Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PROPS TO APPLE  (Read 49520 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:PROPS TO APPLE
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »

I know one gal was going to watch it this evening and within the next few days, the comments will trickle in....

Cilla, i suspect we will be the last for some odd reason it always takes longer for Minneapolis is a hub for sorting mail in this part of hte country
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 01:13:30 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

Great pictures on the back is one of the early comments...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2006, 01:20:02 PM »

Well, let's hear some more of the comments!

My mail just came! :D And I got a DVD!! ;D But it's not "Deceit." :( It's a movie from eBay...which I'm glad I got, but I was hoping for "Deceit."  Oh, well.  Maybe Monday. :)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 01:20:37 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »

I am figuring Monday or Tuesday...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2006, 01:23:12 PM »

Come to think of it I can see why some got theirs also, NYC is a huge sorting center for the US mail for the northeast and she lives in North Jersey near the big apple and that would explain why she got hers already.

FJL

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2006, 01:25:57 PM »

What happened to the standard for U.S. Priority Mail being two days?  Or is that a thing of the past?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2006, 01:29:32 PM »

I do know of one copy of Deceit that went to Great Britain....

FJL

« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2006, 01:31:42 PM »

Oh, never mind, I see that Priority Mail now has 2 to 3 business days as their guideline.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

What happened to the standard for U.S. Priority Mail being two days?  Or is that a thing of the past?

In the larger cities yes but in the rural areas no. Parts of ND only get mail delivery three days a week.  That is one reason I am glad i dont live in western ND. It takes a week for a letter to go to the more rural areas and just as long going out.

One poor gal wont be able to comment about the DVD until after it arrives for her in Britain.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »

These aren't going priority.  For Kritzerland that IS a thing of the past.  I was losing almost a dollar a package doing it that way.  Now, it all sort of comes out even, what with the cost of the envelopes and the helper and the labels and the delivery confirmation and all.  I just couldn't lose any more money on shipping and only wish I'd not done our first five releases priority, as I probably lost about five hundred bucks doing it that way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »

The question about the UK girl is will she be able to view it.  I made the DVD all-region, but it's NTSC and the UK is PAL, so she has to have a player that does the conversion (or a TV that does).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »

The question about the UK girl is will she be able to view it.  I made the DVD all-region, but it's NTSC and the UK is PAL, so she has to have a player that does the conversion (or a TV that does).

she has a dual region DVD player that can play US releases.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

eBay update:  The item I was bidding on went above the price of one of the Buy It Now copies of the same thing.  So, I dropped out of the bidding and bought it outright.  Wonder how long it will take to get here from Ft. Wayne, Indiana?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2006, 01:47:47 PM »

She has bought a number of strictly US releases and burnings.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2006, 01:50:48 PM »

eBay update:  The item I was bidding on went above the price of one of the Buy It Now copies of the same thing.  So, I dropped out of the bidding and bought it outright.  Wonder how long it will take to get here from Ft. Wayne, Indiana?

Hopefully not long.. I bought a movie from Dennison, IA.. I also wonder how long it will take it to get here....

George

« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2006, 01:51:15 PM »

A few favorite flop musicals (assuming that these were all actually "flops" ::)):

70 Girls 70
Anyone Can Whistle
Assassins
The Baker's Wife
Brownstone
Chess
Drat! The Cat!
Grind
King of Hearts
Mack and Mabel (I already mentioned it)
Merrily We Roll Along
My Favorite Year
Nick & Nora
Oh, Brother!
Once On This Island
Pacific Overtures
Passion
Song of Singapore
The Spitfire Grill
Weird Romance
Whoop-Up!
Working
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »

Just a few of my favorite songs from flop musicals:

All Things to One Man (Grind)
Anyone Can Whistle
Boom Chicka Boom (Nick & Nora - I actually got to perform this in a show...in full Carmen Miranda drag and it was hysterical!!)
Boom Ditty Boom (70 Girls 70)
But You Go On (Annie Warbucks)
Coffee In a Cardboard Cup (70 Girls 70)
Disneyland (Smile)
Endgame (from Chess, the original 1984 studio recording)
Growin' Boy (Babe...recorded by Debbie Gravitte)
Meadowlark (duh ;))
Opening Doors (Merrily)
Our Time (Merrily)
Quarrel-tet (Whoop-Up!  I also love the title!)
Shut Up and Dance (My Favorite Year)
Someone In a Tree (Pacific Overtures...one of my absolute all-time favorite theater songs EVER!!)
Someone's Moving In (opening number to Brownstone)
Stop Time (Big)
Trio:  Who Is He/Never Put It In Writing/I Talk, You Talk (Grind)
You've Got Possibilities (It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 01:52:35 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »

I will have Deceit before the gal in Winnepeg does... :-)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:13:49 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »

Salt Lake city fan just got her copy and her family teased her about it...

Northern Jersey and NYC fans have gotten... I am suspecting that the SoCal area fans got theirs also.. Have not heard from STeph yet...

No word yet from Florida, KY, Massachusetts, DC, Colorado, NY state, Washington, Michigan, Tennessee, oregon, Georgia, Missouri, Mississippi, Iowa, Ohio, Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota....

I suspect the Canadians and the UK one will be a bit later.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:15:39 PM by DakotaCelt »

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »

Hopefully not long.. I bought a movie from Dennison, IA.. I also wonder how long it will take it to get here....

We're beginning to sound like "Wells Fargo Wagon" from Music Man - maybe BK or Fred & Skip could write a new eBay song...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 02:45:43 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »

I have to concur with some of the choices already mentioned.

A Quiet Thing. (Liza Minnelli's version is my least favorite. Practically everyone else who has recorded the song has done it better than her.)

Disneyland. (I like Bill McKinley's version as it has some different lyrics than the one that BK recorded. But Jodi Benson is still the best female version.)

Once Upon a Time is a beautiful song and always enjoy listening to it.

Liz Callaway sings two of my favorite songs Stop Time and The Story Goes On from Baby. No One But No One can do justice to these two songs they way that Ms. Callaway sings them.

Meadowlark. Once upon a time it was a favorite but it has been recorded too many times by too many people and there is no one special version for me.

Someone In A Tree is in the top ten of my favorite musical songs of all time.

Dorothy Loudon's version of But You Go On. She was singing this song despite knowing the show was bombing and not going on to Broadway. What a great performer she was. She is missed.
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2006, 02:25:16 PM »

We're beginning to sound like "Wells Fargo Wagon" from Music Man - maybe BK or Fred & Skip could write an new eBay song...

Hey Ginny I like that idea...

That could be very entertaining... Right now we are taking bets on the outback of hte US of which Matt fans will get their DVDs first

Texas is leading!

Michael

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2006, 02:25:23 PM »

I have been trying to figure out the trivia question. I went on a certain track which had some possibilities but it hit a dead end.

Great series of questions. This one is really hard. Not sure if I am going to be able to figure out.

So BK if you don't get a lot of answers at least know that I am trying to figure it out.
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2006, 02:26:21 PM »

MS, I do agree with you, Liz Callaway has a beautiful voice.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2006, 02:28:15 PM »

So have i and I should be cleaning but alas... I am intrigued by these questions. BK is a definite master at the questions....

Michael

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »

And since we were talking about Annie.

There is a new documentary about life after Annie for the girls who played on Broadway and the road.

Here is the NYT article about it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/theater/09burt.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

The Spirtas DVD preorder thing should be live in the next hour or so.  I'll let you know and then tell your friends and neighbors and let's get some preorders for this puppy.

George

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2006, 02:45:43 PM »

Woo-hoo!! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2006, 02:55:56 PM »

Correction: some NYC people have received their DVDs and others have not. I am suspecting it depends on what borough you are in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2006, 02:57:06 PM »

Okay, the Spirtas DVD is officially up for preorder right now.  Spread the word, and Dakota anything you can do to get it on the Days' boards would be great.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up