Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TICKING CLOCK  (Read 58691 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE TICKING CLOCK
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2006, 04:55:25 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I believe I'm over the "shock" of the phone call I received earlier today.  Here's a quasi-transcript:

"Hello, Jose?"

-Yes.

"Would you be interested in coming in for Sweeney Todd?"

-Sure...

"Well, we're starting to look for someone to replace Alexander Gemignani as the Beadle, and since he plays most of the piano part throughout the show, we're looking for good pianists."

-Oh...

"Are you interested?"

-Hmm...  <laughs to myself - and sort of out loud> -I thought you wanted me to come in to play some auditions... well..  Yes!

[/size]

So...  After my production meeting tomorrow morning, I will be heading in to sing and play for the casting director who I've known for a couple of years.  And as it turns out, I also know the current Musical Supervisor.  If anything, it will be nice to see some friends again.

I'm still sort of giddy about it.  I have no idea what my chances are, but I also have absolutely nothing to lose.  The casting director knows she's taking a chance on me, and she also know that I really haven't been out of the pit in a long time.  So...  I got the sides and the music - and the music is in a lower key than the original, which is fine with me! - and I think I'm ready to head in tomorrow.  It should all be a very casual (ad)venture, and I'm just going to treat it like that.  And if I end up getting a call-back, well...  Stranger things have happened.

Fun! Fun! Fun!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2006, 04:56:17 PM »

Ooohh!  Ooohh! Ooohhh!!!!!  (ah, a "Welcome Back, Kotter" reference)

I watched last night's first episode.  -The perfect "accompaniment" to "So You Think You Can Dance?".  -Although, I hear that I should tune into "America's Got Talent" too.

As for "Project Runway"...  They're not even sure at this point in the game whether Malan's accent is for real.  I'm just wondering how many more episodes there will be until they show the "shocking" episode where a major rule is broken.

Me, TOO!

Malan's accent is too chi-chi to be real, IMO.

Plus, they aired a show two nights ago in which they interviewed all the applicants.  Malan had applied for each "Project Runway" thus far, and they aired a clip from each interview segment.  In one of them, he had NO accent.  It's very funny...just hope they share some of his unguarded moments and I also hope someone calls him on it.

The previews make it seem all hell's going to break loose next week among the "designers".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

PAGE FIVE...

DANCE!
     DANCE!!
         DANCE!!!
             DANCE!!!!
                  DANCE!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I believe I'm over the "shock" of the phone call I received earlier today.  Here's a quasi-transcript:[/size]

So...  After my production meeting tomorrow morning, I will be heading in to sing and play for the casting director who I've known for a couple of years.  And as it turns out, I also know the current Musical Supervisor.  If anything, it will be nice to see some friends again.

I'm still sort of giddy about it.  I have no idea what my chances are, but I also have absolutely nothing to lose.  The casting director knows she's taking a chance on me, and she also know that I really haven't been out of the pit in a long time.  So...  I got the sides and the music - and the music is in a lower key than the original, which is fine with me! - and I think I'm ready to head in tomorrow.  It should all be a very casual (ad)venture, and I'm just going to treat it like that.  And if I end up getting a call-back, well...  Stranger things have happened.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

OH!  MY! GOSH!

Your professional acting debut LOOMS...

What a YEAR this has been for you!

Congratulations!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2006, 05:02:42 PM »

Looks like the 2006 Festival of New Musicals at the Village Theater in the Seattle area (Issaquah, to be exact) will be from August 3-6, and the LAST STARFIGHTER presentation is currently scheduled for Friday, August 4 at 7:30 pm.  

As much as I would love to attend the performance of THE LAST STARFIGHTER at the Village Theater; apparently, the only way I can get a ticket is to become a contributing member of Village Theater, the lowest price of memebership being $75.00.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2006, 05:02:59 PM »

Well.. He hasn't lost those.

;)

That's how I'm coming to learn that fish and guests stink after three days.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2006, 05:08:14 PM »

Mother Courage in Central Park just increased the star power:

Kevin Kline

Well, that would certainly make it tempting, but I would still have to sit through MOTHER COURAGE.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS, JOSE!! ;D

Break legs, vocal chords, fingers (and all figuratively, of course)!!!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2006, 05:12:28 PM »

As much as I would love to attend the performance of THE LAST STARFIGHTER at the Village Theater; apparently, the only way I can get a ticket is to become a contributing member of Village Theater, the lowest price of memebership being $75.00.

AARRGGHH!!  I wanted to see this also, and I wouldn't be able to pay $75, either. :'(

Hey, Fred...can you sneak us in?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2006, 05:12:32 PM »

I'm fighting off a mild headache.  My first one in a while since I've been making use of everyone's suggestions and recommendations. :)

[size=8]SEX![/size]
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:02 PM »

Well, I'm off to my parents' house for dinner.  Laters!!  (a Jose reference :))

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:27 PM »

Your professional acting debut LOOMS...

Hey - remember his "Jewish Thighs" gig?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2006, 05:20:53 PM »

DR Jose - what thrilling news!  Appropriate audition vibes will be headed your way tomorrow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2006, 05:23:16 PM »

Well, that would certainly make it tempting, but I would still have to sit through MOTHER COURAGE.

I'm in the same camp with you, DR TCB.  I'm all for "great theater", but I'm just not sure I want to wait in the summer heat for a couple of hours to get the tickets, then sit outside on a hot, humid summer night watching Brecht.  Ehh...  Although, since Jeanine Tesori is writing some music for the production, maybe there will be a little song and dance number in the midst of all that Brecht-spiel.

*However, I do think that it was quite a courageous bit of programming to devote their summer season in Central Park to the subject of "War" - as all the posters in the subways keep telling me.  But again, I'm not sure I'm in the mood for such heavy-fare in the Park.  At least now.

**And I'm also pretty sure that had they not been able to secure the talents of Liev Schrieber, Jennifer Ehle (for Macbeth), and Meryl Streep and Christopher WalkenKevin Kline, they probably would not have proceeded with such "heavy" programming.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:24:21 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »

DR Jose - what thrilling news!  Appropriate audition vibes will be headed your way tomorrow!

Thanks.  12:30pm-ish EST.

:)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:26:19 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2006, 05:27:40 PM »

Holy crap Jose! I am so excited for you.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »

AARRGGHH!!  I wanted to see this also, and I wouldn't be able to pay $75, either. :'(

Hey, Fred...can you sneak us in?? ;)

I think both Fred and Skip need to have Personal Assistants.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »

Jose!  How exciting.  I didn't even kow you were allowed out of the pit.
 Break a leg

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:41:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »

Jose, so, you'd be playing the part of the Beadle? Singing and acting as well as playing piano???
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2006, 05:45:29 PM »

Jose, so, you'd be playing the part of the Beadle? Singing and acting as well as playing piano???

Yes, yes, and yes.

;)

Again... I have no idea how things are going to go, what my chances really are... But it will certainly be an exciting way to end the week.

Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2006, 05:48:05 PM »

Woo Hoo!! Wishing you broken legs!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2006, 05:49:37 PM »

Walty's coming home, Walty's coming home!!

YEAH!! YEAH!!!! Callie and Boo are dancing around the room cheering for Walty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2006, 05:51:58 PM »

Mattie and Max just sent me an email telling me they miss me in Ohio.  I really miss them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

Yes, yes, and yes.

;)

Again... I have no idea how things are going to go, what my chances really are... But it will certainly be an exciting way to end the week.

Does this mean that Michael Cerveris would slit your throat every night?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »

DR Elmore - I miss you in Ohio, too, so it looks like I should eat ice cream to make me feel better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2006, 06:01:54 PM »

WOW JOSE!!! Now I'm joining Callie and Boo dancing around for you! Just the phone call is incredible. Vibes for continuing good news and good auditions are definitely going your way~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2006, 06:02:04 PM »

Mattie and Max just sent me an email telling me they miss me in Ohio.  I really miss them.

Awww.... Are they enjoying those Frosty Paws Doggie Frozen Treats?  It's a treat - the ice cream - and a toy - the plastic cup - all in one!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »

Happy about the outcome of eviction and HOH on BB tonight

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

Is anyone going to watch the results show of AMERICA'S GOT TALENT tonight?  If you do, could you send me a PM and tell me who was sent on to the finals in August.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

Of course Callie is dancing in one room and Boo in another, but we're all dancing nonetheless
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up