Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN BUSINESS  (Read 23138 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BACK IN BUSINESS
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2006, 08:00:34 PM »

Welcome to Page Seven!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »

And on that note - a low A (bottom of the keyboard) - I shall be heading out and getting ready for bed.  I got an early morning ahead of me in a few hours.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »

Dear Reader Laura - How is Oak Creek Canyon? Did you drive it  or did you go up the interstate.....or was it my fav drive up through Pine around through Flag and down the canyon to Sedona?  

I do miss that part of Az sometimes

We didn't go through it today. The fire was finally contained this week, I heard.  The merchants of Sedona are begging for people to come spend money.  Oak Creek Canyon is where we honeymooned so many years ago.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »

DR Laura, you do take great photos

Thanks. You didn't see the 50 I deleted, though.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2006, 08:07:53 PM »

Hello All!  I have not caught up.  It has been a very hectic few days between  hosting a little 2nd of July family barbeque, spending as mucgh "face time" as possible with my btrother and his family before their move to OHIO on Monday the 10th, having my niece over for a sleepover, clearing out the office and leaving things nice for my former co workers and starting the new job!

WHEW!!

I did catch up on today and was pleased to see that elmore's dad is feeling well enough to be cantankerous.

I am going to try to catch up over the next few days... but right now I am TIRED!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2006, 08:19:42 PM »

Had some fun video experiences tonight. I began with two episodes of THE CLOSER from season one including my favorite episode with Jason O'Mara and Jefferson Mays as the guest stars.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »

Next I watched the last of the Charlie Chan movies from the boxed set - CHARLIE CHAN IN LONDON. I think I saw this long ago but didn't remember anything about the case at all, and I did guess the identity of the murderer which is always fun.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »

DR Elmore, I haven't mentioned how nice it is to have good news about your father.

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »

The Charlie Chan featurette on the disc was fairly average in interest, but there were some VERY revealing restoration comparisons showing examples of the amount of work which went into getting the films to look even passable on DVD.

What impressed me most was how much they removed jittering from the films on their way to final DVD transfers. Very amazing the hundreds of hours of work that went into these films.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2006, 08:26:38 PM »

To round out the evening I watched a couple of episodes of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. I have the first five seasons (the black and white years and the years when Don Knotts was a regular on the show), and tonight I chose two episodes from season 2.

The first episode had Bill Bixby as a guest star playing a spoiled young man arrested for reckless driving.

The second episode guest starred Everett Sloane as a moonshiner who accused Opie of burning down his barn.

What delightfully funny and warm shows these were. THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW is one of those programs that I never tire of watching.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:27:25 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2006, 08:28:13 PM »

So, it'll be tomorrow before I get to the puppets of WORLD POLICE.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2006, 08:54:37 PM »

Hello All!  I have not caught up.  It has been a very hectic few days between  hosting a little 2nd of July family barbeque, spending as mucgh "face time" as possible with my btrother and his family before their move to OHIO on Monday the 10th, having my niece over for a sleepover, clearing out the office and leaving things nice for my former co workers and starting the new job!

WHEW!!

I did catch up on today and was pleased to see that elmore's dad is feeling well enough to be cantankerous.

I am going to try to catch up over the next few days... but right now I am TIRED!!

You have indeed been busy.. Good moving vibes to your brother and his family!!

Great vibes on the new job...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »

On the way to bed now.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2006, 09:16:55 PM »

Back from a sparklingly sparkling dinner with Rodzinski and his ever-lovin' TPunk - TPunk looked beautiful, I must say.  Rodzinski had the pounded steak with country gravy (I know Pogue is now jealously jealous), TPunk had spaghetti with mushroom sauce, and I had the Combo Louie and only ate half the bowl of dressing.  Hopefully, between the jog and the fact that it was my only meal o' the day, I won't gain.  We laughed and laughed and just when we thought we could laugh no more, we laughed again.  Other things happened, but I'll talk about them in Ye Olde Notes.  

The DVDs were here on the porch upon my return, and I must say they look pretty swellegant.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »

Good think TCB did not make it down there... Or, Or they just might have disappeared...

Looking forward to Deceit... as are many other Matt fans...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »

Glad you had a lovely evening with TPunk and Rodzinski...

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »

I'm jealously jealous.  Only half a half bowl of dressing, not your usual bowl and half?  Of course, just half a bowl is half is 8,000 calories.  Meal for the day?  You're through eating for the week, mister!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2006, 09:48:37 PM »

And where are the pictures?  I hope you got one of your curmudgeonly waiter, just so I could get nostalgic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »

Have to upload the photographs - no waiter, but a lovely shot of BREAD PUDDING!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2006, 12:10:01 AM »

We sit here at 198 postings since ten o'clock and no one can be bothered to show up and post because we are populated with nothing but WUSSBURGERS these days.  Are we all OLD PEOPLE here?  You have to get in bed by ten?  What happened to the days when we would stay up all the livelong night and have FUN?  Blechhh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2006, 12:10:25 AM »

Less than four hundred postings until my new plateau.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up