Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YE NEWE NOTES  (Read 49222 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
YE NEWE NOTES
« on: July 06, 2006, 12:11:52 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were all newe to you, and now it is time to post until Ye Olde Cows come home.  To it, I say.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:10:45 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:YE NEWE NOTES
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:13:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: PTYALISM!

And that's nothing to spit at.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:14:25 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday to Andrea.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:15:31 AM »

PTYALISM, baby, PTYALISM!  That's what I'M talkin' about.

And now - Dino at the piano, playing Music to WUSSBURGER By.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 12:32:06 AM »

Here are promised photographs.  First, TPunk and her ever-lovin' Rodzinski, in the famous Musso and Frank booth.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 12:33:17 AM »

Next, beautiful TPunk, Rodzinski, and the beloved Musso and Frank Bread Pudding (or what was left of it).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 12:34:05 AM »

Next we have TPunk, me, and our beloved Dino at the piano.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:35:19 AM »

Finally, we have TPunk, me, and my favorite picture of teenage Jeanne - wowser!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 04:00:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: PTYALISM!

And that's nothing to spit at.
My Flemish, MISTY PAL MAY SPLIT if confronted with a SLIMY TAP full of PTYALISM.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:04:54 AM »

Marty, our big ol' lab, has been known to exhibit ptyalism when der Brucer or I have had a treat and he's known he's going to get some.  But he's very patient, and doesn't pest.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 05:04:15 AM »

Work beckons.

TV detectives are more what der Brucer enjoys.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 05:16:19 AM »

On of my favorite's is Columbo whose first name turns out to be
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 05:27:51 AM »

Sorry accidently hit the post button.

My favorite episode was the episode where the murderer got away with it.

The episode guest starred Sam Jaffee, (the victim), Janet Leigh (the killer) and John Payne (arrested for the murder).

Janet Leigh was an actress trying to make a comeback and her husband (Jaffe) was trying to put they kybosh on it. Unknown to Leigh but to Payne, but she was dying of a brain tumor.

Leigh didn't remember the murder or even doing it. (The Brain Tumor) Payne who was in love with Leigh admits to it so she can be happy with the time she has left. Columbo agrees to the deception and Payne says he will recant when she dies.

It was fun to see film clips from Leigh's musical Walking My Baby Back Home. It was also strange to see Payne not looking anything like the way he did when he was younger. My mother told me he was in car accident and his face was reconstructed.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:14 AM »

Weren't they announced this morning?

I have a feeling I won't be nominated again this year. I think that makes 26 years in a row. Damn!
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 06:09:03 AM »

I don't expect a nomination either, DR MS....but hope springs eternal.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 06:11:58 AM »

Well Spencer & Bailey whose offices were at 77 Sunset Strip were pretty nifty....and they were joined by Gerald Kookson a bit later.

And the boys at Surfside Six were mighty fine, too.

Paul Drake was Mr Perry Mason's right hand man ALWAYS coming in the with clue just in time.

I can't choose a favorite, at the moment....but very close would be THE STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO, a Quinn Martin production with Mr Karl Malden and Mr Michael Douglad.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 06:28:54 AM »

Great pics of the visit of DRS TPUNK & RODZINSKI.  (And Jeanne)

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 06:50:17 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Lovely photos of BK, TPunk, Rodzinski, Jeanne, and Dino.

TOD - I have fond memories of watching Gene Barry's Burke's Law with my dad back in the early 1960's.  Later in the '60's, one of my college roommates, her boyfriend, and I watched Mannix after attending Michigan football games.  Nowadays, it's Mark Harmon and crew in NCIS.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 07:13:17 AM »

Wonderful pics of the wonderful TPunk (what a cool ring she is wearing!) and Rodzinski, BK!!

And Jeanne is a cutie, now show some of the prom pics!

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 07:16:22 AM »

TOD:

Perry Mason of course, although I am streching the definition of detective! Favorite episode is CASE OF THE BOGUS BOOKS with the lovely Allison Hayes conspiring to alter first edition books.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 07:42:37 AM »

Good morning!

It was pouring down rain when I woke up and continued to rain for the next hour. It's stopped for the moment, but the forecast is for more this afternoon.

Another inside day for me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 07:50:29 AM »

I have spent the last hour perusing this year's Emmy nominations. Among the happiest surprises:

Christopher Meloni nominated for Oustanding Drama Actor. After years of wonderful performances on shows like OZ and a couple of his own comedy series, he finally gets nominated. I couldn't be more thrilled for him!

Lisa Kudrow's nomination as Best Comedy Actress for THE COMEBACK, one of the most unfairly judged and underappreciated comedy shows in the past year. Michael Patrick King also got nominated for directing the series finale episode.

THE OFFICE garnering a Best Comedy Series nomination and Steve Carrell being nominated for Best Comedy Actor. Love him and love the show.

Stockard Channing getting a nomination as Best Comedy Actress for OUT OF PRACTICE, another unfairly dumped comedy series that deserved far better treatment from its network.

Leslie Jordan winning a guest actor nomination playing Beverley Leslie on WILL & GRACE.

Among the disappointing shocks:

No nomination for any of the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, not even Marcia Cross who had a masterful year on the show.

LOST not being nominated for Best Drama Series after winning the award last year. This year's show was just as riveting.

No nominations for any of the artistic personnel of THE SHIELD, one of the best dramatic shows on TV. I was certain Forest Whitaker would score a supporting actor nomination. Nope. Nothing for anyone on the show.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 07:51:30 AM »

I too was a BURKE'S LAW fan with all it's fabulous guest stars, usually playing eccentric suspects.

SUNSET STRIP was a weekly, I enjoyed the American Living Network's revival of the shows and I also got into Hawaiian Eye, especially that crazzzzy theme song.

Though not really detectives, I suppose, I loved THE UNTOUCHABLES!  The best!

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 07:52:41 AM »

SIX FEET UNDER got a number of prestiege nominations (Best Actor and Actress for Peter Krause and Frances Conroy, best writing and direction for Alan Ball for the series finale), but the show wasn't nominated for Best Drama Series.

The nominees (all deserving): '24,' GREY'S ANATOMY, THE SOPRANOS, HOUSE, THE WEST WING.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 07:54:37 AM »

I've said this before, but my all-time favorite detective/mystery series was ELLERY QUEEN with Jim Hutton. It only ran for one season, but those mysteries were the most well written, tight, and surprising hour mysteries I've ever seen on TV. It was also done in period (late 1940s) which gave the show even more allure.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 07:57:46 AM »

Loved the pics of HHW favorites Rodzinski, TPunk, and bk. The album cover was hilarious.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 08:00:39 AM »

Well, actually one Desperate Housewife DID get nominated: Alfre Woodard was nominated as Best Supporting Actress for that uninteresting and underwritten role of Betty Applewhite! The EMmys are sometimes really unbelievable.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »

I'm having a real "Dilbert Day" here in the ol' cube farm.  There are IT goons fooling with the wiring and "checking" stuff on our computers - hollering across the room in the process.  And I had to spend about an hour untangling a snafu with our doctor's office that, in the end, resulted in my losing an appointment that I'd made several months ago.  Can they not tell the difference between my mother-in-law and myself?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 08:13:09 AM »

Hiya - I love the photos!!! I WANT TPunk's white dress - so pretty. Was Jeanne in our drama class? I don't recognize her at all. A lovely girl. Show us pix of the Prom!!!

Yesterday was cold and cloudy, today is more of the same. I was on the phone quite a lot, arranging for my nephew's motorhome to be fixed in San Antonio (his grandfather just died and left it to him) while said nephew is in Montana on a research project. I'll have to go to Texas next week and drive the thing to LA to my brother's house - then the boy can live in it while he's in grad school at UC Santa Cruz. I called a few trailer parks up there to get prices and reservation info. Sheesh! Lots to do... and he's already toilet trained and literate! Still, it is a pleasure to be able to help him out. What a great boy! He gets back to Seattle Aug. 1 - I'll help him pack up and move down to Santa Cruz. At some point, he just HAS to get his driver's license...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 08:16:28 AM »

I noticed that the DVR picked up TWO TICKETS TO BROADWAY this morning which I've never seen before. So I know one thing I'm going to be watching today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up