Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN  (Read 20827 times)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
Re:THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2003, 03:37:57 PM »

Speaking of Wicked....

I'm not prepared to comment on it as I haven't seen the show or heard the cast recording yet...

BUT today I bought my tickets and WILL be seeing it on Dec. 30th (if not in the same Stephen Schwartz house seats as mlles. Em and Andrea).  

I am totally thrilled to hear about Susan Egan taking on the role of Millie.  She just has one of the best voices in the industry, period.  I wonder what she will do to make her interpretation different from Sutton's.  I can see her taking it in that wonderful sardonic-but-sweet style that she has patented.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2003, 03:53:47 PM »

Clark Gable and Doris Day and Gig Young - what a trio....expert writing and direction.....TEACHER'S PET....LOL.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2003, 03:59:47 PM »

BK:  When you see your pal Nick Redman I would like a favor.

Would you please give him a gigantic HUG and tell him Ron Pulliam thanks him for "The Robe"?

Please!??!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 04:00:41 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2003, 04:00:42 PM »

When I first saw "Teacher's Pet" I thought it was odd to have DD singing the song when she was not the one who "Wanted to be Teacher's Pet. I was hypercritical as a thirteen year old! Good fun film.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2003, 04:01:54 PM »

I much preferred "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2003, 04:08:12 PM »

Good afternoon everyone
I shall be off to see Oliver tonight, starring our very own TCB, and I of course will post a review as soon as I get home.  
This weekend will be devoted to studying for the two finals I have on Monday.  Oy...I might not get enough done for either of them...but as long as I pass, I really don't care that much anymore :)  Terrible, I know, but true.
Ah yes, the TOTD...
CD -  Brother Bear soundtrack
DVD - Chicago, I believe...or else the Jim Carrey Grinch
VHS - nothing at the moment

Almost through another week with the kiddies...although I confess I almost feel bad about charging them when the better part of my "work day" is spent dozing on the couch with a sleeping baby on my chest.  Of course, there are the times that balance the blissful moments out...
Only 10 more days 'till I'm winging my way to Hawaii!!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2003, 04:09:11 PM »

Tomovoz - why the name change?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2003, 04:13:13 PM »

Tomovoz - why the name change?

Now you've done it!

;D

Emily

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2003, 04:14:52 PM »

Speaking of Wicked....

I'm not prepared to comment on it as I haven't seen the show or heard the cast recording yet...

BUT today I bought my tickets and WILL be seeing it on Dec. 30th (if not in the same Stephen Schwartz house seats as mlles. Em and Andrea).  

make that just Mademoiselle Emily.  Andrea actually knows how to live within her means! ;)

Question:

Is Adam Pascal still playing the Emcee in Cabaret?
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2003, 04:18:27 PM »

JRand53, sorry to hear about the playhouse! Theater people...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! Well, just as long as you have "retired" from theater!

TD, glad to see you are back!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2003, 04:31:21 PM »

Welcome back, TD!

Jed

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2003, 04:54:35 PM »

Welcome back, TD!  Sorry to hear of your theatrical fallout, but understand completely, JRand.  Break a leg, TCB!

DVD and VCR both empty at the moment.
CDs: Bells Are Ringing, Hairspray, Annie OBC's
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2003, 04:58:24 PM »

Ron: will do

I should be out of here by five-thirty, at least that is my fervant hope.

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2003, 04:59:36 PM »

Name Change Ann: Time to leave puberty. WFO used the name yesterday and I thought it was more exotic. Not erotic TCB. Have a wonderful night both sides of the curtain tonight. Do you need a spare orphan? I am orfen available if you can cover my fares.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2003, 05:03:11 PM »

God Help Me!  I've been attacked by the bug!

The Bed, Bath and Beyond Bug!

That's right!  I have fended off this beast the past three months and was within days of being successful in avoiding it before Christmas!

I've been bitten and have to go right away...on my way from work.  There's nothing to be done about it, i fear!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2003, 05:14:29 PM »

God Help Me!  I've been attacked by the bug!

The Bed, Bath and Beyond Bug!

Ron, I have never been to a Bed, Bath and Beyond.  However, I do have the cast recording to Bed, Boys and Beyond!  Are they at all similar? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2003, 06:15:08 PM »

Ron, I have never been to a Bed, Bath and Beyond.  However, I do have the cast recording to Bed, Boys and Beyond!  Are they at all similar? ;)

Not in my experience!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2003, 06:19:17 PM »

Tom---
The "Brother Bear" reviews must have been much better in Oz than in the U.S.  They were not pans but mostly mediocre.  However the next Disney animated film looks like a real dog... It's about barnyard animals and features the voice of Rosanne Pentland Barr Arnold (or what ever name she is using this week).

And according to a reliable source, the real reason the Disney Treasures were delayed five months was to re-do the packaging by removing Roy E. Disney's name since he resigned from the board and has told Michael Eisner he is ruining the company.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2003, 06:19:55 PM »

DR MATT

So sorry you didn't get the role. Maybe you should have slept with the director.
I thought actors were supposed to crave applause, not the clap.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2003, 06:26:10 PM »

WEL: The review was from a Canadian "Disney" fan who is a friend of another Disney follower we know. Word I got today was that Mickey had left with Roy!
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2003, 06:26:21 PM »

In my CD player in the car:  "A Broadway Christmas"-- the first CD where I took notice of Bruce Kimmel's name so I could look for other CD's by him.  I was enchanted.

A song has been going through my head ALL day, and it is driving me crazy.  I'll have to dig out the LP.

".... I haven't changed the subject; I was talking about the stranger.

What stranger?

With the suitcase-- who may be your very last chance.

Do you think that I'd allow a common masher, now really, Mama.  I have my standards where men are concerned.

I know all about your standards, and if you don't mind me sayin' so, there's not a man alive who could hope to measure up to that blend of Paul Bunyan, St. Paddy, Noah Webster you've concocted out of your Irish imagination, your Iowa stubborness and your liberry full of books....."

ad infinitum

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! ( to quote Charles Schultz via Charlie Brown)
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2003, 06:50:10 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  I managed to get off by five-thirty, managed to pick up a couple of packages awaiting me (including WEL's - THANK YOU), and managed to find a DVD called From the Journals of Jean Seberg - I know nothing about it and now I can't wait to see it after just having viewed Mr. Preminger's Bonjour Tristesse.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2003, 06:50:54 PM »

Oh, and the other package contained my second copy of Patty Duke sings Valley of the Dolls - this one looks to be in a bit better condition and the jacket is minty fresh.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2003, 07:21:13 PM »

Just 5 more days:

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2003, 07:22:54 PM »

I'm baking cookies again!

Yeah, like anything else is new.

Well, this time it's a recipe called Grammy's Chocolate Cookies, which called for oodles of butter, oodles of sugar, a single oodle of cocoa powder, and a double oodle of vanilla extract.

I made the dough before we went out for drinks and dinner, letting the dough chill in the refridgerator.  The recipe, published by Martha Stewart, then called for rolling the dough in one-inch balls (nice of her to tell us, in case anyone was wondering) and then dipping her the balls in yet more sugar.

That's the one place where I'm taking a variance from the original recipe, as I'm dipping them in a variety of colored sugars.  It's the holidays, and I owe it to myself to make things festive.

I'll post again later about how the cookies come out.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2003, 07:40:39 PM »

I think it's kind of a silly criticism of a song in a musical these days that it sounds like it was included to land on the pop charts. Songs from musicals just don't do that much any more, at least not in the USA, and I can't think of many writers who would think with the way the music world is now that that's going to change.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2003, 07:46:12 PM »

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN was a wonderful lark of a movie. Yep, overlong by fifteen minutes or so, but a hugely enjoyable adventure yarn. I can see why it's been so popular. It's just a good time.

After it finished, I popped in THE HOT ROCK, but I'll wait to watch that tomorrow.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2003, 07:49:09 PM »

The cookies are quite good!  There's an interesting fudginess to their taste, and the sugar on top makes them nice and sparkly.  If I have a comment to make, it's that Martha claims the recipe makes "about 100 cookies," which is close, because I got a total of 94.  

Obviously, my balls are bigger than hers!   ;D ;D ;D

Recipe link!

Oh, and this finally brings me to full membership!

And Bonnie and Buster are wrastling again...underneath my bed!  Silly pups!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 07:55:18 PM by S. Woody White »

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2003, 08:01:56 PM »

I'm looking forward to getting my WICKED cast CD this week as well. All the talk about it for the last few months has made me really curious, and, of course, I've liked what I've heard from performance snippets on various TV shows.

Andrea

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2003, 08:03:43 PM »

DR Jennifer:

Sorry, Exam's killing me

MAPDECTHANKS for amazon.ca
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up