backed up so to speak and is going to have to undergo sedation so that they can treat him.  Afterward they'll groom him and then he can come home.  They wanted to keep him overnight but I explained our travel situation and they agreed to speed up his service so that he could come home tonight since they won't be open tomorrow at 4AM when we have to leave.

I'm glad that it was an easily diagnosable problem and that he can be treated but I feel terrible about the timing.  I'm also worried that he won't be able to come home tonight but I guess then we will just board him there until we get back.

My poor baby!

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2006, 01:45:50 PM »

Walty update- sorry to bombard with these, feel free to scroll on by- he's spending the afternoon at the vet.  He is indeed backed up so to speak and is going to have to undergo sedation so that they can treat him.  Afterward they'll groom him and then he can come home.  They wanted to keep him overnight but I explained our travel situation and they agreed to speed up his service so that he could come home tonight since they won't be open tomorrow at 4AM when we have to leave.

I'm glad that it was an easily diagnosable problem and that he can be treated but I feel terrible about the timing.  I'm also worried that he won't be able to come home tonight but I guess then we will just board him there until we get back.

My poor baby!

I'm really glad you took him in.  Those were the symptoms Callie was having a year and a half ago when I left for Christmas. I found out Christmas day she was REALLY sick when I called the people watching her.  So I had to rush back and get her in on an emergency basis.   You did the right thing. He'll be fine now that they can treat him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »

In our cat land we are making progress.  Last night they stared and growled at each other. Today Callie sat in the hallway and Bootsie in the guestroom and they stared at each other through the open door.  It wasn't until Bootsie started to leave the room that there was a little hissing.   After I put her back in her room, she went into the carrier. I'm not sure if she was looking for security or saying "Get me out of this place".   I'm thinking in the next day or two they will be getting along fine.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »

GET WELL VIBES FOR WALTY~!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2006, 01:52:10 PM »

I think I might go to the Big Parade tonight. It's part of the Mardi Gras celebration complete with big balloons - like the Macy's parade and floats and mardi gras beads.   But this is Iowa, no one will be showing their girls to get some beads.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2006, 02:08:03 PM »

I don't want to hear anything more about Star Jones or Brittney Spears.

AMEN!!!

THey are driving me nuts!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2006, 02:14:51 PM »

I'm glad to hear that Walty is treatable. I remember when we had to have Sasha treated like that -- sweet, mild, cooperative Sasha turned near-feral. But then they didn't sedate her.

Good to hear that Bootsie and Callie are moving towards getting along.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »

Vacation vibes to those all going on vacation... Have a lovely time...

AC vibes for BK!!

continued vibes for Bootsie....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »

Hmmm, killing time before I have to start shutting library and I was browsing the web and I noted the line up for Norsk Hostfest in Minot, ND in October...

I know a number of you enjoy Liza Minnelli and you could always come to North Dakota....

http://www.hostfest.com/concerts/index.asp

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »

The circuit board has been discontinued.  What a revoltin' development this is.  He's trying to do something to get it fixed today - I've basically told them that the house is uninhabitable at eighty-five degrees, which it will be by this evening.  I also have to leave at four-twenty, so it has to be done by then.  They're supposed to call me back shortly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 02:41:39 PM »

Yikes!! Not a good deal at all...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2006, 02:52:13 PM »

Page...................
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up