Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BRUCE FORCE  (Read 60784 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:BRUCE FORCE
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2006, 07:18:42 PM »

Here's a closeup.  These gates used to be the outside gates, but Paramount bought up the front block and made it part of the studio so these are now inside the main entrance.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2006, 07:29:12 PM »

Here is Rodzinski at the stage where Norma Desmond met with Cecile B. DeMille

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »

And later on at dinner with BK.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »

Well the air conditioner man NEARLY finished. Which means no air tonight. But the 90 + temps aren't supposed to start until tomorrow. He said he could be done in a couple hours tomorrow AM.  We shall see.

We had 90s today and they are predicting 100 by the end of the week...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »

Rather a serious pose having to do with the rice pudding.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »

The next day was Disneyland.  We jumped on the shuttle at 9AM and were through the gates by 9:15.  The highlight of the day was probably the fireworks display.  We happened to be through no planning on our part in the most amazing place to watch them.  We were waiting on line for the train in Fantasyland and looked back and forth between the castle in front of us and the fireworks behind us.  We had an awesome view of Tink and the pyrotechnics show and then boarded the train where we watched the remainder of the show- totally awesome.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

Here was another of my highlights- a photo with Stich, my favorite character.

As I post I am actually drinking a dirty martini measured and made using my new Stitch shot glass.  Ah the magic of Disney.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

Jeez I think I look about 20 pounds heavier than I actually am in that photo- is it the angle, or is it the vast amount of fried foods I consumed while in California??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »

Here I am in Ohio, sitting on my brother's porch keeping Lefty the dog from attacking the home care aide interviewing my dad inside the house.

Nice picture Elmoore.... You look very relaxed. I do send good vibes...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

Here is Rodzinski with my former favorite character Heimlich, whom he has rechristened Germolligan.  Both this picture and the one above were taken at California Adventure.  Since our passes were actually "park hoppers" and the parks were quite literally across the way from eachother, we went back and forth.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »

Sorry I ahve not posted for a couple of days... Dealing with some unpleasant news about my dad... I just pray it is caught early and he will have a bit longer on the planet.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »

And then at 11:15 we caught the last shuttle back to our hotel...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »

Is the shuttle bus ever going to get here??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:34 PM »

Additional comments from the Matt Fans

Outstanding!!

Excellent!!

Matt was creepily charming!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »

I think it took us all of 10 minutes to fall asleep once we got back to our hotel.  It was a long day but absolutely worth it.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2006, 07:40:42 PM »

Another highlight of our day at Disney was the spectacular array of child tantrums.  I won't go into detail, but I will say that it set my biological clock back about 5 years.

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2006, 07:45:32 PM »

Great CA vacation photos, DR TPunk!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »

It is a bittersweet day for Matt fans....

Many are loving his work on Deceit and they are thoroughly enjoying the play!!  I think Bruce picked the perfect actor for the part.

Matt was let go again at DOOL...  I do hope better things come his way...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:57:20 PM by DakotaCelt »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

Other highlights from our time in Northern California: eating Mexican food, In & Out Burger, and Fresh Choice; spending time with my mom and Rodzinski's family; experiencing the 4th of July parade in Morgan Hill, very small town feeling; getting along okay with my sister.

Random highlight: As we were heading back to my mom's house after a day of milling about, we decided to pop by my childhood home on a whim.  There was a for sale sign AND they were having an open house!!! I immediately pulled over and we went in.  There has only been one owner since we moved out about 9ish years ago so it was cool to see what they had done.  While I didn't appreciate their "decor" I did respect the amazing amount of work and money they had put into the house over the years - as evidenced by the crazy pricetag.  It was really nice to be able to walk around and put some old memories to rest.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

Congrats to TCB on winning...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2006, 07:49:45 PM »

ON second thought... .Maybe that is why Matt's name has not appeared in the credits since January..

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

And then today:

That is Killbot in Walty's cat carrier- I tried with no avail to get him into it on the Friday before we left for vacation so that I could take him into the vet.  He was not into it at all- and I have the scars to prove it.  I finally had to beg and plead and push him into Killbot's carrier which is a softer Sherpa carrier bag.  But I decided to his hard carrier out while we were gone so they could get better used to it.  Well apparently Killbot thinks it's her new hangout.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2006, 07:52:28 PM »

I found this photo of Barney Hughes.  I really loved him.  In 1990, I begged him to do the Toymaker in the Houston Grand Opera BABES IN TOYLAND but he couldn't get out of BLOSSOM to do it.  He was a wonderful actor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »

TPunk, glad you had a wonderful time... From the pictures, you have shared, it was!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sending vibes for DR DakotaCelt's dad.
My prayers are with all of you.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2006, 08:15:49 PM »

Great pics, DR TPunk. Thanks for posting them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »

Very sorry to read about Barnard Hughes. Always enjoyed him in everything I saw him do, but my favorite memory of him is holding poor shocked Carole Shelley's hand as she accepted her TOny for THE ELEPHANT MAN. She wouldn't let him go, and he was so gracious and loving to simply stand there holding her as she expressed her thanks.

A special man.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

I began my evening of viewing just as I said I would: with the episode of THE JUDY GARLAND SHOW that featured June Allyson. Judy was very hoarse the night of the taping, so her vocals aren't great. June was petrified to be in front of an audience though she did a cute dance to "The Doodle Song." The outtakes on the disc were lots of fun. Steve Allen dropped by for Judy's "Tea for Two" segment (she was expecting Roddy MacDowell and was shocked to see him there), and they had some clever banter. There was some sloppy dress rehearsal footage and an impromptu song by Mel Torme after the show had finished taping celebrating his 38th birthday. I've never been a huge fan of Mel Torme, but in that off the cuff song, he didn't seem to be trying for that "Velvet Fog" sound and just sang full out, and it's the most appealing I've ever seen him as a performer.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2006, 08:28:27 PM »

Next came DECEIT with the commentary track turned on. Lots of insider information that was very interesting, enjoyable, and revealing, and thank goodness it wasn't a narration of what we were seeing on the screen. BK is much too knowing to put viewers through a waste of time like that.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »

SInce I had a little time left before the start of my only TV program over the air, I put in Season 7 of FRIENDS and watched the Christmas episode - "The One with the Holiday Armadillo." Hilarious from beginning to end.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up