Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FRIDAY THAT SEEMED LIKE SATURDAY  (Read 22773 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE FRIDAY THAT SEEMED LIKE SATURDAY
« on: August 04, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes seemed like Saturday notes and yet were Friday notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they were going to come home on Friday, but since it seemed like Saturday they decided to stay put.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 01:25:02 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE FRIDAY THAT SEEMED LIKE SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 12:57:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: JUVENESCENT!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 01:10:12 AM »

Well, I had an absolutly wonderful night. After reading Kritzerland ( waiting with baited breath for Kritzertime), I saw the fabulous Kevin Spirtas perform acts or sheer amazment and delight. After a lovely piece of cheese cake and some gossip, I was lucky enough to be drivin home by the star of tonight's show.....

But there was an event, a pinnicle of my life, that topped even that tonight...

Bruce Kimmel Proposed!

I dont know what to say I was flabergasted ( what a disgusting word ). We would of course be living in separate residences and living our own lives...but it is still important! I have not yet givin him an anwser, I do not feel I have known him long enough.

What do the dear readers think..you have known him far longer than I have....  Please Help Me!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 01:15:03 AM »

I vote for the first haineshisway.com marriage ceremony.  I think it would be a fine marriage, especially the living in separate residences and having nothing to do with each other part.  I mean, we'd have lovely meals together, and we'd chat and have fun and all that, but, you know, it would be a marriage in the best sense - rarely seeing one's partner.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 01:15:47 AM »

A marriage of convenience!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 01:23:19 AM »

Yesterday, DakotaCelt wrote:
Hmmm, wonder if Matt would ever do The Full Monty??

I doubt it, he seems rather classy.

A tour of the show came to Olympia earlier this year (a friend of DR Jason's was in the cast!) and I got to work backstage during the show (and no...we weren't allowed to look at all! ;)).  

Anyway, I think that it's a wonderful show with a great score and loads of heart (I remember that when it first opened on Broadway, all the reviews said that it was going to be nominated for every Tony Award...it was, but then The Producers opened and won them all).  I think that Matt would be wonderful in the show.  And the audience never really sees anything.  At the the very end of the show, when they really do "the full monty," they're backlit by very, very, very bright lights, so it's almost impossible to see at all, let alone be able to focus on any naughy bits. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:24:45 AM »

There is the slight age difference - but that didn't stop Mr. Charles Chaplin and Miss Oona O'Neill, did it?  That didn't stop Mr. Tony Randall and his ever-lovin' twenty-three year old, did it (Mr. Randall being seventy-three at the time)?  I feel this will be a finer than fine marriage, and I do know that Mr. Charles Pogue will not only be all for it, he will serve as the Best Man.  Now, let's choose the maid of honor and the flowergirls.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »

Re The Full Monty - unless you're sitting in the front row, as I was.  All the bright lights in the world can't hide the Monty from the front row.

George

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:29:02 AM »

Ahh...I was off stage right with robes for the curtain call and we were told...no, commanded...to look down and hold the robes above (and in front of) our heads so that we couldn't see anything.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 01:29:18 AM by George »

George

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:33:59 AM »

Time for bed...good night, BK. :)

FJL

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 03:05:42 AM »

If there's anything more gallumphing than a Giselle in a Girdle, that would be me trying to catch an 8 a.m. plane.  But I somehow seem to be on schedule, so if all goes right, I'll be in Seattle later this morning (Seattle time), and in Issaquah by this afternoon.

George - Thanks for the report on last night's show at the Village Theatre Festival.  The theater sounds intimate in the way it's designed, but when I multiply your numbers, 20 rows of 12 seats each still sounds like 240 SEATS TO FILL!  I'm hoping Last Starfighter has a decent showing tonight in terms of seeming to fill that theater.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 04:08:22 AM »

Good Morning!

Yes, it is I, DR JoseSPiano, posting at 7:00am EST.  Your eyes are not deceiving you.

In short, I got up yesterday morning at 3:40am.  I was on the road by 4:15am.  I reached Fairfax, VA, a little before 9:00.  After washing the road grime off of me, I headed into DC for my production meeting at 11:00am.  I left said production meeting at 4:30pm, and got back to my parents' house at 5:30pm.  Then I decided to take a nap around 6:30pm.  The next thing I knew it was 5:30AM.  So...  That's why I've been errant and truant for the past 24 hours or so.  Or something like that.  In any case...

Good morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 04:11:49 AM »

Since I got up, I've been taking care of stuff - bills, bills, bills - as well as catching up on e-mails.  I have another meeting today at 10:00 - which I'll be showing up for around 11:00.  The design staff is getting together today, and since I tend to have an eye for "Oh!  Wait, you can't do that because then we can't do this" things, I have been invited to drop in if I so desire.  And since I so desire, I shall drop in for a few hours.  -Heck, it will also be a free lunch.  -I'm not stupid!  ;)  -And then it looks like I'll get a chance to start moving into my temporary apartment here in DC later this afternoon too!

And then... ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 04:15:31 AM »

Well, I have yet to read the Notes - as well as catch up on the Posts from yesterday - but since it is Friday....

Media Check:

iPod - Cabaret - A couple of different versions for "immersion" purposes: 1966 OCR, 1986 London (Wayne Sleep), 1998 Broadway/Mendes/Marshall, 1972 Movie.

*Was the 1997 revival recorded?  released?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 04:16:10 AM »

FJL - Safe Travel Vibes!~~~~~~~~~~

*And my best to your ever-lovin' Skip too!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 04:20:41 AM »

Good Morning, Jose!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 04:21:41 AM »

I'll be danged if I can come up with an anagram for JUVENESCENT.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 04:22:19 AM »

Not having an anagram for JUVENESCENT has me feeling old.   :P

Ben

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 04:55:30 AM »

Nothing on the visual front planned.

I do have a crop of CDs for listening this morning.

Most Happy Fella 1992 Cast Recording

Mame OCR

A Little Night Music OCR

Pacific Overtures OCR

The Rothschilds OCR

Side by Side by Sondheim OCR

1776 OCR

Showboat 1962 Studio Cast Recording w/John Raitt, Barbara Cook, William Warfield and Anita Darian

Overtime begins officially tomorrow morning so I will be in the office bright and early on Saturday around 6am.

That's it for now.

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 05:46:09 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  It's an all-information-waitressing day for me, so my presence here will be sporadic.

iPod - Cabaret - A couple of different versions for "immersion" purposes: 1966 OCR, 1986 London (Wayne Sleep), 1998 Broadway/Mendes/Marshall, 1972 Movie.

DR Jose - when did you get an iPod?  What kind did you get?  Are you enjoying it?  Should I make plans to try to get to DC for She Loves Me?

DR FJL (who's probably airborne by now) - travel vibes and Starfighter broken legs!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 05:53:10 AM »

Good morning, all!  My father continues to improve.  Last night my brother Randy and I took him a strawberry milkshake, which he liked, but he onlydrank  a few ounces.  We'll see how he's progressing today.  

On the negative side, my evil brother mentioned the dread words "nursing home" yesterday to Randy.  My biggest fear is that Lady Macbeth, who you all know has a problem, will be calling his oncologist and suggesting it on the grounds that Randy and Jo Ann are incapable of taking care of him.  She's already telling people that Randy and Jo Ann are to blame for his being back in hospital and that my dad moved out of their house because they were too strict on controlling his medications.  Alas, the reason he moved out was because Lady Macbeth on July Fifth had too much pills and liquor and told my dad what she thought he owed them, while my evil brother attacked me.  Feeling betrayed by someone he cared about and trusted,  he moved to Randy's the next day.  He's been happy there, and Randy wants him back.  Oy!

DR MattH, I mentioned the CAROUSEL remake on Wednesday, I believe, after I saw it mentioned on the Cast Recording List.

TOD:  I only brought a few CDs to play in the car:  THE TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN, some Scott Joplin, BABES IN TOYLAND, my evil brother's and Lady Macbeth's blues band demo.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 05:56:58 AM »

DR Elmore - glad to hear that your dad's improving, but sorry to hear that the drama continues.  Hang in there and call me over the weekend if you get a chance.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 05:58:01 AM »

I do hope that someday DR Andrea Patti will tell us the story behind her avatar...

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 06:43:11 AM »

Well, I had an absolutly wonderful night. After reading Kritzerland ( waiting with baited breath for Kritzertime), I saw the fabulous Kevin Spirtas perform acts or sheer amazment and delight. After a lovely piece of cheese cake and some gossip, I was lucky enough to be drivin home by the star of tonight's show.....

But there was an event, a pinnicle of my life, that topped even that tonight...

Bruce Kimmel Proposed!

I dont know what to say I was flabergasted ( what a disgusting word ). We would of course be living in separate residences and living our own lives...but it is still important! I have not yet givin him an anwser, I do not feel I have known him long enough.

What do the dear readers think..you have known him far longer than I have....  Please Help Me!

Wait, I thought he proposed last week, or was that just asking your mother's permission  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 06:47:34 AM »

Well, I'm off to Corn Days.  I'm running late, but Paul's party went late.  It was fun, but I had a little too much wine considering the heat in the house. I drank lots of water when I got home, so I'm not hurting just running slow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 06:48:47 AM »

I may be a bit e and t over the next few days.  I'm not sure if I'll have internet access in my home town. Well, at least not at my parents house.  My dad had dial-up, but I think he cancelled it and hasn't got his high speed at that house right now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 06:49:10 AM »

Better run I still have a couple things to do and would like to be on the road asap

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 06:49:26 AM »

BK- Did you have the chili fries?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 06:55:36 AM »

I'm up.  Still.  I found out what cable has to offer at 3:30 am...not much.  I finally dozed off shortly before four, and slept fitfully on the couch until 5:20, at which time I moved to the bed for an hour of dozing in a more comfortable position.  I don't think that I ever got to an actual sleeping stage, but at least I rested my body.  My stomach is still in full jumping mode, I'm afraid, but I'm going to attempt to go to work anyway.  Maybe I can get off early...

DR Elmore, vibes to you and your family as you deal with this stressful situation.  I hope sense and goodness prevail and your father is allowed to live where he feels the most comfortable.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2006, 07:32:13 AM »

Good Morning!

WOW!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again... It's amazing how much you can get done when you wake up before 10:30am!

;D

Laundry, bill paying, breakfast, car-washing, gas station for a fill up, clean the inside of my car, replace windshield wipers, refill my windshield-wiper fluid tank, top off my coolant tank, etc., etc., etc...

I may have to get used to think waking up "early" thing....

NOT!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up