Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BRUCE FORCE  (Read 60780 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BRUCE FORCE
« on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a certain Bruce Force, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're putting on some cologne right now - Brut, to be exact, so they will, in fact, have Brut Force.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 12:17:37 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BRUCE FORCE
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 12:14:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: DIAPHORESIS!

Which is what happens when I jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:23:12 AM »

Thanks to Jrand and George for their Deceit comments.  When we're up at amazon, be sure to review it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 03:22:09 AM »

Vibage to the Moore clan.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 03:26:08 AM »

It's too blankin' early, but I've got to get to work.   :P

At least this means I get off work early, too.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 04:20:56 AM »

Good morning all!

I also wish many, many, many vibes to DR Elmore, to his dad, his family and for a safe trip home.

I received my Deceit DVD yesterday!  Hooray!  But I have a problem with it.  You see, it's all nice and sealed and autographed and I'm not sure if I want to break the seal or keep it as is.  

What to do?

I had to laugh at your captions for the Bear/Sheena photo, DR S Woody White.  :)

DR TomovOZ, comfort vibes to your friend.  You had it a little wrong, they didn't disturbe the murderer, the murderer WAS disturbed!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 04:22:51 AM »

Work is a four letter word.  Bluck....   :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:23:54 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:27 AM »

'Morning, Ben!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 04:26:44 AM »

Almost downtown.  Sigh.  

Have a wonderful day all!  You New Yorkers, try not to blow anything else up, ok?  :)  ;)  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 04:26:59 AM »

Morning Danise! Glad to see your happy face here.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 04:27:12 AM »

I now must go back and finish catching up!

Ben

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 04:57:14 AM »

I am now caught up! I am now returning to the Otto Bremer Foundation.

FJL

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 05:12:20 AM »

On the TV show THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW, wasn't there an "introducing" card before Deborah Walley as SUZIE?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 05:23:07 AM »

On the TV show THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW, wasn't there an "introducing" card before Deborah Walley as SUZIE?

I don't think there would have been, DR FJL.  Walley played Gidget in the movies before THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW (I wish that series was on DVD!)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 05:26:29 AM »

Oh, good point, Dan.  I wonder why "Deborah Walley as SUZIE" has stood out in my mind, though.  Maybe because she's the only one whose character didn't have the same first name as the actor (in the first season anyway).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27:50 AM »

Congrats to DR TCB on winning this week's UTC.  Also, congrats to CillaLiz for scoring on her first try at the contest.

I kept trying to find a way that made HENRY, SWEET HENRY fit as the flop musical.  Unfortunately, producer Norman Twain didn't seem to do anything of note before mounting B'way shows.  Grrrrrr...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:33:48 AM »

"My name is Mr. Norman Twain."

What's that from?

:) :)

Or was it "I am Mr. Norman Twain?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:37:30 AM by FJL »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:33:56 AM »

Oh, good point, Dan.  I wonder why "Deborah Walley as SUZIE" has stood out in my mind, though.  Maybe because she's the only one whose character didn't have the same first name as the actor (in the first season anyway).

LOL!  How the memory works!  I can still hear the theme music for the show, and how it transposed to a "rock 'n' roll" motif during the "Deborah Walley as SUZIE" credit.

Speaking of AMAZING STORIES, I also remember what a sheer disapointment that was.  I watched it up through the first four or five episodes before realizing that it was not going anywhere.  BK is right about the money that was thrown at this show--lots of it.  But the writing was terrible.  It was like watching THE GOONIES every week.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 05:35:53 AM »

The only "introducing" card that I remember off the top of my head was for:

Denise Nickerson in the movier Zero to Sixty.

Which was really strange because she had already been acting for 13 years and was best know for her appearances in Dark Shadows (TV), the cult movie Smile, The Electric Company, Search For Tomorrow and best known as Violet in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

And oh yes she was also Lolita in the infamous bomb of a musical Lolita My Love.

It also turns out that Zero to Sixty was her last perfessional acting role.

Saw this movie in film school and star/producer the late Darren McGavin was there and I asked him why she was being introduced when she had already been acting. He told me that was what she wanted.

Strange very strange. Unless it was a joke on her behalf.  Instead of get introduced on her first film she got introduced in her last!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:38:07 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 05:42:17 AM »

Speaking of the Unseemly Trivia Contest, am I the only one who did research in the career of Clara Peller to see if she ever did a B'way musical?
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 05:53:01 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yesterday was a strange day; I felt poorly all day and I was in bed by 8 PM.  I need to call my doctor in New York today and set up an appointment for tomorrow or Thursday.  I believe the infamous abscess of July 2004 has returned and I don't need more rounds of surgery!

I'm currently finishing up laundry and packing, and then I will help my brother and sister-in-law (and chef par excellenc) rearrange bedding situations to accommodate my dad's moving in.  He seems quite well today after the chemo, and it's a visting nurse appointment at 2:00 pm that will prohibit his riding to the airport with me.  KEEP THOSE TRAVEL VIBES COMING!

DR Tomovoz, thank you for the correction on Ozderek's last name.   I was hoping it would turn out to be our Derek, if only to have a record of him.

Dear Friend BK, I saw a lot of Orders! Orders! in your posts yesterday; I love you, but I don't particularly want a document of Kevin Spirtas' cabaret act.  I have nothing against Mr Spirtas, it's not something I want to add to my already cluttered apartment.

However, if there's no DECEIT DVD waiting for me tomorrow, I shall be most unhappy!

Thank you all for the vibes for my travel and my father!  Please keep 'em coming!

Where is Nursie Jane?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 05:55:47 AM »

DR Jose, when you see Marci and Zina, please give them my regards.  I want that EVER AFTER job!

And now the laundry goes to the dryer!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58:19 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~   PEACEFUL AND STRESS-FREE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

TOD:

I can't think of any "Introducing..." credits at the mo'.  Did Audrey Hepburn have one for ROMAN HOLIDAY?  Didn't CITIZEN KANE have a card at the end saying "Introducing The Mercury Players"?

I'll have to jog the memory for this one.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 06:02:36 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 06:14:11 AM »

Dan - I did try to find the guy who said "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 06:20:57 AM »

Dan - I did try to find the guy who said "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."  :)

I did, too.  And the "That's a spicey meatball" guy.  I was stuck in an Alka-Seltzer mode.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 06:43:13 AM »

BRUCE FORCE--wasn't that a Quinn/Martin production?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 06:43:44 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!

My day started an hour earlier than usual, with a meeting at United Way, so I, too, get to go home early.  My big event this afternoon is training on our new phone system - I now have 2 phones on my desk, but don't know the first thing about how to use the new one.

Travel vibes for DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 06:53:16 AM »

Spicy meatball guy and can't believe I ate the whole thing guy were two that I started out with....and I also started out with HENRY SWEET HENRY...whew!

Congratulations to DR TCB!  And to DR CILLA LIZ on her first trivia question correct answer!!

Of course I will add my DECEIT comments at Amazon....when DECEIT gets there....in more detail of course....that will make people WANT to buy the disk.

Is Miss Carroll Baker and/or friend of DR CP Miss June Wilkinson going to be at the Courts Show this time?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 06:53:36 AM »

DR Jose I would love to watch the Janice D. modelling show. But i don't get that station. :(

I loved her on America's Next Top Model.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up