Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MISSING HOURS  (Read 63476 times)

Ben

Re:THE MISSING HOURS
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 05:12:23 AM »

TP and Rod, what great pictures. The corn field with Rodzinski is a hoot!

Ben

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 05:13:22 AM »

Larry, that porch picture is a classic.

I have some honey for you so we need to get together.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 05:15:50 AM »

On Sunday Ant and I watched the Ken Burns documentary on the Brooklyn Bridge. Don't know why it was on but it was certainly worth watching. It made Mr. Morelli realize that he had never walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. One of our activities on either Saturday or Sunday (both days are predicted to be hot ones in NYC) will be to walk across the bridge!

Ben

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 05:16:12 AM »

Back to the Bremer Foundation.

I'll check in later.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 05:16:41 AM »

Larry, that porch picture is a classic.

DR Ben - I agree.  The porch photo of DR Elmore reminds me of a Wyeth painting.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 05:16:46 AM »

What a Frenzy  :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:49 AM »

Thank you so much for the birthday greetings.  I am home this morning waiting for the AC guy to come back and finish. I woke up at 5:00 AM when the garbage truck went by and decided that since it is my birthday I could be obnoxious and wake Paul up at 6:00AM to meet me at Panera. So that's what we did.   I don't have any plans. I'll work at home until the AC is installed and working then I'll head to the office.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 05:46:34 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2006, 05:46:05 AM »

Right now, I'm sitting on my front porch listening to the birds and enjoying the cool damp fog.  It's really nice out here since I cut down all the bushes.

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 05:46:36 AM »

It's been nice to visit here early today.  I'm working noon-9 in order to teach July's edition of "Grantseeking Basics" this evening.  In a few minutes, I'm off to Java Johnny's for breakfast with a friend - waiting for the rain to let up a little!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 05:47:48 AM »

VIBES TO DANISE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 05:51:27 AM »

Sending my best thoughts to DR DANISE.

Thoughts & vibes as well the DR DAKOTA CELT.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 05:51:45 AM »

DR ELMORE has returned from the land of fruits and nuts to the home of the flakes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006, 05:52:06 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR CILLA LIZ!!  Keep your monkey off the water tower!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2006, 05:53:14 AM »

Hmmmm......my first question for this ASK BK day.....which film do you think was most successfully (creatively speaking) turned into a television series?

My first vote goes to PEYTON PLACE with MASH a close second.

Ben

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2006, 05:56:34 AM »

DR ELMORE has returned from the land of fruits and nuts to the home of the flakes!

Hey! We resemble that remark  ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 06:03:41 AM »

[size=10]Deceit[/size]
Finally arrived yesterday. Watched it twice.
I enjoyed it. I was able to figure out some of it while watching it, but not everything. It was fun to see BK acting again. A little taken aback when some 4 letter words were used (not a prude) I wasn't expecting them. Tammy acquitted herself quite well in her first "adult" role. Having seen her in various stages of her career it was nice to see her "grown up".
I always knew Matthew Ashford can act. (When I used to watch Days)Whe he is given good material to work with. He can do comedy and drama very well (He still manages to shines when he is stuck with bad story lines)

Micheal, I could not agree with you more on Matt. He is an excellent actor and I have tapes of his early work on Days and he is outstanding. He was also outstanding in 03 on OLTL.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Eileen

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2006, 06:03:44 AM »

Bruce, I'm coming out of lurkdom for a few moments here.  I'm one of the Administrators of the Connotator, the website for Matt and his character, Jack, on Days.  Sarah (DakotaCelt) has been wonderful about keeping us abreast during the play-to-DVD process of Deceit.  She's been a good ambassador!  

I got my copy yesterday, watched it last night, and wanted to tell you personally how much I enjoyed it.  I thought it was clever, with tons of witty dialogue, delivered perfectly by all three of you.  The twists and turns were dizzying and the ending was fantastic.  Thank you for making the DVD available for those of us who live too far away to see it in person.  

It's been a roller-coaster week for us Matt fans.  We had the excitement of receiving our DVD's, coupled with the news that he, once again, has been let go from Days of our Lives.  I saw you posted that you'll be seeing him this weekend.  Please let him know, for us, how sad, angry, disappointed, devastated, and any other negative emotions you can think of, we all are at the Connotator at the news of his imminent departure.  I know he's not too computer-savvy, but I hope he can find a few minutes to check out the Connotator and read all the posts, about his release from the show, as well as his performance in Deceit.  They are all in support of him, and Missy, for their futures.  

And thank you, Bruce, for seeing the talent that Matt possesses, and for always having a kind and supportive word about him.  It's meant alot to us at the Connotator.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »

Wednesday, July 12, 2006  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2006, 06:04:53 AM »

Happy Birthday Cillaliz!!

Have a great day!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2006, 06:05:17 AM »

LOL DRBEN!

So do the fruits and nuts here.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 06:05:28 AM »

Eileen!! Nice to see you!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:30 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday, DR Cillaliz!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:36 AM »

DR Ben - I agree.  The porch photo of DR Elmore reminds me of a Wyeth painting.

THat was my thought also!!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2006, 06:08:57 AM »

DRs DakotaCelt and Danise -- my thoughts and prayers are with you regarding your parents. And DR Elmore, too!

Danise, I hope your further tests show nothing serious.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:05 AM »

Happy Birthday to Clilaliz!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:24 AM »

Health and comfort vibes to Danise and her mother.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:49 AM »

Thoughts and vibes for DakotaCelt and her father.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2006, 06:12:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, DR CILLALIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/color][/move]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:13:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2006, 06:14:17 AM »

Cillaliz asked last night how Walty was doing- he's pretty much back to where he was right before we left so he's making a return trip to the vet either today or tomorrow.  I was hopeful that he would work through things on his own, so to speak, but he seems so uncomfortable.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2006, 06:23:21 AM »

Good morning, all!  Posting from my own eMac, I am happier than a gazelle in spring.  I did have parts of a lovely, but necessary, visit to Ohio.  My dad is doing quite well now:  this last round of chemo left him neither sick or debilitated, and I have hopes he will be around for longer than I could have hoped.

This morning, I have a trek to the Post Office, possibly a meeting with the composer of THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN, and - alas - I have to deal with my intern Dylan, who's been a good friend and who took great care of the place while I was gone.  

He has decided he does not want to live in New York, but his current depression on what he wants to do with himself has led to inertia:  one of the reasons I let him move in was that his share of the rent would help cover trips to Ohio.  So far, I've got next to nothing from him, and I could use the money.  He's complained about his B&N colleagues being morons, but they're paying more rent money, I'm sure, some of them going to school as well, and surviving.  I'm not a charity and I'm only sympathetic to a point.  I knew he had psychological scars from his horror of a mother, but I cannot repair years of damage.  And she's still playing mindgames on him, which only increase the inertia and depression!

Oy!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:24:14 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up