Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS  (Read 55961 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2006, 06:38:26 PM »

On the Kitty front, since they seem to do paws and shrieks ablazing, I have decided to start putting Boo in her carrier and let her sit with me while I watch TV. While Callie does not seem amused, they can't hurt each other and may get used to being around each other.    Besides it's cooler down here for Boo

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2006, 06:39:11 PM »

Private Karaoke room...that could be interesting

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2006, 06:39:45 PM »

Good Evening!

Sorry for being errant and truant all day, but I just now finished cleaning up after DRs TPunk and Rodzinksi left a few hours ago.

;)
And I thought they were house trained.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2006, 06:41:36 PM »

Callie and Boo are having a stare down, but not making any noise and they can't hurt each other with Boo in her carrier.   I would live to just let her out, but I think I should let them get used to each other this way.  The other ways haven't been working too well!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Well, after finally getting out of bed around 11:00, I raced down the street to Foodtown to shop for brunch.  Then after realizing that they had almost nothing I needed, I raced down to Pathmark.

I almost cancelled brunch as soon as I saw the lines at the registers - they were all at least seven or eight people deep.  And everyone had very full carts.  In fact, there were no more carts at the front of the store to use.  I was just afraid that I would not make it back in time to get all the food cooked before everyone started arriving.  But I went ahead and grabbed a basket, and proceeded to walk the aisles.

Lo and behold, by the time I was ready to check out, the lines at the Express lanes were next to nothing.  I was through the checkout line in no time!

And then it was home to cook, clean, cook some more...  And then "Brunch is served!"

I had a wonderful time.  It was great getting to spend some more time with DRs TPunk and Rodzinksi, Rodzinski's sister, and James.  *The biscuits and gravy were a special request from James - and TPunk - and I was more than happy to oblige.

Anybody want some leftover Hash Brown Casserole?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »

And I thought they were house trained.

Actualy, they are both house trained quite well.  I just got into one of those "moods" where if I'm cleaning this, I might as well clean that... and that... and that...
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

Did I miss it, or was there no celebration for TCB's 5000th post?

You mean I hit a major milestone and I didn't even notice!
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »

Oh my! We should have a party....Jose can bring the hashbrowns

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »

Here is a question: In 1776, does the actress who plays Mrs. Jefferson get paid as much as the actors who perform for the whole show?

Well, all actors get paid the same base salary - at least for Equity productions.  However, the base salaries are just minimums.  If you have a good agent...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2006, 06:46:52 PM »

Congrats TCB

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2006, 06:47:35 PM »

Ah, karaoke!  :)

I had never been to one of those karaoke places with the private/party rooms.  Quite a nice set-up.  Nothing fancy, but it was nice knowing that you were definitely going to get to sing rather than waiting and waiting and waitng for your turn.  And, I have to say, the singing talent in Room 5 last night was pretty decent.  -And I also stumbled up a Whitney Houston Medley that was a hoot!

After we had all joined in the final chorus of "New York, New York", we headed over to a bar called Sortie.  Neat place.  Dim "mood" lighting, lots of couches, pretty potent cocktails.  And it was after I had my cocktail - a martini that was made with pureed lychee fruit and a basil-infused vodka (quite yummy!) - that I "volunteered" to make brunch this morning. ;)

After that cocktail, you probably volunteered a lot of things![/size]
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2006, 06:48:16 PM »

And Kate Bldwin has also played Martha Jefferson in 1776, at Ford's Theatre in D.C.

...As well as Nellie Forbush in South Pacific at Arena Stage.  And I had the extreme pleasure of "accompanying" her during both productions.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »

Jose, I was very happy to hear your news.  I hope there is more soon.

Thank you, DR TCB.

I should be able to share a bit more news as the coming week goes on.  I'm just waiting for a few more e-mails and faxes to be exchanged.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »

At one point I was tempted to make a second course of a hashbrown casserole sandwich with bacon and sausage gravy.

Since I was already quite full I resisted the urge.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »

I see people just sitting there like so much fish!

Guilty as charged!  Actually, I've been hearing all about Richard's week at Nashotah House, eating pizza with him and our DS Rob, and watching 2 episodes of NCIS, season 1.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »

Man!  Sometimes the world at large just conspires to irk people, doesn't it?  All I wanted was some food.  First, I went to Gelson's - the deli was too crowded and I didn't feel like anything anyway.  Then, I drove across the street to the Subway.  As I parked, ten people walked into the Subway.  This at five-thirty.  Well, I wasn't about to wait behind ten people.  Then I drove to Quickie's to get three slices of pizza.  There was someone ordering when I walked in - ordering five large pizzas, a few slices, a few sides, a few salads, with no end in sight.  I stormed out.  I then drove to another pizza place I'd never tried, not too far away.  I ordered three slices - there was this HUGE pizza, and they put that in to cook and to take my three slices from.  Twenty minutes later it was done.  He then cut the slices and each one of the was roughly the size of a motor home.  I've never seen bigger slices in my life and each one had to be put in its own small box, and even then the edge had to be folded over to make it fit.  I got the three slices home.  The pizza was fair, but I was so hungry I ate most of two slices (but not all), which was probably like eating four slices - blechhh.  I didn't even touch the third slice, just threw it out.  I then had to get the taste out of my mouth so I had a Snickers with almonds bar.  So, I ate terrible food (except for the Snickers) and way too much pizza, when all I wanted was three reasonble slices (which would have been roughly 1000 calories - fine for the diet).  Thankfully, I jogged, but I will be very angry if I so much as gain a half-pound from that awful pizza.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2006, 07:14:02 PM »

Well, my work here is done.  Good night, everyone!
[/i]

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »

I really have been E & T.  Gosh, first time I have said that. ;D  

It has been very hectic here since we returned, we even drove back north, 3 1/2 hours, to check out a litter of chocolate labs.  August might find us with a new family member.  If not in August then sometime in the fall.  

The trip was grand-I promise spectacular photos eventually.

It was wonderful to see George again and to finally meet TCB.  I do have a nice group picture I need to size for posting.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »

Welcome back, DR Jane!  We've missed you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »

Welcome back, Jane!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2006, 07:27:35 PM »

It's about TIME!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2006, 07:30:29 PM »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »

Thanks for the welcome backs.  :D

I'm sorry I have to leave again  :(so quickly & can't catch up with the news while I was gone-feel free to send me emails.  I must focus on getting my house in order & have a ton of errands to do this week and then I can return to hanging out with all of you.

‘night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2006, 07:42:21 PM »

Good to see you back, Jane.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2006, 07:44:14 PM »

Here is a question: In 1776, does the actress who plays Mrs. Jefferson get paid as much as the actors who perform for the whole show?

I do know that in 1976, the actress who played Mrs. Jefferson got paid as much as the other actors (except Sherman Hemsley).

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2006, 07:44:25 PM »

HOWEVER - two weeks away, and back for two posts and then ANOTHER week away?  I'm so sorry to say but we ALL have busy lives my darling Jane, but to take these interminable breaks is most unseemly - if I did it, this here site would shut down, and believe me I am as busy as anyone.

There.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2006, 07:44:49 PM »

Well, The cats did pretty well.  I locked Callie in the north side of the house and let Boo run for awhile.  She wasn't pleased when I took her back up to her room. I think we made a lot of progress this weekend. I will celebrate more than you can imagine on the day when they are both running free in the house.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »

If TCB is being so low-key about his 5000th post, I guess I shouldn't make a big deal out of getting close to post #2700.

FJL

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »

And Jefferson Mays made as much money as the whole cast did in I AM MY OWN WIFE.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up