Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LET'S TWIST AGAIN  (Read 53699 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:LET'S TWIST AGAIN
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 07:53:57 AM »

I read the other day that BMG is now promising the release of the '73 CANDIDE and the '76 MY FAIR LADY revival recordings in August.  But then, they never did release the Sondheim shows they promised last year.

What Sondheim shows did they promise last year?

And OH, BOY!  That "Candide" release is WAY OVERDUE!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 07:54:05 AM »

A friend of mine recommended HEX from BBC America. Supposedly it's like CHARMED with more bite to it. I've never watched CHARMED, but my friend got me interested enough in the HEX premise to give it a try.

Does anyone watch this? (or CHARMED, for that matter?)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2006, 07:55:34 AM »

I'm shocked there hasn't been any BIG BROTHER talk from the DRs here who love the show. DRs Ron? Jennifer? MBarnum (whose beloved Kayser got put in the house on America's vote last night)?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2006, 07:55:52 AM »

Even though I have no clew as to who he is, a happy haineshisway.com birthday to Gunther.

Isn't Gunther the manager of Central Perk, the NYC coffee shop?  I believe he once played Bryce in "Days of Our Lives."

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2006, 07:59:03 AM »

I'm shocked there hasn't been any BIG BROTHER talk from the DRs here who love the show. DRs Ron? Jennifer? MBarnum (whose beloved Kayser got put in the house on America's vote last night)?

Be careful what you ask about......

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2006, 08:02:23 AM »

I know that very few of you are INTO the Big Brother series, but I'm a die-hard fan and have followed each season with equal doses of jubilation and outrage (last year's outcome was OUTRAGEOUS, but it's one instance of true losers winning).

Last night's show, pre-recorded!!!!!, saw 14 people placed in the house (8 of whom --designated by * - were the results of public votes):

From BB6 -- Kaysar*, Howie*, James* and Janelle*
From BB5 -- Jase*, Diane* and Nakomis*
From BB4 -- Alison and Ericka*
From BB3 -- Danielle and Marcellas
From BB2 -- Dr. Will and Mike "Boogie"
From BB1 -- "Chicken" George

SPOILER!

In this first show, Big Brother surprised everyone by allowing the public to put 8 people into the house because, according to Julie Chen, the voting was so close.  

Once folks were settled in, Julie suprised the "houseguests" by telling them two people would be Head of Household.  And their mission was to nominate two people for eviction.  The catch:  If they couldn't agree on both nominees, each would be placed up for eviction in place of anyone else.

Jase and Janelle were the co-Heads of Household winners.

Danielle was the one who sussed out the import of that development and tried to plant the seed of discord by suggesting to Alison and George that if Jase could be convinced to disagree with Janelle then Jase would have "numbers" on his side and Janelle would be evicted, thus eliminating one of the four BB6 alliance that returned from last year.

It was a good idea, but Danielle didn't reckon on Alison overplaying it and putting Jase on his guard.  

Both HOH's agreed...and Danielle and Alison were nominated for eviction.  I'm guessing there will be a veto competition, so all is not set in stone.

Mike "Boogie" and Dr. Will were both extremely obnoxious in the diary room.  Personally, I'd have put up both Will and Mike...Will needs to go since he's the only "former winner" in the house.  

Interestingly, Danielle and Alison are the only two in the house who finished second in their seasons...each having been reviled by most of the houseguests of their years.

Very little was seen in this first episode of Marcellas or Ericka or Diane or Nakomis, and only a bit of James, Howie and Kaysar.

Danielle and Alison did a lot of scheming and trying to get things going hardcore right off the bat.

It should be an interesting summer.  I have favorites, but I'm just going to sit back and let it all happen in front of me without investing any emotions.  Last year's brouhaha wiped me out.

(Players I hated seeing left out were Bunky, Monica,Dana and Ivette, especially since CBS picked "Chicken" George over them as the final contestant to enter the house.  Of all who didn't get in, I was rooting mostly for Ivette since she seemed determined to be a different person from the crazed bitch she seemed to be last summer. CBS also picked Dr. Will and Mike "Boogie"...a very predictable thing, that.  Oddly, Marcellas didn't get a popular vote substantial enough to put him in the house, but he was one of CBS' six entries.)

I have a feeling that the ones not placed in the house may be inserted at later dates.  Just a hunch.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:56:59 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2006, 08:10:09 AM »

I have a feeling that the ones not placed in the house may be inserted at later dates.  Just a hunch.

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! An excellent condensation of last night's events. I turned it off after the selections since I was disgusted that neither Bunky nor Monica got in. It would be great if the "losers" could have a chance to get in, even if it was to mix up the numbers.

A friend called later to tell me about the two head of household stuff since he knew I'd have turned it off immediately when my favorites didn't get picked. I had read some spoilers on the internet so I kind of knew that my favs weren't going in anyway, but I hoped against hope that CBS was bamboozling the public with false information. Alas, no.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »

Now, I must hop in the shower and get cleaned up for my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2006, 08:26:10 AM »

I'm tiiiiiiiiiired.  Perhaps I'll go jog early this morning, although it looks like it's already hot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2006, 08:41:14 AM »

Okay, why is everyone just sitting there like a dead herring in the moonlight?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2006, 08:42:18 AM »

FRIGHT TIME!

From The Grey Lady

July 7, 2006
Hate Groups Are Infiltrating the Military, Group Asserts
By JOHN KIFNER

A decade after the Pentagon declared a zero-tolerance policy for racist hate groups, recruiting shortfalls caused by the war in Iraq have allowed "large numbers of neo-Nazis and skinhead extremists" to infiltrate the military, according to a watchdog organization.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks racist and right-wing militia groups, estimated that the numbers could run into the thousands, citing interviews with Defense Department investigators and reports and postings on racist Web sites and magazines.
"We've got Aryan Nations graffiti in Baghdad," the group quoted a Defense Department investigator as saying in a report to be posted today on its Web site, www.splcenter.org. "That's a problem."

The report cited accounts by neo-Nazis of their infiltration of the military, including a discussion on the white supremacist Web site Stormfront. "There are others among you in the forces," one participant wrote. "You are never alone."

An article in the National Alliance magazine Resistance urged skinheads to join the Army and insist on being assigned to light infantry units.

The Southern Poverty Law Center identified the author as Steven Barry, who it said was a former Special Forces officer who was the alliance's "military unit coordinator."

"Light infantry is your branch of choice because the coming race war and the ethnic cleansing to follow will be very much an infantryman's war," he wrote. "It will be house-to-house, neighborhood-by-neighborhood until your town or city is cleared and the alien races are driven into the countryside where they can be hunted down and 'cleansed.' "

He concluded: "As a professional soldier, my goal is to fill the ranks of the United States Army with skinheads. As street brawlers, you will be useless in the coming race war. As trained infantrymen, you will join the ranks of the Aryan warrior brotherhood."

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2006, 08:45:15 AM »

All I can say is I am happy to see Kaysar's handsome face again!

Most of my BB favorites were not up for insertion into season 7...they likely all have lives now....I would have preferred Bunky over Marcellas to be sure...but I would not have minded having both in there.

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2006, 08:46:16 AM »

This herring is now leaving work for his chiropractic appointment...and then the weekend starts! Woohoo!

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »

Re: last night's Big Brother.

Wow, DR MattH, I"m surprised that you were turned off by so many BB6ers. I couldn't be happier, since they were my favorites.  But it was so obvious that people like kaysar and janelle (fan favs) would get in.

Plus with the leak on tues we already knew who would be in the house.

And for anyone who wants to read the Jam live feed spoilers here is the link:

I would highly recommend reading these if you like Big Brother. It is nothing like Survivor or TAR spoilers. It really makes watching the show a 100% better.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/B/BigBrother7/home.html

http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/NewChat/NC-transcript.pl?CHAT_NAME=BigBrotherAllStars2&WATCHER_ID=2187615&ACTION=TRANSCRIPT&LAST=999999

http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/NewChat/NC-transcript.pl?CHAT_NAME=BigBrotherAllStars-01&WATCHER_ID=2187468&ACTION=TRANSCRIPT&LAST=999999
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:18:10 AM by Jennifer »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2006, 08:50:52 AM »

A friend of mine recommended HEX from BBC America. Supposedly it's like CHARMED with more bite to it. I've never watched CHARMED, but my friend got me interested enough in the HEX premise to give it a try.

My niece LOVED "Charmed."  She taped every episode and since gotten the DVDs.  I think she got some converted NTSC VHS copies of "Hex" from eBay and she likes that, too.  I don't know if she likes it better than "Charmed" or not, though.  I haven't watched more than a scene or two of "Charmed."  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2006, 08:54:21 AM »

BK, my most humble apologizies for yesterday's errors in terminology. One of my former lives must be showing. I am duly--and truly--chided.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »

Hmm, I just wrote that Big Brother post before reading page 3. I'm glad some people posted their comments!

All of the people i vote for got in: (in order) janelle, kaysar, erika, howie, james and marcellas.

Re: last night's show.

I like danielle. Her idea was brilliant. But i'm glad that jase saw through it. You can never no matter what put yourself up on the block. Janelle could have won POV. Or the group could have changed their mind. I'm glad that jase lied to alison and danielle.

I really dislike alison so i hope that she goes. I'm torn about danielle. I do like her, but she is clearly gonna cause trouble for janelle. I really hope that erika and marcellas join with the BB6ers.

I also like Dr. Will for entertainment purposes. But i'm sure he will cause a lot of trouble.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »

I loved CHARMED, and watched every episode.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2006, 09:06:12 AM »

I like a nice baked potato with sour cream and chides.

Jeanne wasn't really chided.  Not REALLY chided.  When we chide we CHIDE, baby.  Besides, you haven't really been chided until you've been bitch-slapped from here to eternity and hell and back.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2006, 09:07:57 AM »

George: yes, Jeanne is ABSOLUTELY SURE  that that is bk in the prom photo. He didn't show you the one where he looks like a mobster...It is indeed bk--EARLY bk. BTW, there is an oval mirror behind him with a dark frame, which makes him look like he has big hair. He did not. He had perfectly normal, nice hair. And, JRand55, he was wearing a suit and tie--no tuxedo.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2006, 09:12:51 AM »

PennyO: Hello! As bk pointed out, I went to Culver High. I was also a year behind bk in school. I don't recall ever meeting you, but am pleased to do so electronically now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »

I WAS a mobster - I was a THESPIAN, for God's sake!  My hair is odd in these photos - very atypical for the me of that period.  I can't put my finger on why, either, but it's strange.  Perhaps I'll scan the Littlechap pants photographs.

Just heard from Rodzinski and TPunk and they're stopping by the home environment and we're going to Marie Callendar's for an early lunch (I also am meeting the DVD authoring guy there to hand off the Kevin Spirtas tapes.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »

bk, I know that a baked potato with sour cream and chides is most yummy, but that really won't help lose those pounds now, will it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2006, 09:18:30 AM »

Speaking of pounds, I shall now jog.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2006, 09:25:50 AM »

Good heavens! They will see your underwear at a work evaluation???

My mother always said, Desperate measures require desperate remedies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2006, 09:29:32 AM »

I loved GRINDL and was very unhappy when it didn't last beyong its initial season. Always adored Imogene Coca.

Amen!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2006, 09:33:40 AM »

I love CHARMED, and I occasionally posted about it the first year I joined HHW.  My goddaughter got me hooked, and my favorite episode was the reality-show parody about killing witches.

Speaking of hellish reality shows, did anyone mention AMERICA'S GOT TALENT and I missed it?  Joann, my sister-in-law, and I have laughed ourselves silly over it and sat boggled at some of the wonderful acts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »

My brother Randy and I spent a lovely morning with our dad.  I took them to a tasty breakfast, we ran some errands for my dad, and now I'm sitting here at the computer while he and Randy plan their fishing weekend, which will begin around 4 PM this afternoon.  It's me, the crazy and wonderful Max and Mattie, and the ghosts tonight.   And my nephew Matt, if he comes home tonight.  He's a party animal on the weekends.

It look as if DR Ginny and I will hit the movies on Sunday, and I am looking forward to it.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2006, 09:42:29 AM »

Okay, why is everyone just sitting there like a dead herring in the moonlight?

Sorry - I've been information-waitressing all morning.  Just walked across the street to pick up some lunch:  Thai honey chicken with rice and veggies - YUM!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »

It look as if DR Ginny and I will hit the movies on Sunday, and I am looking forward to it.

As am I, DR Elmore!  Guess if we can't go to the HHW gathering in Tacoma, a movie in Middletown is the next best thing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up