Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LET'S TWIST AGAIN  (Read 53649 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LET'S TWIST AGAIN
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:08:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you twisted like you did last summer whilst reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the contrary cows come home - they're not twisting, they're doing The Jerk.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:15:07 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:LET'S TWIST AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 12:10:16 AM »

And the word of the day is: OPHIOLATRY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 12:15:35 AM »

Since a couple of people asked - here's that photograph of new Dear Reader Jeanne that I was holding in yesterday's photo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 12:16:41 AM »

And here, believe it or not, is the photograph of Jeanne and BK heading off to her prom.  Can you believe it???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »

I just marvel at that.  I have/had no memory of that prom, but the photo does sort of jog something in the nether regions of the windmills of my mind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:31:08 AM »

I also marvel at the fact that there is no one in the jernt but me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:32:05 AM »

Even though I have no clew as to who he is, a happy haineshisway.com birthday to Gunther.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »

I have been most errant and truant these last several evenings.  Mostly because I have my annual evaluation in the morning and one of the things that I wrote that I need to work on is coming to work at a consistent time...I have been getting in anywhere from 9:30 to 10:30 (my regular time is supposed to be 10:00 a.m.).  I'm not a morning person and it seems to be getting worse.  So, I've been trying to get to bed earlier so that I can get up earlier and get to work on time (especially this past week).

It's still not too consistent ::) but I continue to make the attempt. :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:05:52 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

Every time I hear or read the name Gunther, I think of the original cast recording to Das Barbecü and the way J. K. Simmons (I think) pronounced it "Goonther." ;D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:04:46 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 01:09:11 AM »

BK, is Jeanne absolutely sure that it's YOU in the picture??  I mean, with the arm slightly in the way, it might be someone who looks a lot like you, but isn't.  Just a thought. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 01:14:26 AM »

It's me all right - I haven't posted the OTHER photographs, where I am clearly visible.

George

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 01:16:45 AM »

Ahh.

George

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 01:17:29 AM »

In my CD player at work:  the original cast recording of Do Re Mi with Phil Silvers and Nancy Walker.

George

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 01:18:02 AM »

In my DVD player:  Nothing!  I'm waiting for "Deceit." :D Actually, I have a couple of movies from Netflix that I want to watch.  I've had them for a little too long...nothing new there. ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 01:19:11 AM »

Word of the Day. Didn't she drown in O'Shakespeare's play Fitzhamlet.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:46 AM »

TOTD: most recently watched  movies:
   Train Of Life
    The Son's Room.

Music: The film scores for "The Mission" and "The Legend of 1900" and Also David Hobson's Cd "Cinema Paradiso".

I'm still listening to Andrea Griminelli's "Cinema Italiano" most days.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 01:24:26 AM »

And on that note (G-sharp), I'm off to bed so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed (and on time) for my evaluation.  Good night, Tomovoz and BK.

George

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 01:26:12 AM »

(I just hope that I have some clean underwear!)  :o

George

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 01:26:33 AM »

;D

Michael

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 03:11:23 AM »

In my CD player at work:  the original cast recording of Do Re Mi with Phil Silvers and Nancy Walker.

Do Re Mi had the most unique LP Jacket of any cast album ever produced. It was thicker than usuually and it had die cut holes on the front so when you slid theLIP sleeve into it (dayglo orange color?) The drawn image and show logo would appear. The cd cover duplicates what it looked like intact, but cannot duplicate what it looked liked. It was part of my collection before cds came around and my rarities no longer were rare.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 03:12:42 AM »

Re: The Twist documentary.

Did it mention the Batusi that was introduced on the first episode of Batman when he danced with Jill St. John?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 03:57:17 AM »

And here, believe it or not, is the photograph of Jeanne and BK heading off to her prom.  Can you believe it???
Which answers the question, "Does anyone still wear a hat?"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 04:07:06 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 04:06:34 AM »

DVD Player:

[size=20]DOCTOR WHO - The Complete First Season[/size]

Fantastic.

So far, I'm concentrating on the extras.  We've watched the bonus material on Disc One, and the first five eps of Doctor Who Confidential, the documentary series that aired with the stories.  Nice of the Beeb to do that, I think.

Der Brucer is watching it all with me, of course.  I think he was a mite disappointed when I opted to take a nap yesterday afternoon, after the fifth DWC.  So much for his calling the show "that stupid thing."

(In all fairness, I call the crime proceedurals he's addicted to his "happy shows.")

I had to point out to der B that, when re-folded correctly, the outside of the DVD case looks like the TARDIS from the outside.  And the inside of the case looks like the TARDIS from the inside.  Only, I'm not really sure it looks larger on the inside than it does from the outside.  Sad, that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 04:17:05 AM »

I've got to dig through my food book collection.  (Koob doof, for the cognoscenti.)  I finished Bourdain's Nasty Bits, except for his fiction piece at the end, and I really don't care for his fiction.  And I've always got a book about food with me at the store, for reading during breaks (and occasionally sparking conversation with the customers).

So, I've got to find something different to take with me today.  Bookwise.

Danise

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 04:20:41 AM »

Hi all!  Sorry to have been E & T.  There have been rainstorms almost everyday so I couldn't take the laptop to work for fear I would get caught in one of them.

They say it will rain again today as well....   Grrrr.

Wouldn't you know my starting to use the laptop would start the rainy season?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 04:24:58 AM »

I have a case of the dreaded Swimmers Ear.   You would think one would have had to go swimming to get it but not so.  I didn't bother to dry my to short hair the other night and woke up with pain in my ear.

Of course, since I have had this before I knew exactly what I needed.  I called the doctor to phone in a perscription but would they do it?  Noooo.  They want their twenty dollar co pay.  

So I had to take time off from work, drive to Brandon, sit in the waiting room, didn't even SEE the doctor just her aid--who took one look in my ear, confirmed my diagnois (wow what a shocker!) and took another half hour of getting the doctor to sigh the perscription.   Sigh.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 04:26:20 AM »

Drat this summer time no rush, rush hour.  

Gotta fly now!  

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 04:34:40 AM »

Nice to see you, Danise.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 04:35:58 AM »

An old Jew song:

Let's shvitz again
Like we did last summer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 04:38:24 AM »

Time for me to get ready for work.  And I must awaken der Brucer, who will be taking the car in for a check-up.

I'd like to know, exactly where are they going to stick that thermometer in order to take the car's temperature?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up