Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YE NEWE NOTES  (Read 49217 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:YE NEWE NOTES
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2006, 02:43:33 PM »

Lovely pictures of TPunk and Rodz with bk.... They all looked like they were having a lovely time..

bk, Jeanne is a lovely lady...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2006, 02:43:51 PM »

Page 4 dance....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

Elmore, sorry to hear what transpired and i do send good vibes. Your patience and fortitude is indeed a blessing.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2006, 02:54:11 PM »

Going to clean the bedroom areas now.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2006, 02:55:13 PM »

nice job DR Laura... THey have a shaker style influence....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »

DR Elmore:

Since your father has felt it necessary to withdraw from the angry son's house into another, it might be wise for "someone" to suggest to the angry son that your father might think to divide his property 50-50, cutting out the angry son altogether.

I'll bet 33 1/3% of something would seem much better to him than nothing whatsoever.

It's truly sad when some "heirs" presume to believe they're more entitled than others, despite the wishes of the person they've inherited from.

Thanks, DR RonPulliam!  I think the angry brother is now trying to mend fences, and I've already resolved to let bygones be bygones.  However, he and spouse have a lot of egg to wipe off their faces from yesterday and it's going to be an uphill climb for the rest of my visit.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

Was I mixing metaphors?

My angry brother was just here, primarily I believe, to check out the lay of the land.  We were cordial, and my other brother and father were here as well, watching the 5:00 news.  I know he's embarassed that too much beer and his wife got him going, and I'm not going to hold a grudge.  My hurt feelings will heal.  The truth is, I love my brothers, and I won't let this megillah separate us.  

I'm really not being noble; I am quite proud of my two brothers' accomplishments and abilities.  Always have been and always will.  I still want to kick his ass today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »

Happy to announce that all 90 packages have been shipped out.  Spent one hour at the post office watching them get stamped.

New dear reader Jeanne:  The proper term is hainsies/kimlets.  Hainsians sounds like some cult or something.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »

Well we all do come here to be enlightened.... :)

I have been enjoying this board... Lots of sparkling personalities...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2006, 04:30:35 PM »

I don't expect a nomination either, DR MS....but hope springs eternal.

I will not seek nor accept the nomination; and if elected, I will refuse to serve.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2006, 04:38:02 PM »

I will not seek nor accept the nomination; and if elected, I will refuse to serve.
[/i]

An emmy nomination or dinner??

ON that note, I am a bit hungry.....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2006, 04:44:13 PM »

T.O.D.

Another vote for BURKE'S LAW
MURDER SHE WROTE
RIPTIDE (Joe Penny, Perry King, Thomas Bray)
THE THIN MAN

Currently, I love NCIS and NUMB3RS, although NUmb3rs is not really a detective show
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

Hainsians sounds like some cult or something.

And your point is....?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »

Gonna take the garbage down to town and take a bag of old clothes to the thrift shop today. Too cold and wet to do any weedage... where the heck is my summer???

Where the heck are you living?  It was neither cold or wet in Tacoma today.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:05:56 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2006, 04:47:22 PM »

oops - she's gone...

I guess she did remember you!
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »

Take this, TOM!

Access Hollywood

Tom Cruise's Least Fave 'South Park' Episode Up For Emmy

LOS ANGELES (July 6, 2006) -- One of the Emmy nominees for best animated program is the episode of "South Park" that's said to have angered Tom Cruise and Isaac Hayes.

The episode called "Trapped in the Closet" implies that Cruise is gay and makes fun of Scientology.

Cruise's fellow Scientologist Isaac Hayes reportedly quit because he was upset with the episode. And when it came time to rerun it, Cruise allegedly called Comedy Central and demanded that it be pulled. It was, even though Cruise's people denied he asked for it.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »

Ragtop Melody

Lake Tahoe neighborhood, in Stateline, Nev., in this Sunday, July 2, 2006 file photo. The bear drew a crowd of spectators as it munched on barbecue-chicken-and-jalapeno pizza in the back seat of the 1964 Buick Skylark. It also apparently washed it down with a swig of a Jack Daniel's mixer, an Absolut vodka and tonic, and a beer taken from a cooler, the vehicle's owner said. (AP Photo/Jerry Patterson via The Tahoe Daily Tribune)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2006, 04:53:54 PM »

Currently, I love NCIS and NUMB3RS, although NUmb3rs is not really a detective show\

Sounds like a case of Harmon/Morrow lust to me!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2006, 05:04:52 PM »

Happy to announce that all 90 packages have been shipped out.  Spent one hour at the post office watching them get stamped.

New dear reader Jeanne:  The proper term is hainsies/kimlets.  Hainsians sounds like some cult or something.

Oh.  But aren't we just three lunar cycles from returning to heaven in that rocket in your backyard?
Or was that a secret?
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

WoPo - to gladden some HHW hearts:

Ken Lay's Last Evasion
To Some, CEO Is Cheating Them One More Time
By Henry Allen
Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, July 6, 2006; Page C01

Many people had looked forward to knowing more about Ken Lay, especially how he liked prison.

But now that he's died of a heart attack in the luxury of his Colorado getaway while awaiting sentencing for his crimes, none of his victims will be able to contemplate that he's locked away in a place that makes the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel look like Hawaii; that he might be spending long nights locked in a cell with a panting tattooed monster named Sumo, a man of strange and constant demands; and long days in the prison laundry or jute mill or license plate factory, gibbering with anguish as fire-eyed psychopaths stare at him for unblinking hours while they sharpen spoons into jailhouse stilettos.

He will not be ground into gray jailhouse paste by listening to the eardrum-scarring symphony of 131-decibel despair that is the Muzak of penitentiaries, by gagging on the dead prison air, by choking on the deader food, by watching the blue sky taunt him with freedom over the exercise yard, and by feeling his nervous system rent by the cruel grenades of memories -- explosions of nostalgia for the days when he knew he'd be swanning forever through the comfy laps and cool lawns of luxury and infinite possibility. Sweet Gulfstreams through sweet skies, the pools, the jewels, the Maybach limousines, a life in which he didn't just pimp his ride, he pimped the entire world as he knew it.

Unfortunately, his death may well mean his conviction will be expunged (or in the words of a FoxNewsHead channeling Sheridan: "his conviction will be extinguished".)

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2006, 05:08:50 PM »

Sounds like a case of Harmon/Morrow lust to me!

der Brucer

Rob Morrow?  You must be kidding.
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2006, 05:53:24 PM »

DH Richard, DS Rob, and I went to Java Johnny's for dinner tonight to try out the wireless connection in our new MacBook.  It was very crowded because a high school classmate (Curly, their junior year) of Rob's was playing guitar and performing the songs he'd written.  Rob saw many high school friends, including the wonderful Tevye from senior year.  The wireless works fine, BTW.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »

What in the world has happened here?  Two posts in like forever?  This will not do!!!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »

Our neighbor's dog Molly is staying with us for a few days and nights.  Toby and Dylan's reaction to this sleepover should be interesting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2006, 07:23:58 PM »

Today was my first day back at work after seven weeks.  I had only planned on working half a day, but I made it through eight hours.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2006, 07:24:55 PM »

......... but, man, am I tired.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2006, 07:26:14 PM »

Our neighbor's dog Molly is staying with us for a few days and nights.  Toby and Dylan's reaction to this sleepover should be interesting.

Thank you for joining in, FJL; I knew I could count on you!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »

Strength vibes to TCB!

FJL

« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »

Family sanity vibes to Elmore!

TCB

• Because I can!