Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FRIDAY THAT SEEMED LIKE SATURDAY  (Read 22774 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE FRIDAY THAT SEEMED LIKE SATURDAY
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2006, 10:28:08 AM »

Page Three Dance!! (you'll just have to imagine it...it's wonderful, though ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2006, 10:28:28 AM »

Off to work!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »

IS THERE SOMETHING IN OHIO WATER?

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Man Tells Court Sex With Boys is Sacred Ritual
Friday , August 04, 2006

CLEVELAND — A man accused of sexually assaulting nine boys with physical or mental disabilities told a judge that having sex with children is a sacred ritual protected by civil rights laws.

Phillip Distasio, who said he is the leader of a church called Arcadian Fields Ministries, represented himself at his pretrial hearing Wednesday. He is charged with 74 counts including rape, pandering obscenity to minors and corrupting another with drugs.

"I'm a pedophile. I've been a pedophile for 20 years," he said in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Wednesday. "The only reason I'm charged with rape is that no one believes a child can consent to sex. The role of my ministry is to get these cases out of the courtrooms."

Distasio said some of his congregants are among the victims in this case. Distacio, of Rocky River, is accused of molesting two disabled boys he tutored at his home and raping seven autistic boys at a Cleveland school for special-needs students where he was a teacher's aide. All but one of the victims were under 13.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2006, 12:27:37 PM »

My dad is out of ICU and in the very same room he occupied four weeks ago!  He's had a very good day, but the only problem still is his voice and diction.  He was given an EKG this afternoon and I think the vocal problems may be responsible.  The physical therapist had him up and walking, so things are looking better.

DR MattH, there was a whole Cast Recording List thread on the movie today, with lots of negative opinions, one of them being our former DR William Lurie.  I think the original film is such a poor representation of a dark show, but I think Jackman's too old, and the cast should be in their early 20s when the film begins.  I wish the project well, however, and I think Jackman's a good choice for many reasons.

DR TPunk, Lady Macbeth is a bitch.  I believe that as soon as she gets out of bed and begins pouring Bailey's Irish Cream into her coffee, she thinks of various ways to make others miserable.  She no longer wants to care for my Dad, resented it when she had the responsibility, and she doesn't want him happy and content any more than she wants Randy and Jo Ann showing her up as his caretakers.  She's a conniving liar, and I think my evil brother's outburst against my inheriting a third of my father's estate is a result of her wanting it all:  why divide something three ways when two ways guarantees a bigger piece of the pie?

I suspect her whole radiation burn megillah is another lie for two things:  more attention and I wouldn't be surprised if my dad's estate got a bill from her for damages.  Her father is a good bluegrass guitarist and she's a frustrated performer with, I think, the same chip on her shoulder as one of rhe least favorite recording artiists I worked with on a Comden & Green album:  I'M-NOT-THE-STAR-I-DESERVE-TO-BE-GODDAMMIT!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2006, 12:56:43 PM »

I was just looking through the Village Theatre program (they just have one for the entire series) and one of the cast members in tonight's The Last Starfighter is our very own Jessica Skerritt!!  What a coinkydink! ;D She plays Maggie/Alien Recruit.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2006, 01:10:03 PM »

I really cannot describe how dreadfully hot and uncomfortable it was going to a couple of stores on my errands this afternoon. And then walking back to my car across a sweltering asphalt packing lot was hideous. I was dripping with sweat, and even though I had just showered, I seriously considered taking another one just to not feel so sticky. Right now, after 4 p.m. here, it's 96.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »

When I got in from my errands, I brought in the mail and was disappointed that I got no packages at all. Imagine my surprise when around 3 p.m., the doorbell rang, and it was the mailman bringing back a package he had failed to leave - my SINGIN' IN THE RAIN laserdisc!

Since I was already watching something that would take me up to the end of my afternoon viewing time, I put it aside knowing what I'd be watching tonight when I fired up the TV again. Can't wait!

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2006, 01:15:37 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with the 1949 LITTLE WOMEN. The Technicolor looked good enough to eat, and it's a very sharp, clear transfer of the film to DVD.

I haven't watched the Cukor/Hepburn version in a long time (have always loved it), but I enjoy this version too, even if June Allyson is way too old for Jo.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »

A marriage of convenience!

Could be interesting...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

Next, I put in CAPTAIN JANUARY. I'm pleased to report the Fox transfer of this classic Shirley Temple film looks very good. Yes, there are some scratches that run along the right side of the frame for a bit, but they aren't terribly distracting, and it certainly looks better than any televised showing I've ever seen.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »

Today is Friday.

Best of vibes to DR CP's DW  DR JULIANA for her opening night tonight!  It sounds like a wonderful program and presentation!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »

Best of vibes to MR BK on his stage appearance this evening...I am sure it will be a smash!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »

TOD:

VHS:  A Study in Terror a Sherlock Holmes/Jack the Ripper movie produced by Mr Herman Cohen....

DVD:  HERCULES AND THE MEDUSA featuring friend of DR MB, Mr Richard Harrison, who always wears TOO much as Hercules so he won't have to shave his chest....

CD:  John Pizzarelli - New Standards..

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »

IS THERE SOMETHING IN OHIO WATER?

ASSOCIATED PRESSder Brucer

Ug, what timing.  I had a drop in counseling session this morning that was very challenging for these very same reasons.  But I have to focus on the positive which is that this person sought help.  And now, I am having some wine.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

Working hours and hours re arranging everything in my room....and it is just about where I want it to be.

My nephew found a rattlesnake in his living room yesterday.....the DNR has said that they haven't heard of one this far north in the county in many years.  If it's a male it's just passing through....if it's a female and they see it again, notify them immediately....

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

My dad is out of ICU and in the very same room he occupied four weeks ago!  He's had a very good day, but the only problem still is his voice and diction.  He was given an EKG this afternoon and I think the vocal problems may be responsible.  The physical therapist had him up and walking, so things are looking better.

DR MattH, there was a whole Cast Recording List thread on the movie today, with lots of negative opinions, one of them being our former DR William Lurie.  I think the original film is such a poor representation of a dark show, but I think Jackman's too old, and the cast should be in their early 20s when the film begins.  I wish the project well, however, and I think Jackman's a good choice for many reasons.

DR TPunk, Lady Macbeth is a bitch.  I believe that as soon as she gets out of bed and begins pouring Bailey's Irish Cream into her coffee, she thinks of various ways to make others miserable.  She no longer wants to care for my Dad, resented it when she had the responsibility, and she doesn't want him happy and content any more than she wants Randy and Jo Ann showing her up as his caretakers.  She's a conniving liar, and I think my evil brother's outburst against my inheriting a third of my father's estate is a result of her wanting it all:  why divide something three ways when two ways guarantees a bigger piece of the pie?

I suspect her whole radiation burn megillah is another lie for two things:  more attention and I wouldn't be surprised if my dad's estate got a bill from her for damages.  Her father is a good bluegrass guitarist and she's a frustrated performer with, I think, the same chip on her shoulder as one of rhe least favorite recording artiists I worked with on a Comden & Green album:  I'M-NOT-THE-STAR-I-DESERVE-TO-BE-GODDAMMIT!

Maybe you can explain to her that placing your father in a nursing home would only eat away at her inheritance.  That might be something she could understand.  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »

Shall we move to page four?

George

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

I just read HERE on Playbill.com that Ghostlight is going to record the new Off-Broadway revival of The Fantasticks.  It says this about one song in particular:

The score is substantially the same as the original as well, though with a revised lyric for "It Depends on What You Pay." The original song, which used the word "rape" in the sense of "abduction," raised hackles and was replaced by a new song, "Abduction," in some productions over the past 20 years. For the 2006 Off-Broadway revival at the Snapple Theater Center Jones has gone back to the original melody and created a new lyric that uses synonyms for "abduction." The new version debuted in previews.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with the 1949 LITTLE WOMEN. The Technicolor looked good enough to eat, and it's a very sharp, clear transfer of the film to DVD.

I haven't watched the Cukor/Hepburn version in a long time (have always loved it), but I enjoy this version too, even if June Allyson is way too old for Jo.

I love the June Allyson version of Little Women.  My sister and I grew up watching it over and over again after my mom taped it off the TV.  It is one of my all time favorite movies.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2006, 01:30:17 PM »

Only about an hour of the workday left - YAY!  This evening I'm going out for a quick supper with a co-worker and a recently-retired co-worker and then we're going to a walking tour of the former site of the Watervliet Shaker Community.  There we will meet my DH Richard, whose shape-note singing group was asked to perform.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

And now, I must sort and fold some laundry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

Well I can't count.....not Page Four yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2006, 01:34:26 PM »

That's what the world needs - another recording of The Fantasticks.  One thing's for certain - the label ain't paying for it.   I'm bored of all this PC crap with It Depends On What You Pay.  Shall we also change the title of The Rape of The Lock?  At one point in the history of the show Tom added a little speech about the context and meaning of the word rape as regards the song - if audiences can't "get" it then that's a sad comment, I'm afraid.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2006, 01:36:43 PM »

And Tom needs to stop "revising" every show he's written - it's always for the worse and then the only way to license the shows is to agree to the revisions - his silly revising of I Do! I Do!, putting My Cup Runneth Over in act two, is incredibly inane and harmful.  Sorry, the show wasn't broken so why fix it?  Same with 110 In The Shade, which has had more tinkering than The Baker's Wife.  Stop already.  And, as much as I respect and admire him, Mr. Jones should not direct his shows.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »

We need four African American actors for TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD.

That is all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2006, 01:41:20 PM »

DR TPUNK - wine helps just about every situation.

DR CP have you seen A Study in Terror?  It's not a great Sherlock, the script is strange, but it is a lot of fun.  And the production design, costumes, and acting all deserve a stronger story.

Features John Fraser and Judi Dench!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 01:41:44 PM »

And I played the "guess who Herman chased around the desk" and found the actor quickly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 01:42:40 PM »

Tomorrow is the Brickyard 400.....Sunday starts the Old Settlers Picnic in Mooresville.

DR MATTH email me your snail mail address - I have something to send you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2006, 01:43:10 PM »

More problems with the BMV and its computers....Indiana is a mess.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »

DR Adriana Patti - thanks for the story about your avatar!  You're very cute as Baby June and your mother is a very talented seamstress.  The diva got what she deserved.  What was the next semester's play?

Just what I was going to say :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up