Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PROPS TO APPLE  (Read 49649 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:PROPS TO APPLE
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2006, 03:00:01 PM »

Okay, the Spirtas DVD is officially up for preorder right now.  Spread the word, and Dakota anything you can do to get it on the Days' boards would be great.

I am off to sweet talk Dawn.... :-)

She would still like to do an interview with Matt...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2006, 03:01:37 PM »

Do you have a graphic i can send Dawn so seh can post it?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »

I've ordered my copy! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »

If I had your e-mail address, you should get the e-blast.  If not, send me your e address and I'll send you the cover art.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »

We've had our first order - our very own George.  Ninety-nine signed copies left.

George

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

Well, I must go now.  I have some rooms to clean up and some dishes to do and a whole bunch of stuff that just needs to get done around the house.  Later! :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »

Reading all of the other DRs choices for favorite flop shows makes me hang my head in shame for not mentioning them: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG, ASSASSINS, DEAR WORLD, GREENWILLOW. All of them favorites containing some of my all-time favorite songs, too.

Yes, ALL AMERICAN was a flop (80 performances), Charles Pogue, as was HAZEL FLAGG (though HAZEL had something of a run, it still closed in the red after 190 performances).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »

I'm back from the wilds of Indiana.  My dad, his lady friend, my brother and sister-in-law are having a wonderful time and I was happy to share part of my day with them.   Tonight I think I'll step out and see if any friends are free for a visit.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

I did not receive DECEIT today, so I'll look for it early next week. (I really didn't think it would get to me today.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »

TOD - my favorite flop musical is The Grass Harp, which had its pre-Broadway run at the then-new Power Center for the Performing Arts at The University of Michigan.  It was my junior year and my friend Doug and I attended the gala opening.

I cannot believe I forgot THE GRASS HARP, the 1956 CANDIDE, and ANYONE CAN WHISTLE!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »

I finished YOLANDA AND THE THIEF this afternoon. I can see why this musical fantasy didn't catch on with an audience right after the war was over.

But Harry Warren wrote two tremendous songs for this film: the achingly beautiful "Angel" and the wonderful swing number "Coffee Time." At Minnelli went kind of overboard with all the outrageous art direction (very Dali-esque).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »

Most who have my Unsung Musicals series know that Smile is a particular favorite of mine, especially Disneyland, the title song, and Shine (which I would have recorded on a subsequent UM's album if there'd been one).

elmore, did you know we recorded one other song from Carnival of Flanders - it wasn't as good as Rainy Day, but it was catchy and fun.  I think Debbie Gravitte did it, but I might be wrong about that.

I forgot about the Debbie Gravitte song!  It's called something like "THAT MAN IS DOING HIS WORST TO BE GOOD."

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »

After I finished YOLANDA, I saw the production of BABY I was in on a tape, so I stuck that in and watched some of the numbers.

Yep, another score from a flop musical that has really wonderful songs.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

DR Ginny, have fun on Ebay! I am an ebay addict and very proud! And I differ from BK in that I tend to bid as soon as I find an item I want. I just put in my highest bid and if I get it, I get it if I am outbid then there will likely be another of the same item along the way someday...of course it all depends on what kind of items you are bidding on.

I do it this way too. I win some and lose some that way, but I don't pay more than I was willing to pay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2006, 03:27:38 PM »

You're right.  Except that BK wrote, "Today’s topic of discussion: What is your all-time favorite flop musical score, and what is your all-time favorite song from a flop musical?"

He didn't specify "flop Broadway score." ::)

;D

You're right and I'm a moron!  Spoo!

DR CharlesPogue, I too loathe the DONNYBROOK score.  And WHOOP-UP.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2006, 03:28:48 PM »

Come to think of it I can see why some got theirs also, NYC is a huge sorting center for the US mail for the northeast and she lives in North Jersey near the big apple and that would explain why she got hers already.

Then how do you explain George not getting his copy today?  George lives in Washington, which is just north of California.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2006, 03:28:52 PM »

Cilla, I hear you.. Fargo is not much better...

BTW, is it really dry down there also? We are on watering restrictions.

Dakota, the whole summer has been a bit strange.  Lots of rain in one spot and none a couple miles away. It's pretty dry over all

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2006, 03:31:16 PM »

Dorothy Loudon's version of But You Go On. She was singing this song despite knowing the show was bombing and not going on to Broadway. What a great performer she was. She is missed.

I always regretted that Dorothy Loudon never had a commercial release of her great song "Sur Les Quais de Ramsdale Vermont" from LOLITA, MY LOVE.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »

I know one gal was going to watch it this evening and within the next few days, the comments will trickle in....

Cilla, i suspect we will be the last for some odd reason it always takes longer for Minneapolis is a hub for sorting mail in this part of hte country

Ours doesn't go through Minneapolis. We actually have a sorting station here. The postal service is thinking of shutting it down.  On Saturdays our mail goes through someplace else, so it's longer delivery if it's over the weekend. Goofy but true

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2006, 03:32:40 PM »

Oh, never mind, I see that Priority Mail now has 2 to 3 business days as their guideline.

"Business" days is the key

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »

Hopefully not long.. I bought a movie from Dennison, IA.. I also wonder how long it will take it to get here....

Denison, IA - hometown of Donna Reed. They have a great Donna Reed festival every summer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »

TCB, you did indeed order just in the nick of time.  We have but seven signed copies left of Deceit.  However, we have ninety-nine copies of the Kevin Spirtas DVD, so let's get some orders.  Even if you have the CD, it's nothing like seeing it - he's really electric and the DVD is shot very well and it's really fun plus it has a most amusing commentary track.  Orders, baby, orders.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

Salt Lake city fan just got her copy and her family teased her about it...

Northern Jersey and NYC fans have gotten... I am suspecting that the SoCal area fans got theirs also.. Have not heard from STeph yet...

No word yet from Florida, KY, Massachusetts, DC, Colorado, NY state, Washington, Michigan, Tennessee, oregon, Georgia, Missouri, Mississippi, Iowa, Ohio, Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota....

I suspect the Canadians and the UK one will be a bit later.

Kind of sounds like Howard Dean when he was leaving Iowa YEEEAAH

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

I have been trying to figure out the trivia question. I went on a certain track which had some possibilities but it hit a dead end.

Great series of questions. This one is really hard. Not sure if I am going to be able to figure out.

So BK if you don't get a lot of answers at least know that I am trying to figure it out.

I went down several tracks earlier today, but got stuck each time. I"m going to go back to it a little later...I"m still trying

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »

I have been trying to figure out the trivia question. I went on a certain track which had some possibilities but it hit a dead end.

Great series of questions. This one is really hard. Not sure if I am going to be able to figure out.

So BK if you don't get a lot of answers at least know that I am trying to figure it out.

I had no idea what I was doing, since I had never entered before.  But, I was determined to submit a set of answers rather than run the risk of BK stopping the Trivia Question.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2006, 03:46:14 PM »

This afternoon I finally got around to watching my special edition DVD of Liza with a Z and some of the bonus tracks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »

MattH: Did you mean to order the CD of Kevin or the DVD?  If it's the CD you're fine.  If it's the DVD, cancel the payment and place the order again by clicking on the DVD cover on the splash page (be sure it's the DVD cover - AOL may still be caching the page with the CD, which isn't on the updated splash page anymore).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »

Once Upon A Time

She Touched Me

Fifty Percent

I Won't Send Roses

Meadowlark (although I wish it wasn't such a long song)

“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2006, 04:16:58 PM »

DR TCB - how are you feeling after your first days back at work?  Taking it easy today?

Please give my best to all the Hainsies/Kimlets who show up tomorrow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up