Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RED LICORICE  (Read 50788 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:RED LICORICE
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2006, 04:14:54 PM »

Got my vanilla custard ice cream...hmmmm.  Paul was with his mom to late to do the matinee so we are going to Taco Del Mar for dinner.  It's new here.  I think it's a great fast food chain.  (If that isn't an oxymoron)

Wow, I didn't realize that Taco Del Mar had spread across the country so quickly.  They started here in the Seattle / Tacoma area, and I knew they had expanded; still I am impressed.  Their web site says they now have 202 locations.  They are in over half of the States, all of Canada, AND Puerto Rico.  I love thier Mondo Burritos!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2006, 04:18:28 PM »

Mr. Barnum, you had better go to the 5th Avenue Theater (in Seattle) website.  They have announced that their opening show in September will be BOMBAY DREAMS.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize that Taco Del Mar had spread across the country so quickly.  They started here in the Seattle / Tacoma area, and I knew they had expanded; still I am impressed.  Their web site says they now have 202 locations.  They are in over half of the States, all of Canada, AND Puerto Rico.  I love thier Mondo Burritos!

So do I!  They opened here about a month ago or so. I've already introduced them to a number of people and tonight it will be one more.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2006, 04:36:31 PM »

So do I!  They opened here about a month ago or so. I've already introduced them to a number of people and tonight it will be one more.  

Damn!  Maybe I will go up there and get dinner.  I already have food for dinner, but I suppose I could eat it tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2006, 04:46:49 PM »

Dont hvae one in ND...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

To get to the closest Taco Del Mar to Rehoboth Beach, DE, I would have to travel to Sioux City, Iowa, or to Lincoln, Nebraska (with two locations).

Somehow, I think I'd like to have more reasons than a taco or burrito to travel to either Sioux City, Iowa, or Lincoln, Nebraska.

Do you think they'd deliver?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

On the other hand, we've a Moe's Southwest Grill open up right across the highway.  Not bad stuff.  It'll be even better when they get the margaritas going.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »

To get to the closest Taco Del Mar to Rehoboth Beach, DE, I would have to travel to Sioux City, Iowa, or to Lincoln, Nebraska (with two locations).

Somehow, I think I'd like to have more reasons than a taco or burrito to travel to either Sioux City, Iowa, or Lincoln, Nebraska.

Do you think they'd deliver?
\

But but you could have a taco with me in Sioux City!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »

You do have a point, Cillaliz.

Now we have to convince der Brucer.

:-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2006, 05:14:15 PM »

Time to see how my brandade is setting up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2006, 05:35:03 PM »

For some reason I thought today's show ended at six, but was happy to find it ended at five.  So, I got to come home briefly although I must soon be on my way to LACC to work on the sound and lighting.

Today's show was interesting on many levels.  It seemed like there were less of the megawatt celebs or even half megawatt celebs - and Miss Debbie Reynolds and The Mick (Rooney) didn't even arrive until after one.  So, for the first three or four hours I had the best show ever - sold a surprising number of books (the Kritzers, and Writer's Block were the ones that went), a fair number of DVDs, even a Guy Haines CD or two, and, most surprisingly, a bunch of photos.  Who knew?  I made a nice chunk of change today and that was icing on the cake, because I also met some terrific folks.  Seated directly across from me was Alan Young and Erin Moran.  Erin and I made faces at each other all day - fun.  On my right was our very own Mr. Kevin Spirtas (who did REALLY well).  I spoke to Stella Stevens, Linda Blair and a few other kindred spirits including Richard Herd, Chuck McCann.  All in all, the most enjoyable one of these I've done.  Hoping tomorrow is fun, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »

Also got roped into doing a ten minute chat with a screenwriting seminar that an acquaintance was doing in another room at the hotel.  I enjoyed that, too, and was my usual self - telling them to write what they believed in and to write it the way they wanted to and not to any Syd Field formula - let others worry about that crap.  Got some nice laughs because I'm quite self depracating.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2006, 05:48:11 PM »

Was Matt there today?
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »

BK, was the lovely Ms. Connie Hines (Carol) with Alan Young (Wilbur)? They are usually there together since they both starred in MR. ED.

FJL

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2006, 06:54:08 PM »

Just back from HELLO DOLLY at Paper Mill.  Tovah Feldshuh is a comic genius, IMHO, although her singing sounded a little off today.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2006, 07:14:38 PM »

Just back from HELLO DOLLY at Paper Mill.  Tovah Feldshuh is a comic genius, IMHO, although her singing sounded a little off today.

I know that Paper Mill is doing A WONDERFUL LIFE this fall.  I love that musical.  I played Uncle Billy.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

I tried to buy tickets for A WONDERFUL LIFE at the box office, but they're not on sale until Monday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2006, 08:19:38 PM »

Well Taco Del Mar was a hit.  Paul like the food, but especially liked all the photos of the hunky male surfers from the 50s? not sure what decade but awhile ago.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2006, 08:22:39 PM »

I think my attitude has now been adjusted. I was very angry about some things at work until I realized today that they are the natural consequences of me getting what I said I wanted...lol.. be careful what you want my dear or you will surely get it. So I'm going to just get used to working weekends  and evenings again and stop complaining.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

I am now going upstairs to take a nice bath.  Last I looked both cats were mad at me.  Callie because I let Boo run around the house and kept her behind closed doors and Boo because I cut her claws and put her back in her room.  Cats!

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2006, 08:25:18 PM »

Oh good heavens we're only at post 110!!! Somebody come frenzy with me

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »

Let's see....it's going to be close to 100 degrees for over 5 days here.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »

I have to laugh, I was standing outside and actually enjoying it - it was a dry heat - Paul said "Oh my god, is this what it's like in Phoenix?"  LOL, Phoenix was a lot hotter than the dry 97 degrees we had here today.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really don't mind the heat without the humidity

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »

Got my season tickets for the local touring season.  I'll see I CANT STOP LOVING YOU the night before I leave for New York in October. The others are HAIRSPRAY, MAN OF LA MANCHA, MAMA MIA,  and JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2006, 08:32:15 PM »

Dear Reader Laura, Did you see Nancy Grace tonight on the killers?  I hate watching that show, but I was too interested not to watch tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2006, 08:32:57 PM »

Oh boy what to talk about????

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »

BK< Glad you had a very good show

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »

I'm trying to frenzy but my fingers are tired of typing after writing most of the day

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2006, 08:34:07 PM »

TOTD -more

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Art Garfunkel (S & G)
Going Back - Dusty Springfield
Crawling Back - Roy Orbison
Another Tear Falls - Gene McDaniels
Vincent - Don McLean
Lean On Me - Bill Withers
I Need To Be In Love - Karen Carpenter
Crazy - Patsy Cline
Spanish Harlem - Ben E King
Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton
Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight
The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - Vicki Lawrence.
El Paso - Marty Robbins
When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

That bath is sounding nice, but I should be able to at least get us to page 5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up